Forums / Community / General Discussion

I never hear people talking about this.

OP Thane Yates

Why do some people like the halo 5 campaign?
I mean, there not much to talk about here. It's pretty much unanimously agreed that, story wise, the Campaign is a total mess.
The same reason some people like Halo 5 in general , questionable tastes.

Seriously , it's all subjective some people like it , others don't.
Why do some people like the halo 5 campaign?
I've gotta say that I don't hate the Halo 5 campaign. I wish a lot of things were different and better, and that it was more truthful to the advertising, but I don't dislike the campaign. It's just kinda eh. Which is unfortunate for a Halo.
Personally I don't like the campaign, mainly because it feels like the story was rushed and not thought through enough. The characters were stale and there wasn't many "major" plot points that couldn't be seen from a mile away. 343I could have done better, I see what they were going for, but they didn't deliver how they should've and it's sad.
Statistically speaking, someone has to.
Spoiler:
Show
I've gotta say that I don't hate the Halo 5 campaign. I wish a lot of things were different and better, and that it was more truthful to the advertising, but I don't dislike the campaign. It's just kinda eh. Which is unfortunate for a Halo.
That's how I feel, too. Halo 5's campaign wasn't terrible. It was just really disappointing for me, not only for the reasons you said but also because of character treatment. Which, given that Halo has been my favorite franchise for years, is bad for my faith in the franchise.
The campaign had good and bad points. It wasn't as exciting as the commercial made it seem and the AI are dumber than mud but there were a lot of fun levels. Of course though everyone hates battling the Warden 9000000 times.
It's story sucked really badly however the gameplay was fine.
It was very eh, as far as storys go. If you kept up in the books and knew all the characters before Halo 5, you might have liked it. But even then, it was still eh.
It's story sucked really badly however the gameplay was fine.
The gameplay is where I'm torn. In the campaign, sprinting/thrusting/ground-pound/etc are ok. Those mechanics don't really hurt anything in the campaign. It's the multiplayer where those mechanics are terrible and ruin the experience. However, it's important to have consistency in gameplay between campaign and multiplayer.

That is, aside from 343's odd decision to not include revivals as an option for custom games and the decision to make sprinting work differently between campaign and multiplayer.
My friends hate the story of what happened but never really hated it. The story just sucked but gameplay was pretty decent.
For the most part it was fun to play and I liked a lot of the little side stories and bits of info in the audio logs, those are about the only good things I can say about it.