Forums / Community / General Discussion

Idea for future threat-prisoner(s) in Warfleet

OP TRUe REDEMPTI0N

So, people wonder if there will ever be new species and enemies will be introduced into the series. I was thinking of something, beings or species imprisoned by the Precursors and Forerunners, In Halo Warfleet on the page of the galaxy and says this when it comes to threats,
Quote:
Precursors and Forerunners could only contain some dangers. These prisons, marked by crystallized shards of time, tempt the unwary.
I think it'd be very interesting if there was some species millions of years ago that was a serious threat to the galaxy that eventually the Precursors needed to imprison, with extra security put in place by the Forerunners. With the activation of the Array, the Precursor prisons were destroyed but there's still Forerunner back-up. I think it'd be cool if they go back to this tidbit of info for potential future stories and games. What'd you think?
So, people wonder if there will ever be new species and enemies will be introduced into the series. I was thinking of something, beings or species imprisoned by the Precursors and Forerunners, In Halo Warfleet on the page of the galaxy and says this when it comes to threats,
Quote:
Precursors and Forerunners could only contain some dangers. These prisons, marked by crystallized shards of time, tempt the unwary.
I think it'd be very interesting if there was some species millions of years ago that was a serious threat to the galaxy that eventually the Precursors needed to imprison, with extra security put in place by the Forerunners. With the activation of the Array, the Precursor prisons were destroyed but there's still Forerunner back-up. I think it'd be cool if they go back to this tidbit of info for potential future stories and games. What'd you think?
well Precursors were a life form outside the galaxy so that means there could be a threat coming. fingers crossed.
Quote:
well Precursors were a life form outside the galaxy so that means there could be a threat coming. fingers crossed.
The Tyranids!
Oh sorry wrong franchise.

What if these prison dont actually contain lifeforms amd rather anomalies or precursor tech that went out of control?
Quote:
The Tyranids!
Oh sorry wrong franchise.

What if these prison dont actually contain lifeforms amd rather anomalies or precursor tech that went out of control?
it's possible, honestly with space being so unknown anything is possible
I don't think that given the nature of the Precursors, that there is any threat they "can't" defeat. Rather, their philosophy of the Mantle dictates that anything that's a threat to the other races has to be prevented from wiping them out, but can't themselves be wiped out before they achieve their maximum potential. This would explain why the Precursors locked them away.

As for the Forerunner involvement, I take this to mean that this was long before the Forerunners attempted to unleash genocide on the Precursors, and were still being tutored by them. So this whole situation could be philosophical training for the Forerunners,