Skip to main content

Forums / Community / General Discussion

If there was a 2nd ODST game, where should it be?

OP A Sword Elite

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Personally, I'd like to see Buck's team from Reach during New Alexandria, or on The Ark in Halo Wars 2 (No not the Spear-breaker mission, that doesn't count)
Dropping on a Halo ring would be cool, and encountering The Flood as an ODST would be even cooler.
I have actually already written out a potential opening for a second ODST game. It begins at the same time as the ending for Halo 5: Guardians* and the ODSTs are on a panic-stricken and confused Earth.
Spoiler:
Show
I have actually already written out a potential opening for a second ODST game. It begins at the same time as the ending for Halo 5: Guardians* and the ODSTs are on a panic-stricken and confused Earth.
Spoiler:
Show
That's a pretty good one. I could see ODST's maybe fighting forerunner soldiers and crawlers that came from the Guardian.
Vohark wrote:
Dropping on a Halo ring would be cool, and encountering The Flood as an ODST would be even cooler.
Yeah, I loved the scene where Chief drops with ODSTs on Delta Halo. I wish we saw more of them during the flood missions instead of a bunch of marines. At the very least the Sacred Icon retrieval mission in Halo 2 should've had ODSTs, since the Index is very important for firing the rings. They are the best of the best after alll.
I'd like to see an ODST game during and/or after the New Phoenix Incident.
I want to see a new Halo ODST video game that is set after Halo Wars 1 and before Halo Reach.
I know they're not technically ODST's anymore, but a game following the exploits of Alpha-Nine after the events of Bad Blood could be fun. Other than that, I could see ODST squads on either Earth (like N7 117 said) or on the Ark (Halo Wars 2's ODST squads) being potential places for some extra action.
I think a sequel to ODST set post Halo 4 practically has to be about Alpha Nine as Spartan IV's. ODST's are made conceptually obsolete (if not extinct) as the second-best class of soldiers after the SIV program is introduced. A game following the further exploits of Buck and Alpha Nine as Spartan IV's might be a lot of fun.

However. I believe a second ODST game, truly centered on Helljumpers in the original Halo Trilogy glory, should be set sometime before the inception of the Spartan IV program.

Maybe that's as far back as Harvest, or maybe it's in the immediate fallout of the H/C War. There are countless times in lore that an ODST game could very solidly occupy. A new squad of ODST's to follow would also be cool (I'll never stop caring about A-9, but variety is good.)
Vohark wrote:
I'm picturing a Resident Evil 7-style ODST flood game
Spoiler:
Show
This sounds really cool, I can't imagine what the ODST must be feeling with no radio for backup and probably Cortana's forerunners roaming the earth.
Sebbe29 wrote:
Spoiler:
Show
This sounds really cool, I can't imagine what the ODST must be feeling with no radio for backup and probably Cortana's forerunners roaming the earth.
Not to mention the chaos and disorder the civilians would be in.
Either Post War or Outer Colonies. Would love a game using Fireteam Sunray on the Ark assassinating Banished Leaders.
Would like to see Alpha-Nine as the protagonists for a new ODST game, following the events of Halo 5 (or whatever happens to them in Infinite).
ik this isnt what you asked but it got me thinking about a headhunter game that would be sick. a rather stealthy game with some of the most elite spartan duos thats a game right there.
Odst from Halo 2 or Reach folowing buck
Halo 2, 3, or Reach era story. No Spartan IIs, IIIs, IVs, only just ODST & Marines.
Might be boring but I wouldn't mind the pre-spartan days, like before the idea was even conceived. Would be neat to play a short prologue of the creation and formation and some of their battles against the Insurrectionist, something like that.
Id like an odst 2 cos i loved the first game and have always wanted one
I would keep it a like h3 odst with the finding the parts and piecing a story together and be able to choose what you think happened and that affect the story. Or you drop in somewhere (not sure where) then slowly as you piece together what happened your squad is wiped out then ONI consider the mission a failure and send evac with some spartans then you evac arrives and you enter slipspace and as soon as you exit slipspace you get boarded and then you the spartans get slaughtered. That last one sounded better in my head
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2