3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 15
Quote:
If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.
Wherein the mod simply reasserts the decision.

I can understand the regulation of slam-threads/posts that do little more than flame a mod, 343 dev, or fellow Halo fan - but if an argument presents itself in opposition to a mod decision, is it not an imbalance to have the poster ask the mod in question to reevaluate his or her own decision? There is no comparable procedure like this in any other hierarchal community or business; allowing the higher up in question to preside over themself.

Has there ever been a case where PMing a mod over a decision has ever resulted in the decision overturned? The current appeal procedure is predicated on the possibility of exactly that, otherwise it's one of two truths:

Either the mods have never been wrong in their flagging, or the appeal process is just having the mods explain why they aren't overturning anything.

*I'd like to make clear that I'm not arguing in defense of trolls and other very clear violations of rules. But in a hypothetical case of the mod being wrong about something, what in the current appeal process makes overturning his decision possible?
-snip-

*I'd like to make clear that I'm not arguing in defense of trolls and other very clear violations of rules. But in a hypothetical case of the mod being wrong about something, what in the current appeal process makes overturning his decision possible?
We don't allow people to discuss moderation actions in public because we don't want it derailing or cluttering up discussions. We also don't want to have to post excerpts from a user's moderation record (or do any other "Wall of Shame"-y stuff) to refute users that aren't being honest about their run-ins with us, or even users that are mistaken about the reasons they were moderated.

There have been a few cases where we've decreased ban lengths after being contacted by users, when those users have made a good case for the original ban lengths being in error. (There are also some accounts on this forum that have had permabans lifted after following the specific appeals process for that.) There have even been a few times where users demanded specific explanations for their bans and were actually satisfied with the ones they received. Moreover, if you feel that a particular moderator isn't handling your situation fairly, you can PM other members of the moderation team. Moderation-related actions and communications are logged and can be reviewed by any team member.

I'm not going to be listing specific examples of any of the above. Aside from the fact that we don't specifically keep lists of those, nearly all of the users involved did do something to warrant our intervention at some point, and we're not going to single them out for that just to absolve ourselves here.
That's a fair enough response. Only thing I'd highlight is I would very happily have not only my flag posts but also PMs made public in a thread. That's how sure I am about my case.

But it's been a few days and I'm chill. I'll follow up on the issue of my thread later.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
would be nice if you made a way to add peopleto your friends list.or is there one and im missing it?
I really enjoy Halo waypoint however I think that it should be a little easier to level up or lower levels should have a little bit more number of posts allowed. Other than that I think it's a great platform to meet other people and talk about Halo.
I know one thing is kinda annoying for me.

I have Wrath Anhur armor, but the graphics on Waypoint don't show the engraved skull on the helmet that well, making it nearly impossible to see.

Is there any way to fix this? MichiganArtist8
I have a question
I watched the Hale championship finals on whatever Sunday it was, and I still have not received my voices of war req pack. I was wondering if it was taking a while for them to roll out or if something went wrong.
Thank you for your time.
I have a question
I watched the Hale championship finals on whatever Sunday it was, and I still have not received my voices of war req pack. I was wondering if it was taking a while for them to roll out or if something went wrong.
Thank you for your time.
Not a question for this topic. There's a long running discussion topic on this here:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/has-someone-received-the-voices-of-war-pack-yet/a770b690-0b93-45ce-854c-f248fd313ba5/postsIf you didn't get your pack by last weekend, make sure and reach out to support: xbox.com/mixpot.
All the details about Mixpot rewards can be found in this FAQ - you need to contact them by today - Sunday 29th April as there is a 2 week windowhttps://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/xbox-mixpot-faq
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Also, any good tips for ranking up in the halo community?
Also, any good tips for ranking up in the halo community?
Spamming and off topic posts like this one aren't a good method. If you want to be a part of the community I'd suggest you make an effort to make your posts count. Read through topics and post when you think you can make a real contribution. You only have five posts to start off with I'd suggest you make the most of them.
Does halo waypoint have their own app? Would be dope but I have no idea if they do.
Does halo waypoint have their own app? Would be dope but I have no idea if they do.
Nope. Nothing for iOS or android. Would be cool to see eventually.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
Spoiler:
Show
All good ideas so far.
Give us an off-topic discussion section where we can add any topics that aren't Halo, just so, you know, people have a chance to discuss other things, make new friends, etc.

I think that would be a better idea than just having one single topic after what happened with it a bazillion years ago. Allow us to have an area where we can talk about other games we play and so on.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 15