2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 15
There have been a few undocumented changes to lower levels, but ranks can be found here:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/ranks
I have a simple question that may be an oversight or something else but the old forum rules are pinned together with the most recent forum rules on the Roll Call forum section. This do only cause confusion which forum rules that should get followed and which forum rules are the current.

Here is a link to both of the pinned forum rules and there should only be the most recent.
  • New forum Rules posted 11/15/2016 (link)
  • Old forum Rules posted 10/17/2011 (link)
I have a simple question that may be an oversight or something else but the old forum rules are pinned together with the most recent forum rules on the Roll Call forum section. This do only cause confusion which forum rules that should get followed and which forum rules are the current.

Here is a link to both of the pinned forum rules and there should only be the most recent.
  • New forum Rules posted 11/15/2016 (link)
  • Old forum Rules posted 10/17/2011 (link)
Fixed!
Hey i just want to say the guys at 343 may not be doing good with the campaign but their multiplayer is on point. Keep up the good work :D
Hey, if the Waypoint website and Halo 5 could be updated with this, it would be a huge benefit. There might already be a thread for this, but to be able to sell multiple REQ cards at a time would be amazing! I just spent over an hour just clicking...clicking... ...and clicking to sell enough REQs to buy a pack I wanted. To be able to choose to sell, say, twenty plasma pistols, or fifteen, or however many I want in one go would be extremely convenient. I love the REQ system, but this is my one gripe I would like to see fixed if possible :)

Edit: Considering that I almost always manage my REQ cars online on Waypoint, I would mainly like this change to be for the website, but it would still be useful in-game as well. If not to me, then I'm sure many other players would enjoy it.
Hey, if the Waypoint website and Halo 5 could be updated with this, it would be a huge benefit. There might already be a thread for this, but to be able to sell multiple REQ cards at a time would be amazing! I just spent over an hour just clicking...clicking... ...and clicking to sell enough REQs to buy a pack I wanted. To be able to choose to sell, say, twenty plasma pistols, or fifteen, or however many I want in one go would be extremely convenient. I love the REQ system, but this is my one gripe I would like to see fixed if possible :)

Edit: Considering that I almost always manage my REQ cars online on Waypoint, I would mainly like this change to be for the website, but it would still be useful in-game as well. If not to me, then I'm sure many other players would enjoy it.
There should be a tool available for Halo Waypoint that someone has created for selling many req cards. I would recommend selling the unneeded req cards when you do get them to avoid the annoying experience of selling them.
To clear up the confusion about special ranks such as Master of Unicorns and Loot crate. Can we get an update to the rank bio. I think it would help other waypointers understand how others have them.

This page.

Oh and an update to the forum medal page. People still are asking questions which I feel can be easily answered in a locked and pinned thread.

Also may I suggest a badge competition. Who can come up with the best brand new badge.

Another suggestion - whenever someone posts an answer to a question, like on the xbox forums, can it get pushed to the top of the thread, as long as a moderator or 343 member has verified that it works. It will most likely reduce unnecessary comments, and overall it will free up more time for the user. Answers at the moment can get easily lost in a sea of comments, which isn't helpful.
ske7ch wrote:
As we celebrate 15 years of Halo today it felt like a great time to roll out a few changes to the Waypoint forums as we continue to work on creating a platform for our community to engage in a positive and constructive way.

To that end the team has made a few adjustments to the forums that I want to bring to your attention:

1. Featured Topics - From now on these topics will be manually curated by the team to allow us to highlight on-topic and constructive topics and prevent 'snowballing' by members. We will monitor and evaluate forum threads to tag as "featured" as appropriate.

2. Polls - To allow for better conversation in topics we have once again made it so Polls are exclusive to the Polls Discussion Forum. The forum exists for a reason, now it's very clear and easy to conduct polls and have focused discussions.

3. Rules & Guidelines - And finally, to continue to build on a foundation for fostering positive and constructive engagement we've updated the forum rules to be both simpler and a bit stricter with regards to certain aspects. The goal here is to make it easier to understand what is and isn't acceptable behavior and also help our team and moderators have a more clear cut path towards responding when warranted. Ultimately I hope everyone is friendly, mature and constructive but this being the internet, we know that's not always the case. You can find the full updated new Rules & Guidelines HERE. (and pinned within each forum)

We will continue to engage with our fans here on Waypoint and as always I welcome your suggestions, ideas and feedback to help us continue to foster a great Halo community.
the manually featured topics is very boring the forums used to be a place to discuss topics on the daily, now its the same boring stuff day after day. While I see its value and understand the reasons it was done I personally think the cons outweigh the pros.
This isn't quite a way to improve the halo waypoint forums, but I would like to have a discussion with anyone who might be willing to lend some form of an opinion on ideas I have that are more or less improving of halo waypoint Spartan companies page in a visual manner.
This forum really needs a preview post option. I'm a member of numerous forums and this is the only one that I've noticed which doesn't have that option.

I know I've had messed up posts all the time, and I end up having to go back to change it and sometimes it will get quoted before I had the chance to make the changes which is annoying. It's nice to be able to preview something especially when posting links to know that it's good to go.
I like what Halo waypoint has become in the recent years, I remember how horrible it was back when it first started where data getting mixed up and general confusion were predominant. Now we are organized and connected and can with ease of access share content and opinions with the community freely.

I just wish we had more support for xbox users as we still aren't getting the full waypoint experience and there are some bugs and glitches that are preventing us from taking advantage of 343's full custom options. So a nice update would be appreciated soon.
Whoever added in unread/read link colors for topics, profiles and post links, you are eternally in my thanks. That's another check I can cross off my list :D
Another thing to add is why are topics left open, for people to comment in. This is a problem especially if the thread is numerous years old. I think after a while it would be best to lock topics which don't get commented on, maybe put a disclaimer at the bottom saying:-

'this thread has been locked due to inactivity, if you have any posts to make surrounding the topic feel free to start a new thread, provided one isn't currently active. Thank you.'
Another thing to add is why are topics left open, for people to comment in. This is a problem especially if the thread is numerous years old. I think after a while it would be best to lock topics which don't get commented on, maybe put a disclaimer at the bottom saying:-

'this thread has been locked due to inactivity, if you have any posts to make surrounding the topic feel free to start a new thread, provided one isn't currently active. Thank you.'
Because, as we've mentioned before, things aren't as black and white as you're making them out to be. Do you know how long it would take us to lock every old thread? Not to mention, if we locked threads whenever the question/OP was answered, then we'd basically be shutting down any and all discussion and what would even be the point?

If you see someone revive an old thread, as we have told you multiple times in the past, please report the necro and let us review it. Sometimes the thread can stay open, other times we'll just post and tell the OP to find a newer thread or post their own. That's part of our responsibility.

The only way that this system would work is if there is something that detects if a thread do get old automatically and locks it.
In regard to those who make alternative accounts, why are they not discharged. I have never seen any member which has been discharged. If they are banned surely they have no purpose here on waypoint, and were only created as a work around, so once banned are dead accounts.
In regard to those who make alternative accounts, why are they not discharged. I have never seen any member which has been discharged. If they are banned surely they have no purpose here on waypoint, and were only created as a work around, so once banned are dead accounts.
I don't know why there is no clear way to see who is banned on the forums or not. I think a perma banned used should be detected much more easily on the forums. There is nothing that says if user A is forum banned or not when you search on the forums. Maybe there forum rank should change to red letters written as "BANNED" and the image should change. There forum signature should also be changed in my opinion so you can see if the user has a temporary or permanent ban with red letters instead of nothing.
I don't know why there is no clear way to see who is banned on the forums or not. I think a perma banned used should be detected much more easily on the forums. There is nothing that says if user A is forum banned or not when you search on the forums. Maybe there forum rank should change to red letters written as "BANNED" and the image should change. There forum signature should also be changed in my opinion so you can see if the user has a temporary or permanent ban with red letters instead of nothing.
Look at the very last rank you can get. If people are permanently banned, why aren't they given this rank.
Look at the very last rank you can get. If people are permanently banned, why aren't they given this rank.
It may have been changed. A permanent is ban is currently a ban to a certain date in 2552. It's a bit tricky to find some perma banned (in theory long temporary ban) users as a good example of official ban duration.
It may have been changed. A permanent is ban is currently a ban to a certain date in 2552. It's a bit tricky to find some perma banned (in theory long temporary ban) users as a good example of official ban duration.
If it's not used anymore the rank page needs to be updated then, something I mentioned further back in this thread.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 15