Forums / Community / General Discussion

Loot Crate Discussion/Reaction

OP Magnyss

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
So, Loot Crates are arriving. I received mine today, and another of my Company got his yesterday. We both concurred that we were happy with our Loot, and felt it was 'worth the money.'
What's your experience? Feel free to comment on your unboxing experience, but NO SPOILERS, please, at least until 1 Sept. By then everyone's should have arrived. Also, I believe forum rules disallow any trading or selling.
What level subscriber are you, and do you feel it was worth your cash? Merchandising, especially exclusives, can be a tricky gamble, and Loot Crate has a pretty mixed reception.
For my part, the mix of items felt like a pretty fun way to kick it off.

EDIT: As it is now past 1 September, all Loot Crates are delivered and all Fireteam Apollo members have reported to UNSC Infinity (INF-101) for duty, all REDACTIONS have been REDACTED, and all Loot is fair game for discussion!
Enjoy!
I'm just gonna say at first it didn't seem worth it, but then I read a few things and it instantly became worth it
I'm just gonna say at first it didn't seem worth it, but then I read a few things and it instantly became worth it
Agreed. At least for this Loot Crate, it seems they are setting the bar high with the goods. I like how it feels like a series; in each one we'll be getting more exclusives that are linked to each other.
Really happy with the goodies inside and felt it was definitely worth the money, and I cant wait for the next one! Though I'm still curious who is gonna win the mythic.
Opened mine with kids.....a lot of fun...good mix with a little bit for everyone...even wife, who is not the gamer type, got into it. I look forward to a years worth of openings! Recommend to anyone in for some exclusive items and some laugh at yourself fun.
Really happy with the goodies inside and felt it was definitely worth the money, and I cant wait for the next one! Though I'm still curious who is gonna win the mythic.
Me too....will they open it or sell it on e-bay is the big question?
I hope they don't but if they do I'll bid on it haha
Can't wait to get my lootcrate!
I think I subscribed for the low bi-monthly one because when I tried for the legendary 12 month one my credit card kept flagging it as an identity fraud kinda thing. I hope that doesn't affect the chances of getting the Mythic crate.
I hope they don't but if they do I'll bid on it haha
Lol....sadly...me too!
I think I subscribed for the low bi-monthly one because when I tried for the legendary 12 month one my credit card kept flagging it as an identity fraud kinda thing. I hope that doesn't affect the chances of getting the Mythic crate.
Literally got my Lootcrate 5 minutes after I said this, the 343i unicorn jesus has bestowed me thy blessings.
I was hoping it would be me. Weren't we all? That's a killer helmet.
Lord...yeah. I dunno, I'm a collector, but I OPEN my Hotwheels...I feel like stuff should be allowed to live its life instead of being trapped in a blister forever.
Literally got my Lootcrate 5 minutes after I said this, the 343i unicorn jesus has bestowed me thy blessings.
FOTUS is lookin' out for you, sir!
It was not available for Singapore:(
I watched Ducain23's opening and it was awesome.
JohannDB wrote:
It was not available for Singapore:(
Whhhaaaaaatt....Foul!
Not cool. I didn't know the Loot Crate would be limited internationally. We gotta figure out some way to hook you up.

The merchandise is one thing, but the data drop and Initiation Vol.1 are really the gems. So much good info.
This is the first Loot Crate I've ever gotten, and as I told my friends when I opened it, whoever came up with this idea is a genius and also probably a millionaire.

I mean let's be honest, cram a bunch of piddly cheap junk (albeit cool) into one box, and massively upcharge it.

All in all, I'm glad I forgot what I paid - because the mental addition of what everything cost to produce in it vs. what I paid might be depressing.

I'm putting the contents under the spoiler tag below, so don't read it if you don't want to know what's in it. Kind of hard to discuss it without saying what you got.

Spoiler:
Show
I received mine today, I couldn't be happier. Sure wish I would have been the lucky sucker that got that Mythic box! My only regret is I'm too fat for the hoodie. Loving it so far!
Lolz, bro...I am also enjoying very much my [REDACTED CLOTHING ITEM]. I was making odd faces, though, and my wife was like, "Is it too fitted for your taste?" I go for 'roomy.' But it's quite visually pleasing.
i didnt like the hoodie at first, but then i put it on and throught out the day i fell in love with it. I also really like that only we get to have the emblem, i hope in the future we get armor that no one else gets.

So far i like the halo crate
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3