Ever since the Halo franchise was taken over by 343industries, the 'hardcore' fans have been in somewhat of a frenzy? Blaming Microsoft and it's greed, 343i and it's incompetence and Bungie and it's tenacity to make Halo 1 - Reach "soooooooo amazing" in comparison. So I'd just like to point out 343i has done some pretty great things.

Chief never needed to be in the game for it to be Halo, he may be the face of the franchise but he is still merely a character - Don't get me wrong though, I always want the Chief! Just people saying what they want as if it's need is getting a bit tiresome. "Make Halo Great Again" and "Make Halo 6=3" are the the biggest wishlists turned into a demand list. These developers have worked on the game for at least 3 years and know why things were done in the way they were, let them create there passion.

Looking at within the Halo franchise, Halo 1-3 is regarded with Nostalgia Glasses. So I'd figure I'd make a list of things Halo 5 did right - something different for a change.
Forge - Oh my Ghandi. Forge is as close as most gamer's are going to get to a actual game creation software(Along the lines of Unity3D and Unreal Engine). The object rotations, 'programming' (In it's simplest form) and things like textures automatically tying itself and moving on the terrains. Not too mention it's coming to PC soon.

Multiplayer - Literally the best multiplayer (in terms of gameplay) since Halo 2. Complainingg about sprint as much as you want but all of the Spartan Abilities aren't a necessary change but a nice change. People complain about Halo copying COD and Titanfall and how it is no long unique. Saying that it isn't unique is the silliest response, does it matter if it's unique, it matters if it is good from a games perspective. Halo 4's class system felt like a mistake to me and was off brand but ever since Halo 3 (Which was from Bungie), Halo was trying to move more into abilities, so to me Halo 5 fits right in.

Campaign - The base idea that is there for Halo 5 of the idea of chief betraying mankind for Cortana, only to find out he was misunderstood fighting for mankind. The end of the campaign was disappointing as it was obviously a cliffhanger but Halo 2 did the same! Both focused on Cortana - Halo 2 she was captured buy Gravemind and now she essentially controls Earth!

It can't be a 'Halo forum Post' without ranting!
UI - My favorite menu UI is Halo: Reaches, I loved waiting for a game and seeing everyone's armor and stats or having an in-game File Share, good days.

Multiplayer - More maps would be great. More gamemode's (Races and casual gamemode's)100% my only gripe. If I had a wishlist it would be to be able to vote for file share maps to be in multiplayer (if approved my a community manager).

Splitscreen - Not that I personally care but I really just want people to stop complaining it and there have been 3 disappointing time when I had a friend over who wanted to play.

Armor - I don't mind the armor but it'd be great if we can change the individual parts like in Halo: Reach. Enough said.

The Lore - 343i have this weird thing where everything has to fit in with the lore and personally I think it's limiting the creativity of what different designers can do. The maps, armor, names and even UI has to fit in with the lore! The campaign referenced the lore from other parts of the Halo Franchise (Books and movies), I know it's frowned upon but it needed exposition in some form.

Campaign - I thought the base story for the campaign was good but it was short and skipped or fast forwarded past parts that could've been a huge set piece. I guess take a way some of the missions involving vehicles or increase the AI difficulty.

Ranting about the threads
I'm not targeting any particular post or poster but please just think about this.

Artstyle - The art style isn't bad, I feel like certain people just don't like it. 343i focus on graphics and details a lot more than Bungie did with Classic Halo (They've definitely changed with Destiny).

Spartan Abilities - Halo needed the jump, it feels right and believe it or not it somewhat fits in with the lore or concept of Super Soldiers. I do believe the maps have to be styled differently to accommodate from sprinting which can somewhat be disappointing.

Nostalgia Goggles - You guys played Halo: MCC right? Surely after playing Halo 1 - 3, Halo 4 didn't seem as bad as you thought? All the games are great, but Halo 1 - 3 is not gods gift to mankind. I found so many parts boring and not enjoyable.

Microsoft - Microsoft is a game publisher, not a movie studio. They don't jump into the game and tell them to do this and that, the publisher will just set deadlines and budgets. Unlike film studios or games with a license ran by a film studio like Star Wars, game developers call the shots. Micro transactions would've been a higher up decision at 343i, that money went into development for free content FOR YOU and prize pools and it looks great to Microsoft to greenlight future Halo projects or set higher budgets.

Honestly I just wish people wouldn't be so hostile towards people who love Halo 5 and the changes from 343i or 343i themselves. Constructive criticism not demands. Please and thanks. Just let 343i do what they do best and make a game. Don't like it? Make a constructive post or play another game if you really need to.
Totally Agree
These are the posts I like to see. There's enough hate on the forums, through the community, and in the game. You can look through my post history; I try to spread these kind of posts and middle ground ideals to everyone, because the hate is kinda tearing this community apart. Halo is my favorite game. I've played it since I was 4, when it came out in 2001. It means a lot to me; I've seen it bring people together from everywhere...but seeing this? It's heart breaking. So thank you.
ZadusHalo wrote:
These are the posts I like to see. There's enough hate on the forums, through the community, and in the game. You can look through my post history; I try to spread these kind of posts and middle ground ideals to everyone, because the hate is kinda tearing this community apart. Halo is my favorite game. I've played it since I was 4, when it came out in 2001. It means a lot to me; I've seen it bring people together from everywhere...but seeing this? It's heart breaking. So thank you.
I just don't get why there is so much hate
Halo 5's forge is the best part of the game. With all the negativity around the game (some of which is well-deserved, some of which is not), I'm worried that they will do what they did with Halo 4 and abandon everything that game did, good and bad.
Waypoint is just one big echo chamber isn't it. STOP HATING, STOP BEING A FAN BOI, STOP RANTING, THIS POST IS POINTLESS, HALO 5 IZ AWSUM, 343 SUCKS
Sigh, well, Bungie.net it is.
Waypoint is just one big echo chamber isn't it. STOP HATING, STOP BEING A FAN BOI, STOP RANTING, THIS POST IS POINTLESS, HALO 5 IZ AWSUM, 343 SUCKS
I find it hard to take this comment seriously considering it's coming from an account that's never played Halo. Possibly alternate account?
Says the guy with a fake account whose sole purpose is to stirr up s*** (your current trending post proves that).
To the top you go OP!

We need more reasonable people like you around here.
LOL K.
I just said my opinion on what I liked and disliked about the recent Halo installments and the online community as of recent. You do you though, have fun with bungie.net
KLforce wrote:
Halo 5's forge is the best part of the game. With all the negativity around the game (some of which is well-deserved, some of which is not), I'm worried that they will do what they did with Halo 4 and abandon everything that game did, good and bad.
I'd be happy with Halo 5's multiplayer, Halo 1-4's campaigns and Reaches amount of maps and it's community (It felt the least hostile to me :') )