Skip to main content

Forums / Community / General Discussion

Marty O'Donnell is Hyping Halo

OP ShadowSlasher10

Throughout the past 6 months Marty O'Donnell; the composer of the original Halo games has been involving himself in so much Halo content on Youtube
that it makes me wonder why isn't he involved in Halo Infinite?

Clearly this man misses working on Halo, even though he's freelance and has his own company, Marty really wants to get involved in Halo again.
Whatever reason Microsoft has to not hire Marty: swallow your pride and give him some role in 343 for the time being. Marty has still been remained in the
minds of Halo fans since Halo started.

Marty O'Donnell involving himself in the community is getting me excited for Halo Infinite. I know there's lot of complications with Halo currently but can Marty please get involved, the fans would certainly want this. The music is great with those soundtracks on Youtube, and it would get better if Marty had some input. The mans been through a lot for the past decade and it would be great if you do this.
It's nice to see him interact with the Halo community, the recent IGN video he was in reacting to a CE speedrun with other legacy Halo devs was amazing, I only recently found out Marty been posting Halo related stuff onto YouTube, he made a pretty cool video about the IWHBYD skull
Marty has his own company though. I don't think he's lacking for work especially considering he is universally loved. I think it's him simply having some fun with YouTube. Most people know him as the Halo music guy and no doubt he enjoyed his time at Bungie working on Halo, so it makes sense for him to post Halo content. But, doesn't mean he wouldn't enjoy working on Halo again, of course.
I watched his interview with HiddenXperia... sounds to me like he'd be happy to work on Infinite, but 343 hasn't reached out to him about it. In the interview, it seemed like there was more he wanted to say, but didn't want to get into it. Like he's reached out to 343, but they aren't reciprocating.

Idk, it seems weird that he's excited about getting back into Halo, but the people making Halo seem utterly disinterested in getting him back into Halo... I could be totally misreading this and the reason could be that Marty is asking for too fat of a paycheck or something like that. Just from the outsider's perspective, it looks like Marty's knocking on the door and 343 isn't answering.
I watched his interview with HiddenXperia... sounds to me like he'd be happy to work on Infinite, but 343 hasn't reached out to him about it. In the interview, it seemed like there was more he wanted to say, but didn't want to get into it. Like he's reached out to 343, but they aren't reciprocating.

Idk, it seems weird that he's excited about getting back into Halo, but the people making Halo seem utterly disinterested in getting him back into Halo... I could be totally misreading this and the reason could be that Marty is asking for too fat of a paycheck or something like that. Just from the outsider's perspective, it looks like Marty's knocking on the door and 343 isn't answering.
To be honest, I think many who worked on Halo: Combat Evolved to Halo: Reach just needed a break that Microsoft weren't giving them. Now that they have had time apart, the original band want to get back together but the newer members aren't allowing it. That's what it seems like.

To be honest, I think many who worked on Halo: Combat Evolved to Halo: Reach just needed a break that Microsoft weren't giving them. Now that they have had time apart, the original band want to get back together but the newer members aren't allowing it. That's what it seems like.
I could see that being the case. I have no specific knowledge that would provide any legitimacy to my assumptions, mind you. I'm just saying that it feels like 343 doesn't want Marty involved for some reason. If I'm wrong, I wouldn't be surprised. But if I'm right, I wouldn't be surprised either.
You can tell he genuinely loves Halo still, making content to this day. I don't think anything will happen right now, but man wouldn't it be cool if 343i reached out to Marty in the future and made Joseph Staten a permanent addition instead of the temp position he currently has. Marty wasn't just a composer either, he would be able to help with many aspects of the game. Wonder if he would actually do it if they asked.
I don't see him coming back but would like to for all the above reasons and more.
You can tell he genuinely loves Halo still, making content to this day. I don't think anything will happen right now, but man wouldn't it be cool if 343i reached out to Marty in the future and made Joseph Staten a permanent addition instead of the temp position he currently has. Marty wasn't just a composer either, he would be able to help with many aspects of the game. Wonder if he would actually do it if they asked.
Pass. I will take Michael Salvatori, though
Ka Five wrote:
What is he doing these days?
Ka Five wrote:
While I'd also love to have Michael Salvatori back in the studio, what is your compunction with Marty O'Donnell possibly returning? I'm genuinely curious because I haven't heard much in the way of him being a negative aspect of Halo, so I'd be very interested to hear someone who says otherwise.
I miss Marty and his work on Halo.
We all do dude.....we all do...
Sure he’s hyping Halo. He’s tryna earn money.
Honestly I'd love to see Marty return. I'm not getting my hopes up, but it'd be great to see.