Forums / Community / General Discussion

Micro-transactions in halo 6?

OP Graz34

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Now we all know that halo 5 is all about the gold packs silver packs and special packs that come out like every month. But the halo community doesn't really agree with the micro-transactions in halo 5. We all know that 343 is owned by Microsoft. Microsoft is looking for new ways to gain more revenue. and Micro-transactions is one of their ways to gain money. There's also one thing that the halo community doesn't agree with and that's the randomized REQ system. It took me an entire year To collect every single REQ in halo 5. as in halo reach where i can just purchase an Item for a certain amount. So here's the question, will 343 bring back the REQ system and Micro-transaction's in Halo 6 and continuing. My guess is YES because I said before Microsoft is looking for MORE revenue. So what do you think, will they bring back The REQ system in Halo 6 or will they make us happy and Change too the old REACH system where you can purchase an Item for a certain amount of XP. Leave a comment down below what you think.
Of course they're going to bring back the REQ system. Why wouldn't they? Look how much money they made off of it. They can make so much more money with so much less work compared to DLC

Not like Halo Reach's system was any better. It was too easy to get armor. Within a month of playtime you can unlock 95% of armor in the game, except for the Haunted Helmet.

People complain that there's no achievement for getting armor in Halo 5, but there's even less achievement for getting armor in Halo Reach. It was so easy to get credits that Bungie had to put a cap on how much you can earn per day, just so people don't buy everything so quickly.

And even then that didn't work. Gruntpocalpse quickly maxed you out, Custom Challenges made credits a non-issue with the Campaign mission.
I choose neither. H5's is too random and Reach's requires so much money. Plus, both can be abused by leaving the Xbox on overnight with a weighted object on the controller, forcing your guy to spin in a circle to infinity so it never turns off. Or at least Reach's could. Either way, I prefer a list of different objectives for each armor part, like in H3-4. That way, people know you earned it.
Honestly it's hard to say. As one of the Halo YouTubers has mentioned, the release of Halo 5 was one that established an unpredictable behavior from 343i. This is not a negative annotation as much as it's just the truth Halo 5 has revealed. Halo 4 had Spartan Ops and armor unlocks through accomplishments. Both of which are no longer present in Halo 5. It's no secret the team behind Halo 4 changed between games and 343 altered the story of this saga based on community feedback. With that in mind, Halo 5 was sort of a mess. Halo 6, without a doubt will be better focused on things the community has spoken of. I believe this will result in a tier system for armor. Much like in the MMO, Star Wars: The Old Republic. The armor will range from sets you have to earn via achievements, commendations and ranking up to sets you can only get through opening packs. Maybe the ones you get in packs will only be different variations of the armor that you can already earn. Ideally, this is the system I would like to see in Halo 6. Combine the armor unlock methods from Halo 4 and 5 and keep everyone, for the most part, content.
After all, when it comes to micro-transactions, armor is the most desired component. As for the weapons and vehicles that are called on in Warzone, I think 343 should establish a game mode of warzone that restricts the players to classes. Each class focuses on different elements of the Halo gameplay and follows a leveling system akin to MOBA. Each game, you have to level up and earn your rewards. As the game nears the end, people should be calling in their heavy artillery. Each class can be different because you can have one focused on earning different anti-infantry weapons and anti-infantry vehicles like SAWs and Warthogs. Another class can focus on heavy artillery and your rewards can earn you Scorpions and SPNKRs. And so forth. This way, no micro-transactions are required for this game mode. To balance this, 343 can keep the classic warzone model and still use micro-transactions to call on in game as a different playlist.
If they do, make it more enticing to play the game rather than to pay the game.

That's my compromise. The helmet pack is a step in the right direction if you ask me.
Im fine with the req system its unintrusive on the core experience of arena which i predominantly play, there just needs to be more rewards for hitting milestones, completing achivements and commendations.
I'm good with it.
I want them to bring it back but modify it. Make it like reach where stuff costs X req points to just get or you have the option to spend X reqs for a pack at a chance for a couple random, possibly legendary, pieces.
IMO, armor sets should obtained by a healthy ratio of earning, buying, and packs for Halo 6. Base weapon and vehicle certifications should be given as you go through the first handful of levels while there are restock and the current packs.
For Microtransactions to work, the REQ system should still be the core way of acquiring items, especially if Warzone returns. But you should still be able to save up RP to unlock specific pieces of armor, emblems, skins or even non-permanent items.
Obviously permament unlocks require more RP and the price increases along side rarity.
Yet, you should still be getting daily login packs and free silver and gold packs just through playing so you can keep up in Warzone if you are saving up RP.

This is my optimal idea between Capitalism and Players. It's like a mix between Reach and 5.
I'd rather they don't reintroduce Microtransactions. Leave them out. We're already paying a ton of money for your games. If you want to introduce Microtransactions then fine, but make the game free. Free-To-Play games that charge Full-price upfront are the worst.

It was "okay" in Halo 5, since you could earn a lot of packs just by playing, but we all know how the industry works. In halo 6 you'll get half that, in 7 even less, untill you will earn one pack a week playing and the rest you need to pay for. That's not what anyone wants.

If you absolutely MUST reintroduce Microtransactions then at least make it more worthwhile than Halo 5's, or add some way to work towards specific things you really want, instead of having everything be pure chance.

But yeah, since it seems to have been a success in Halo 5, i'd bet everything on that they bring it back. Why respect your players if you can make them pay multiple times for the same thing?

Also, just to make that clear, i don't hate the REQ-System. Warzone is one of my favorite Halo gamemodes and i rather like that you can spend points to get powerups or vehicles or better weapons mid-game, and i even like the trading-card aspect of the requisitions. Really, i just think you should earn more of them in-game and not be able to buy them. That just turns Halo into a Pay-2-Win game. The one who has enough money to buy all the gold-packs gets all the good weapons and vehicles, while normal players have to be carefull when to use them. For my personal perfect Halo 6, keep the REQ-System for the Warzones, but take cuztomization options out of that and make them solely earned ingame. Armors should function like they did in Reach. I loved that system, and i really, really liked that it showed up anywhere you player. Multiplayer, Campaign, all your personal Spartan. That was awesome.
I remember when you had to actually accomplish certain things for your armors in Halo.

Remember helping friends (or being helped by friends) to get all the skulls and terminals in Halo 3?

I haven't been into Halo since Reach, and the best in the series is still Halo 3 because it actually had a true skill matchmaking that you could SEE in game, compare the rank with your friends, and feel good about what you earned. Not these stupid hidden ratings to appeal to snowflakes who don't want to feel less than. That's what social matchmaking was for. No ratings, no pressure. I have no issue with either type of player. But don't hide ratings!

343 needs to stop pandering to the mainstream gamers with the microtransactions, the easier campaigns, the millions of armors that don't mean anything at all because there are too many of them and they don't require work, and the damn power weapon timers, casual-only matchmaking, etc.

I hope I can come back to the series and play thousands of hours of Halo 6 like I did with Halo 3.
Graz34 wrote:
But the halo community doesn't really agree with the micro-transactions in halo 5.
I don't think this statement is true, because Halo 5's microtransactions were relatively non-intrusive, themselves. Meaning, you could ignore them and still fully enjoy the game. Also the community can't agree on anything.
Graz34 wrote:
So here's the question, will 343 bring back the REQ system and Micro-transaction's in Halo 6 and continuing.
How likely they are to bring back the req system is a different question than whether they should, and I think we should be asking ourselves that, instead. I'm going to emphatically say no, because the "rich get richer" idea of grinding RP to unlock powerful weapons and vehicles to outgun people who have spent less time grinding RP is bad in principle, and extremely unfriendly to new players trying to get into Halo.

This is not even addressing the issue of microtransactions. I don't dislike the req system because of its microtransactions, which were mostly non-intrusive. But I think 343 can find a way to add microtransactions in Halo 6 without reviving the awful req system, and also without making them intrusive. That is very possible and it would be the best thing for them to do, because if Warzone comes back (especially at the expense of BTB, as it seems to have done in Halo 5), then Halo 6 will probably lose a lot of its new population very quickly. I think someone named J Teeps had a good idea for how 343 could do microtransactions without being intrusive and without the req system, and I strongly hope they take it into consideration.
EON Cypher wrote:
343 needs to stop pandering to the mainstream gamers with the microtransactions
I don't think they added microtransactions for that reason...
I don't think the req system is near as bad say or try to make it seem. It's better than population dividing map packs. The main problem with the req system is they left pretty much nothing to be earned. They should have had way more cosmetics earned through game play. There was no reason not to either considering how bloated the req system is with cosmetics. Also what should have happened is once you got a weapon certification, say the fuel rod for example. You should have had to gotten a certain amount of kills or to certain commendation level to unlock the next level of the weapon. Also maybe they should have had it so the packs give you at least one weapon, vehicle, cosmetic, unlock in each pack rather than the complete random draw as it is now. Had they done stuff like that the req system would have been much more accepted than hated.
LethalQ wrote:
Also what should have happened is once you got a weapon certification, say the fuel rod for example. You should have had to gotten a certain amount of kills or to certain commendation level to unlock the next level of the weapon.
But what about the people who only play firefight, and have no interest in PvP Warzone? If you couldn't get those kills or commendations from AI enemies, then we'd all be stuck at the base level of everything
Do not post inappropriate comments.

Spoiler:
Show
LethalQ wrote:
Also what should have happened is once you got a weapon certification, say the fuel rod for example. You should have had to gotten a certain amount of kills or to certain commendation level to unlock the next level of the weapon.
But what about the people who only play firefight, and have no interest in PvP Warzone? If you couldn't get those kills or commendations from AI enemies, then we'd all be stuck at the base level of everything
They could tie in some sort of AI that counts as kills with it, maybe killing AIs that are elite/knight level and above.
Probably
Im fine with microtransactions so long as one, it doesn't affect gameplay or give you twenty nornfangs im fine with people paying money for helmets or armor but you should also be able to save up req points and buy the pack too
LethalQ wrote:
I don't think the req system is near as bad say or try to make it seem. It's better than population dividing map packs. The main problem with the req system is they left pretty much nothing to be earned. They should have had way more cosmetics earned through game play. There was no reason not to either considering how bloated the req system is with cosmetics. Also what should have happened is once you got a weapon certification, say the fuel rod for example. You should have had to gotten a certain amount of kills or to certain commendation level to unlock the next level of the weapon. Also maybe they should have had it so the packs give you at least one weapon, vehicle, cosmetic, unlock in each pack rather than the complete random draw as it is now. Had they done stuff like that the req system would have been much more accepted than hated.
That's debatable,I would take dev made maps over cosmetics that don't really make a difference
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3