[Locked] My top 5 Unpopular opinions

OP TECH PON3

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
Since the halo community some times feels like it has the same opinions I want to share the top 5 of my very unpopular opinions. I know this will end badly but it's different and my opinions.

1. Halo 4 is my favorite halo game (MP is 50/50)
2. I like the Halo 4/5 elite design but also I like the classic elites
3. Some armor redisgns from Halo 4 are better then their 3/reach counter parts
4. I find H2A MP more enjoyable then 3s
5. Reach isn't the best halo game
Oooh, these are fun. ( ^_^)

1. Halo 4 is also my favorite Halo game (story only).
2. Halo 5 has my favorite multiplayer of all time (as of this date).
3. Locke should have been a woman.*
4. Halo 3's portrayal of Cortana makes me cringe and feel very uncomfortable.
5. Halo 4 has my favorite under-armor for Spartans.

*actually, no, I like Locke the way he is. But I still think the main character of Halo 5 should have been a woman.
Number five really isn't an unpopular opinion by any stretch of the imagination.

For me, it'd be something along the lines of:
1. I liked Halo 4's maps.

And then the rest are empty because I generally agree with a lot of the complaints.
I'll raise you: this is where the fun begins
1) Halo 5's story was good. Definitely needed some improvements but I think it's on par with the rest of the franchise, especially if Infinite can capitalize on the potential 5 set up.
2) I don't have an art style preference. I don't see much more difference in 4/5 than I do in say CE vs. Reach.
3) Halo 4 has one of the best stories in the franchise (easily top 3 and maybe my favorite). Multiplayer isn't bad either
4) Halo 3 multiplayer is the worst in the franchise.
5) I like Halo 5's mechanics. They could use some tweaking (*cough* spartan charge *cough*) but overall I would like them to remain in the franchise.
  1. All the halo games are fun and good for the most part.
  2. People would enjoy themselves more if the focused on the good stuff and not the minor things they don't like.
  3. Objective game types are more fun for me than slayer.
  4. Campaign is the most important part of a halo game, followed by customs, followed by a pve experience, followed by multiplayer
  5. The most important thing is fun.
I agree with #4. It's strange to me that the general favourite seems to be H3 when that game is basically H2 but with random spread and equipment.
In no particular order:
  1. Rank doesn't matter.
  2. Sprint isn't that big of a deal.
  3. Playable Elites aren't necessary.
  4. Artistic changes of Elites between Bungie and 343i aren't that big of a deal.
  5. The Flood was better before it was related to the Precursors (also the whole idea of the Precursors is silly).
I. Halo 5 is worst Halo game; campaign, multiplayer, and all.
2. Halo Reach and 4 are very good games.
3. Halo 3 is the best Halo game.
4. Halo CE multiplayer is bad.
5. Halo 2 classic multiplayer is better than Halo 2 anniversary multiplayer.
1) Halo is a dying franchise, and I believe it will die.
2) I really like Spartan Abilities
3) I like Halo 5: Guardians
4) The halo EU stories and lore passed the book Halo: Silentium is extremely mediocre and terribly written (or worse), and should be removed from canon.
5) I do not mind Spartan Locke's character in Halo 5: Guardians
Chimera30 wrote:
In no particular order:
  1. Rank doesn't matter.
  2. Sprint isn't that big of a deal.
  3. Playable Elites aren't necessary.
  4. Artistic changes of Elites between Bungie and 343i aren't that big of a deal.
  5. The Flood was better before it was related to the Precursors (also the whole idea of the Precursors is silly).
I REALLY agree with that last point, even though I LOVED the forerunner books!
Yikes! some of these are pretty controversial! lol
But that's what makes reading them fun. It's neat seeing how different everyone is with their Halo experience.
( ^_^)
1. Halo 3 is competitive garbage. (I had eight 50s in the game including MLG)
2. Halo 5 and Halo 2 are the best multiplayer games.
3. Halo: Reach isn't nearly as good as a lot of people these days claim, at least when compared to other Halo games.
4. Sprint was added as a gimmick and for no other legitimate reason.
5. 343's Halo games are better than Bungie's in terms of story.
1. Those who complain that Halo 4 "COD-ified" the series are just whiny -Yoinks!-.
2. The darker character of Halo 4's storyline is actually a perfect continuation of the original series.
3. Halo Wars and RTS on consoles are awesome.
4. A human vs human Halo game (Insurrection, Interplanetary War, etc.) would be more interesting than just another human vs alien game.
5. Forerunners are in no way a noble race worthy of carrying the Mantle. Seriously, -Yoink- them all: https://www.halopedia.org/Forerunner-Precursor_war
I agree with 4 and 5. I still love Halo 3 multiplayer but the gunplay is better in Halo 2A. And yea Halo Reach is so overrated, more so in the multiplayer aspect than campaign.
No particular order past the first:

1. Halo 3 is garbage.
  2. Sprint is fine
  3. Playable Elites are pointless and serve no purpose
  4. DMR is the worst thing Reach introduced
  5. People focus too much on a rank vs playing games
Halo 3's movement was unbearable.
1. Halo Wars 2 does not have a good campaign
2. I like Halo 4's soundtrack
3. Halo 2's campaign is the weakest out of all the Bungie Halo games (I still like it though)
4. Some of 343's artstyle is actually really cool, such as the Halo 5 Banshee design and some of the environments on Requiem
5. Halo 3 is NOT overrated (Couldn't think of a 5th, but that seems to be a common opinion these days lol)
no order to my list
  1. I like fireteam osiris other than tanaka
  2. req system is a good idea, just needs some adjustments
  3. as a classic halo fan, reverting completely back to the old formula is a bad idea
  4. K/D ratio doesn't matter. if you get a lot of kills who cares how many times you died
  5. whispered truth is a hundred times better than the ce pistol
4. Halo 3's portrayal of Cortana makes me cringe and feel very uncomfortable.
understandable. her getting in the way while you're trying to play the game was just plain annoying.
  1. All the halo games are fun and good for the most part.
  2. People would enjoy themselves more if the focused on the good stuff and not the minor things they don't like.
  3. Objective game types are more fun for me than slayer.
  4. Campaign is the most important part of a halo game, followed by customs, followed by a pve experience, followed by multiplayer
  5. The most important thing is fun.
highly agree with all of these but I still like getting points for kills. which is why warzone is so great, you got objectives and killing people helps you win
I. Halo 5 is worst Halo game; campaign, multiplayer, and all.
3. Halo 3 is the best Halo game.
not really that unpopular
3. Halo 2's campaign is the weakest out of all the Bungie Halo games (I still like it though)
I feel attacked
1. Spartan Abilities don't belong in Halo.
2. Halo 3 isn't the best Halo game.
3. KD isn't a great indication of skill.
4. The mainline Halo games shouldn't try to be too serious.
5. Halo CE had a really good multiplayer.
My top unpopular opinions:

1. Unpopular opinion threads usually attract opinions that aren't actually all that unpopular.

2. The actual popularity or unpopularity of opinions shared in "unpopular opinion" spaces is irrelevant; the spaces are valuable less for encouraging "unpopular" opinions and more for their ability to make users feel safer in expressing their opinions. Users who perceive their opinions as more contentious than they actually are, and who see this not as some nerdbro badge of pride but instead as fodder for arguments they'd rather avoid, can use "unpopular" opinion spaces as a safer way to express themselves. As such, pointing out that "unpopular" opinions generally aren't unpopular is pointless and entirely misses the appeal of sharing them.

3. Even if Halo 5's campaign is bad, it's not bad in any way that actually indicates a lack of talent, artistic or otherwise, on the part of the people who worked on it. "The campaign sucks" and "343i should be proud of the campaign" are not contradictory or unreasonable views.

4. As of the last time I tried using it, Halo 5's Forge scripting system was literally less intuitive than reading and interpreting raw x86 assembly (at least for specific programs). For something cobbled together from scratch, it's impressive, but it's substantially less capable and easy to use than is ideal.

5. halo 3 is the best halo game u guise, I don't know why people just don't appreciate it

6. ^ this but unironically
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5