Forums / Community / General Discussion

New Gamer Tags

OP CofC

They shortened the numbers of letters you could use and added random numbers at the end.

Now I can't be JoJo Siwa, I have to be Jojo Siwa #4341.
CofC wrote:
They shortened the numbers of letters you could use and added random numbers at the end.

The numbers aren't seen by new systems(X, PC), only older consoles(360) and some website will see the numbers. Think of it like discord, your account has numbers in it, but you only ever see your username.
Ah, sweet. Did not know that.
CofC wrote:

The numbers aren't seen by new systems(X, PC), only older consoles(360) and some website will see the numbers. Think of it like discord, your account has numbers in it, but you only ever see your username.
You sure about that? I played against someone using the new number system and I saw the numbers in-game on the scoreboard (MCC)
Enroj wrote:
CofC wrote:

You sure about that? I played against someone using the new number system and I saw the numbers in-game on the scoreboard (MCC)
No, that was a mistake. You can only see the numbers outside of the game. Either in your friends list, party, club, etc... Most of the time people's in-game name is different than out of game.
Idk if this is any consolation, or not. I have seen multiple gt's of people that in game look like this
Fartman2454
MeowPuss7090
Last Example2020
Then when you see their camercard, or whatever, it looks the same, except a # has been added before the numbers, and the # and the numbers have became like a faint font.
Fartman#2454
MeowPuss#7090
Last Example#2020
(That's how I remember seeing the stuff)
Even if there is a "#" in front displayed by your Gamercard, but sadly the number will be displayed ingame :(
I'm glad I don't have to worry about people seeing #s in my name.
if you a basic name for mcc it will show the random numbers