[Locked] New Halo Game Before Halo 6

OP TheLegendary117

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
We're barley into 2018 but early speculation has suggested that Halo 6 won't be seen until 2019. If that is indeed the case, what do you think 343 Industries could be working on? We know that they're focusing on a patch for the Master Chief Collection and obviously hard at work on Halo 6 but there's gotta be something else in the works.

I'm thinking maybe a Halo Battle Royale. The map would be The Silent Cartographer, fully mapped out for 100 Spartans to duke it out until only one is left standing. With as popular as Battle Royale and PUBG are, it would make sense to strike with the iron is hot.
Nothing says a video game company HAS to put out content every year. In fact, it is probably best that they do not, so they can focus priority on actually making Halo 6 good, and not in any way like Halo 5. Think back to the last few generations of games. We would go years between main Halo titles. Games in other series didn't always get released every year either. Think of Splinter Cell, which has years between releases. For some reason, it has become the standard in the last two years that "we need to pump out something every year" which is not a good business model as it promotes rushing.

We are way to close to E3 for a new Halo to be both announced AND released this year. If we do get another Halo game before 6, it'll be for next year at minimum.

I also wouldn't get to excited for Halo 6 to definitely come out in 2019. We haven't heard anything yet, so assume they are still working on it. I personally think it'll be 2020 before a release for 6, because they stated they wanted to break away from the 3 year development cycle after Halo 5 was a disaster.
We're barley into 2018 but early speculation has suggested that Halo 6 won't be seen until 2019. If that is indeed the case, what do you think 343 Industries could be working on? We know that they're focusing on a patch for the Master Chief Collection and obviously hard at work on Halo 6 but there's gotta be something else in the works.

I'm thinking maybe a Halo Battle Royale. The map would be The Silent Cartographer, fully mapped out for 100 Spartans to duke it out until only one is left standing. With as popular as Battle Royale and PUBG are, it would make sense to strike with the iron is hot.
There's already a thread on this same forum page with the exact idea. It's a little curious that you copied it, including the map choice instead of just staying in that thread.

Either way, this game play style wouldn't work for Halo. PUBG relies on the incredibly quick time to kill, variety of weapons and low player movement. Unless you're going to incorporate the Halo Power Weapons, it would incredibly frustrating to play a game where it takes a while to kill someone as they zip up into the air and all over the place, only to have them run away and have their shields respawn. On top of that, radar would be heavily abused. Even if you added the power weapons, there's nothing stopping someone from sniping you in the head with a sniper rifle when all you have is a plasma pistol and there is little to no cover/foliage in sight.

Lastly, there are enough games with a Battle Royale mode already. We don't need Halo also saying "Me too!". The iron has already been struck, it's no longer hot. People on Waypoint and r/halo would just complain even more that 343i is killing Halo by making it like CoD/PubG.
Nothing says a video game company HAS to put out content every year. In fact, it is probably best that they do not, so they can focus priority on actually making Halo 6 good, and not in any way like Halo 5. Think back to the last few generations of games. We would go years between main Halo titles. Games in other series didn't always get released every year either. Think of Splinter Cell, which has years between releases. For some reason, it has become the standard in the last two years that "we need to pump out something every year" which is not a good business model as it promotes rushing.

We are way to close to E3 for a new Halo to be both announced AND released this year. If we do get another Halo game before 6, it'll be for next year at minimum.

I also wouldn't get to excited for Halo 6 to definitely come out in 2019. We haven't heard anything yet, so assume they are still working on it. I personally think it'll be 2020 before a release for 6, because they stated they wanted to break away from the 3 year development cycle after Halo 5 was a disaster.
A good point. Look at Ubisoft and Assassin’s Creed. Back when they were doing yearly games they were getting lots of criticism of them all being the same, Yada yada. Then they take 2 years to make Origins and it is very well received. That extra year of dev time seemed to make a difference.
Chimera30 wrote:

A good point. Look at Ubisoft and Assassin’s Creed. Back when they were doing yearly games they were getting lots of criticism of them all being the same, Yada yada. Then they take 2 years to make Origins and it is very well received. That extra year of dev time seemed to make a difference.
It shows they are actually putting thought into the games, not taking the Call of Duty model and putting things out just to add to the quota.
Think back to the last few generations of games. We would go years between main Halo titles. Games in other series didn't always get released every year either.
This is what I was thinking. It seems to me like gamers these days get bored of their video games way too fast. Personally, I'm used to very long times between installments. Luigi's Mansion took 12 years to get a sequel, and it was still well-received. There were 8 years between Super Metroid and Metroid Prime, which was also well-received. Even Smash took 7 years between Melee and Brawl. This is just what I'm used to. So it baffles me to see people getting bored of their games so quickly and acting like 2 years is a long time to wait for a new one. I think it's totally fine if 343 takes all the time they need to make Halo 6 an awesome game.
Halo 3 Anniversary, but I doubt it.
I wouldn’t say so much of a “game” but I wouldn’t be surprised to see a H6 beta December 2018. As for that rumor of the ‘highest populated’ I would suspect a 16v16 Warzone variant in said beta.
It wouldn't surprise me if they were working on expanding that mini Halo VR game that came out awhile ago, but we'll probably just get that MCC fix.
Nalla78 wrote:
I wouldn’t say so much of a “game” but I wouldn’t be surprised to see a H6 beta December 2018. As for that rumor of the ‘highest populated’ I would suspect a 16v16 Warzone variant in said beta.
Or just 16v16 big team battle
Yes, I would much prefer that instead of Warzone
I was saying the entire time that war zone didn't really need to be a thing,they could've just made big team bigger and better and just improved upon odst firefight
Know what that actually makes sense. I kinda figured that if they did a BR mode it would just be part of H6, but come to think of it I believe every BR game out there is it's own thing whether it's completely independent as it's own entity or a stand alone mode related to an existing game like Fortnite. Not like it'd have to be a full fledged Halo game, could just be a mode with H5 assets or even earlier game assets.
Nalla78 wrote:
I could go for that!!!

Its. Not. Happening.
Nalla78 wrote:
I could go for that!!!

Its. Not. Happening.
You're most likely right. I'm not holding my breath.
Nalla78 wrote:
I could go for that!!!

Its. Not. Happening.
You're most likely right. I'm not holding my breath.
The 10 year anniversary has come and gone. We're not going to see it. Maybe for the 20th?

I feel they are working on patches possibly new maps for halo 5 and halo 6, nothing more

I feel they are working on patches possibly new maps for halo 5 and halo 6, nothing more
Halo 6 content. I'd be really surprised if they were still working on Halo 5 content
I was saying the entire time that war zone didn't really need to be a thing,they could've just made big team bigger and better and just improved upon odst firefight
This is the most logical suggestion I’ve seen about this topic. I agree completely. I’m sure the only reason warzone even exists is for micro transactions -_-.
This is the most logical suggestion I’ve seen about this topic. I agree completely. I’m sure the only reason warzone even exists is for micro transactions -_-.
The idea was cool,but it was overhyped and filled with unnecessary micro transactions
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4