Skip to main content

Forums / Community / General Discussion

[Locked] New Halo Game Before Halo 6

OP TheLegendary117

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Halo 5 - Campaign edition. Chief wakes up on Infinity and the other Halo 5 was just a dream. Now the real H5 story is played out.
Halo 5 - Campaign edition. Chief wakes up on Infinity and the other Halo 5 was just a dream. Now the real H5 story is played out.
LOL! What?!?!?
There won't likely be a halo game before halo 6, but I'm almost positive we'll see a halo VR game after halo 6 is released, which is a really smart move on 343's part (especially with the bad sales record they have), assuming they don't screw it up. A halo VR game could allow 343 to gain back some of the ground they lost. We'll have to wait and see.
Halo : Harvest

Let us go back to where the human - covenant war started. Gives a really cool campaign and firefight mode where we could play as Sgt Avery Johnson. Let us fight for Harvest!
Halo 5 - Campaign edition. Chief wakes up on Infinity and the other Halo 5 was just a dream. Now the real H5 story is played out.
LOL! What?!?!?
The H5 story is so bad, I'm hoping they try again rather than scramble to fit the rest of the story to that abomination.
Halo 5 - Campaign edition. Chief wakes up on Infinity and the other Halo 5 was just a dream. Now the real H5 story is played out.
LOL! What?!?!?
The H5 story is so bad, I'm hoping they try again rather than scramble to fit the rest of the story to that abomination.
It was terrible though I wish we would have got the epic conflict that was pitched throughout the duration of Halo 5's marketing campaign
Halo 5 - Campaign edition. Chief wakes up on Infinity and the other Halo 5 was just a dream. Now the real H5 story is played out.
LOL! What?!?!?
The H5 story is so bad, I'm hoping they try again rather than scramble to fit the rest of the story to that abomination.
Regardless if it was so bad or not, it's better than having a fan-fiction "it was all a dream" plot that the armchair writers on Waypoint and Reddit think would be better. It screams of a lazy, uncreative, cop-out which would be disingenuous to the work that hundreds of people put into Halo 5.
DSight wrote:
Halo 5 - Campaign edition. Chief wakes up on Infinity and the other Halo 5 was just a dream. Now the real H5 story is played out.
LOL! What?!?!?
The H5 story is so bad, I'm hoping they try again rather than scramble to fit the rest of the story to that abomination.
Regardless if it was so bad or not, it's better than having a fan-fiction "it was all a dream" plot that the armchair writers on Waypoint and Reddit think would be better. It screams of a lazy, uncreative, cop-out which would be disingenuous to the work that hundreds of people put into Halo 5.
HA!
Halo 4: Cortana died. Chief now has to remember whats its like to work with other Spartans
Halo 5: Nevermind, she's baaaaack!
If anything, this would make it consistent with 343s writing.
maybe they are just working on halo 6 but they will launch it with the new next generation xbox console so that they have a good chance to win market
Don't know but I HOPe Halo 6 will be good
DSight wrote:
Halo 5 - Campaign edition. Chief wakes up on Infinity and the other Halo 5 was just a dream. Now the real H5 story is played out.
LOL! What?!?!?
The H5 story is so bad, I'm hoping they try again rather than scramble to fit the rest of the story to that abomination.
Regardless if it was so bad or not, it's better than having a fan-fiction "it was all a dream" plot that the armchair writers on Waypoint and Reddit think would be better. It screams of a lazy, uncreative, cop-out which would be disingenuous to the work that hundreds of people put into Halo 5.
I don't think it screams lazy though it would be interesting to see how 343 would explain that and run with it
DSight wrote:
Halo 5 - Campaign edition. Chief wakes up on Infinity and the other Halo 5 was just a dream. Now the real H5 story is played out.
LOL! What?!?!?
The H5 story is so bad, I'm hoping they try again rather than scramble to fit the rest of the story to that abomination.
Regardless if it was so bad or not, it's better than having a fan-fiction "it was all a dream" plot that the armchair writers on Waypoint and Reddit think would be better. It screams of a lazy, uncreative, cop-out which would be disingenuous to the work that hundreds of people put into Halo 5.
HA!
Halo 4: Cortana died. Chief now has to remember whats its like to work with other Spartans
Halo 5: Nevermind, she's baaaaack!
If anything, this would make it consistent with 343s writing.
You can try to reduce it to generalizations and two lines on a forum post however they still explained Cortana's return better (even though the story of Halo 5 was weak) than "It was all a dream" which is a very weak literary trope to rely on. 343i should do better than that.

This is why they have trained professionals doing these creative jobs.
DSight wrote:
Halo 5 - Campaign edition. Chief wakes up on Infinity and the other Halo 5 was just a dream. Now the real H5 story is played out.
LOL! What?!?!?
The H5 story is so bad, I'm hoping they try again rather than scramble to fit the rest of the story to that abomination.
Regardless if it was so bad or not, it's better than having a fan-fiction "it was all a dream" plot that the armchair writers on Waypoint and Reddit think would be better. It screams of a lazy, uncreative, cop-out which would be disingenuous to the work that hundreds of people put into Halo 5.
I don't think it screams lazy though it would be interesting to see how 343 would explain that and run with it
I'm going to disagree and say that I think it screams lazy. It just reeks of "we don't actually want to try to make sense of any of this, so here, have a crappy retcon".
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
DSight wrote:
DSight wrote:
Halo 5 - Campaign edition. Chief wakes up on Infinity and the other Halo 5 was just a dream. Now the real H5 story is played out.
LOL! What?!?!?
The H5 story is so bad, I'm hoping they try again rather than scramble to fit the rest of the story to that abomination.
Regardless if it was so bad or not, it's better than having a fan-fiction "it was all a dream" plot that the armchair writers on Waypoint and Reddit think would be better. It screams of a lazy, uncreative, cop-out which would be disingenuous to the work that hundreds of people put into Halo 5.
HA!
Halo 4: Cortana died. Chief now has to remember whats its like to work with other Spartans
Halo 5: Nevermind, she's baaaaack!
If anything, this would make it consistent with 343s writing.
You can try to reduce it to generalizations and two lines on a forum post however they still explained Cortana's return better (even though the story of Halo 5 was weak) than "It was all a dream" which is a very weak literary trope to rely on. 343i should do better than that.

This is why they have trained professionals doing these creative jobs.
The reason it's considered better is because some want anything post- Halo Reach to be retconned. Why I have yet to see a valid reason, I don't know. I agree that dream theory is nonsense, even with Halo 5's story.
Guys its not a theory, its just some wishful thinking.

Anyway. Lets say Halo 5: Guardians was a simulation game. It was meant for training if Cortana ever comes back and turns bad. This explains why promethians are fighting humans (even though their leader is dead) and the copy&paste Wardens during boss fights.

So now, we get Halo 5 (notice no subtitle) and this continues the main story.
DSight wrote:
Halo 5 - Campaign edition. Chief wakes up on Infinity and the other Halo 5 was just a dream. Now the real H5 story is played out.
LOL! What?!?!?
The H5 story is so bad, I'm hoping they try again rather than scramble to fit the rest of the story to that abomination.
Regardless if it was so bad or not, it's better than having a fan-fiction "it was all a dream" plot that the armchair writers on Waypoint and Reddit think would be better. It screams of a lazy, uncreative, cop-out which would be disingenuous to the work that hundreds of people put into Halo 5.
I don't think it screams lazy though it would be interesting to see how 343 would explain that and run with it
I'm going to disagree and say that I think it screams lazy. It just reeks of "we don't actually want to try to make sense of any of this, so here, have a crappy retcon".
That is exactly what they did with Halo 5G. They killed an important character and then backtracked and threw out another 'nanobots-tier' excuse.
Nothing says a video game company HAS to put out content every year. In fact, it is probably best that they do not, so they can focus priority on actually making Halo 6 good, and not in any way like Halo 5. Think back to the last few generations of games. We would go years between main Halo titles. Games in other series didn't always get released every year either. Think of Splinter Cell, which has years between releases. For some reason, it has become the standard in the last two years that "we need to pump out something every year" which is not a good business model as it promotes rushing.

We are way to close to E3 for a new Halo to be both announced AND released this year. If we do get another Halo game before 6, it'll be for next year at minimum.

I also wouldn't get to excited for Halo 6 to definitely come out in 2019. We haven't heard anything yet, so assume they are still working on it. I personally think it'll be 2020 before a release for 6, because they stated they wanted to break away from the 3 year development cycle after Halo 5 was a disaster.
I 100% agree with you, however yearly (ish) releases can be done right. Hear me out. Perfect example is forza. cycle is:

Forza Motorsport
Forza Horzion
Forza motorsport
Forza horizon

Now, I know racing games are different, as you can keep the cars models and such from the last one and improve them, however this can work with Halo. How? Here is my idea:

Ok, so we all remember H3 ODST right? Used same assets as H3, but built on the story gap in Halo 2 (what happened on Earth after chief left) and had a great new gametype (firefight) as well as all H3 dlc. Now, lets build on this idea. So, maybe not a yearly release, but 2 years (or 1 year and a half) after release, have an ODST game (or a game following a spartan IV fireteam, whatever) follow a story thread from the past game.

So, using Halo 5 as an example. The "follow up" game could bridge the gap between Halo 4 and 5 a bit better, showing the UNSC and storm faction facing off in set piece battles in the backround/ cutscenes, while our spartan/ODST fireteam works in a very "spec ops" fashion, eliminating key enemy leaders and bases in stealth missions, breaking the storm coveneant and thus giving them a more fleshed out war. Then, this game will include multiplayer and coop maps based on locations from the campaign, that can be played in "Halo 5" (replace this with whatever mainline game is relevant) much like the anniversary pack for Halo CE anniversary (with Reach).

Its not the perfect idea, however it would allow 343 to sell dlc to more players efficiently (as it will be bundled with this tie in game) while also delivering a story further fleshing out the foundation for the next game (what I used for Halo 5 was just an example, you can flesh out the future story instead of the past story-or tell a whole new one).
Guys its not a theory, its just some wishful thinking.

Anyway. Lets say Halo 5: Guardians was a simulation game. It was meant for training if Cortana ever comes back and turns bad. This explains why promethians are fighting humans (even though their leader is dead) and the copy&paste Wardens during boss fights.

So now, we get Halo 5 (notice no subtitle) and this continues the main story.
This is a bad idea that hasn't been thought out.

They're not going to retconn the entire story of Halo 5 because that is a lazy and low effort approach to creativity and writing. It's also embarrassing and frowned upon in creative circles. Master Chief is not going to come out of a simulator going "Whew... Alright lets finish the fight for real now!" and carry on from Halo 4.

Also, they're not going to release another game called Halo 5.

You say this is wishful thinking but it's sounding suspiciously like trolling especially with that last idea to release "Halo 5" again.
It would be cool for a new halo to come out that has more to do with just be a normal marine
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4