Skip to main content

Forums / Community / General Discussion

[Locked] New Halo Game Before Halo 6

OP TheLegendary117

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
DSight wrote:
Halo 5 - Campaign edition. Chief wakes up on Infinity and the other Halo 5 was just a dream. Now the real H5 story is played out.
LOL! What?!?!?
The H5 story is so bad, I'm hoping they try again rather than scramble to fit the rest of the story to that abomination.
Regardless if it was so bad or not, it's better than having a fan-fiction "it was all a dream" plot that the armchair writers on Waypoint and Reddit think would be better. It screams of a lazy, uncreative, cop-out which would be disingenuous to the work that hundreds of people put into Halo 5.
I don't think it screams lazy though it would be interesting to see how 343 would explain that and run with it
I'm going to disagree and say that I think it screams lazy. It just reeks of "we don't actually want to try to make sense of any of this, so here, have a crappy retcon".
That is exactly what they did with Halo 5G. They killed an important character and then backtracked and threw out another 'nanobots-tier' excuse.
So? That doesn't make it a good idea. If anything, it suggests that 343 doesn't care about feedback and hasn't learned anything from making mistakes in addition to being lazy.
DSight wrote:
Guys its not a theory, its just some wishful thinking.

Anyway. Lets say Halo 5: Guardians was a simulation game. It was meant for training if Cortana ever comes back and turns bad. This explains why promethians are fighting humans (even though their leader is dead) and the copy&paste Wardens during boss fights.

So now, we get Halo 5 (notice no subtitle) and this continues the main story.
This is a bad idea that hasn't been thought out.

They're not going to retconn the entire story of Halo 5 because that is a lazy and low effort approach to creativity and writing. It's also embarrassing and frowned upon in creative circles. Master Chief is not going to come out of a simulator going "Whew... Alright lets finish the fight for real now!" and carry on from Halo 4.

Also, they're not going to release another game called Halo 5.

You say this is wishful thinking but it's sounding suspiciously like trolling especially with that last idea to release "Halo 5" again.
This isn't trolling, because I want them to do something too. With the feedback they got, it would be a major mistake to continue a lackluster story with a character NO ONE wanted brought back and turned into a villain.
DSight wrote:
Guys its not a theory, its just some wishful thinking.

Anyway. Lets say Halo 5: Guardians was a simulation game. It was meant for training if Cortana ever comes back and turns bad. This explains why promethians are fighting humans (even though their leader is dead) and the copy&paste Wardens during boss fights.

So now, we get Halo 5 (notice no subtitle) and this continues the main story.
This is a bad idea that hasn't been thought out.

They're not going to retconn the entire story of Halo 5 because that is a lazy and low effort approach to creativity and writing. It's also embarrassing and frowned upon in creative circles. Master Chief is not going to come out of a simulator going "Whew... Alright lets finish the fight for real now!" and carry on from Halo 4.

Also, they're not going to release another game called Halo 5.

You say this is wishful thinking but it's sounding suspiciously like trolling especially with that last idea to release "Halo 5" again.
This isn't trolling, because I want them to do something too. With the feedback they got, it would be a major mistake to continue a lackluster story with a character NO ONE wanted brought back and turned into a villain.
I think they can still salvage it. I believe the "cortana" we see is manifested by spark/the didact, as they know thats how they can "get to" chief. This is the only way, that "cortana" is really a different enemy in disguise. It has to be.
DSight wrote:
Guys its not a theory, its just some wishful thinking.

Anyway. Lets say Halo 5: Guardians was a simulation game. It was meant for training if Cortana ever comes back and turns bad. This explains why promethians are fighting humans (even though their leader is dead) and the copy&paste Wardens during boss fights.

So now, we get Halo 5 (notice no subtitle) and this continues the main story.
This is a bad idea that hasn't been thought out.

They're not going to retconn the entire story of Halo 5 because that is a lazy and low effort approach to creativity and writing. It's also embarrassing and frowned upon in creative circles. Master Chief is not going to come out of a simulator going "Whew... Alright lets finish the fight for real now!" and carry on from Halo 4.

Also, they're not going to release another game called Halo 5.

You say this is wishful thinking but it's sounding suspiciously like trolling especially with that last idea to release "Halo 5" again.
This isn't trolling, because I want them to do something too. With the feedback they got, it would be a major mistake to continue a lackluster story with a character NO ONE wanted brought back and turned into a villain.
I think they can still salvage it. I believe the "cortana" we see is manifested by spark/the didact, as they know thats how they can "get to" chief. This is the only way, that "cortana" is really a different enemy in disguise. It has to be.
But both of them are dead. Unless they pull another H5G Cortana on Didact or Spark...
DSight wrote:
Halo 5 - Campaign edition. Chief wakes up on Infinity and the other Halo 5 was just a dream. Now the real H5 story is played out.
LOL! What?!?!?
The H5 story is so bad, I'm hoping they try again rather than scramble to fit the rest of the story to that abomination.
Regardless if it was so bad or not, it's better than having a fan-fiction "it was all a dream" plot that the armchair writers on Waypoint and Reddit think would be better. It screams of a lazy, uncreative, cop-out which would be disingenuous to the work that hundreds of people put into Halo 5.
I don't think it screams lazy though it would be interesting to see how 343 would explain that and run with it
I'm going to disagree and say that I think it screams lazy. It just reeks of "we don't actually want to try to make sense of any of this, so here, have a crappy retcon".
I agree to an extent only because I had forgotten what 343's version of a "new map" is in Halo 5.
I think they should release halo 6 in 2020, so they can take their time, and release a side halo game this year. Would make sense because many fans ae expecting some sort of halo this year.
DSight wrote:
Guys its not a theory, its just some wishful thinking.

Anyway. Lets say Halo 5: Guardians was a simulation game. It was meant for training if Cortana ever comes back and turns bad. This explains why promethians are fighting humans (even though their leader is dead) and the copy&paste Wardens during boss fights.

So now, we get Halo 5 (notice no subtitle) and this continues the main story.
This is a bad idea that hasn't been thought out.

They're not going to retconn the entire story of Halo 5 because that is a lazy and low effort approach to creativity and writing. It's also embarrassing and frowned upon in creative circles. Master Chief is not going to come out of a simulator going "Whew... Alright lets finish the fight for real now!" and carry on from Halo 4.

Also, they're not going to release another game called Halo 5.

You say this is wishful thinking but it's sounding suspiciously like trolling especially with that last idea to release "Halo 5" again.
This isn't trolling, because I want them to do something too. With the feedback they got, it would be a major mistake to continue a lackluster story with a character NO ONE wanted brought back and turned into a villain.
I think they can still salvage it. I believe the "cortana" we see is manifested by spark/the didact, as they know thats how they can "get to" chief. This is the only way, that "cortana" is really a different enemy in disguise. It has to be.
But both of them are dead. Unless they pull another H5G Cortana on Didact or Spark...
You do realize that neither Didact nor Spark are dead, right? We've known this since before Halo 5 came out. The Didact is basically a disembodied AI now and reflecting on his actions, meaning he may come back as an ally in the future, and Spark's still partly functioning shell was found somewhere near the Ark by a human ship, he remembered who he was before the Halo's originally fired, took control of the human's ship, and set off for wherever he thought the Librarian was.
DSight wrote:
Guys its not a theory, its just some wishful thinking.

Anyway. Lets say Halo 5: Guardians was a simulation game. It was meant for training if Cortana ever comes back and turns bad. This explains why promethians are fighting humans (even though their leader is dead) and the copy&paste Wardens during boss fights.

So now, we get Halo 5 (notice no subtitle) and this continues the main story.
This is a bad idea that hasn't been thought out.

They're not going to retconn the entire story of Halo 5 because that is a lazy and low effort approach to creativity and writing. It's also embarrassing and frowned upon in creative circles. Master Chief is not going to come out of a simulator going "Whew... Alright lets finish the fight for real now!" and carry on from Halo 4.

Also, they're not going to release another game called Halo 5.

You say this is wishful thinking but it's sounding suspiciously like trolling especially with that last idea to release "Halo 5" again.
This isn't trolling, because I want them to do something too. With the feedback they got, it would be a major mistake to continue a lackluster story with a character NO ONE wanted brought back and turned into a villain.
I think they can still salvage it. I believe the "cortana" we see is manifested by spark/the didact, as they know thats how they can "get to" chief. This is the only way, that "cortana" is really a different enemy in disguise. It has to be.
But both of them are dead. Unless they pull another H5G Cortana on Didact or Spark...
You do realize that neither Didact nor Spark are dead, right? We've known this since before Halo 5 came out. The Didact is basically a disembodied AI now and reflecting on his actions, meaning he may come back as an ally in the future, and Spark's still partly functioning shell was found somewhere near the Ark by a human ship, he remembered who he was before the Halo's originally fired, took control of the human's ship, and set off for wherever he thought the Librarian was.
So you're saying that there is still hope for Johnson?
DSight wrote:
Guys its not a theory, its just some wishful thinking.

Anyway. Lets say Halo 5: Guardians was a simulation game. It was meant for training if Cortana ever comes back and turns bad. This explains why promethians are fighting humans (even though their leader is dead) and the copy&paste Wardens during boss fights.

So now, we get Halo 5 (notice no subtitle) and this continues the main story.
This is a bad idea that hasn't been thought out.

They're not going to retconn the entire story of Halo 5 because that is a lazy and low effort approach to creativity and writing. It's also embarrassing and frowned upon in creative circles. Master Chief is not going to come out of a simulator going "Whew... Alright lets finish the fight for real now!" and carry on from Halo 4.

Also, they're not going to release another game called Halo 5.

You say this is wishful thinking but it's sounding suspiciously like trolling especially with that last idea to release "Halo 5" again.
This isn't trolling, because I want them to do something too. With the feedback they got, it would be a major mistake to continue a lackluster story with a character NO ONE wanted brought back and turned into a villain.
I think they can still salvage it. I believe the "cortana" we see is manifested by spark/the didact, as they know thats how they can "get to" chief. This is the only way, that "cortana" is really a different enemy in disguise. It has to be.
But both of them are dead. Unless they pull another H5G Cortana on Didact or Spark...
You do realize that neither Didact nor Spark are dead, right? We've known this since before Halo 5 came out. The Didact is basically a disembodied AI now and reflecting on his actions, meaning he may come back as an ally in the future, and Spark's still partly functioning shell was found somewhere near the Ark by a human ship, he remembered who he was before the Halo's originally fired, took control of the human's ship, and set off for wherever he thought the Librarian was.
So you're saying that there is still hope for Johnson?
That one is more set in stone, unfortunately.
Really hoping for another Halo Reach militaristic atmosphere kinda game
Time will tell I suppose.
DSight wrote:
Guys its not a theory, its just some wishful thinking.

Anyway. Lets say Halo 5: Guardians was a simulation game. It was meant for training if Cortana ever comes back and turns bad. This explains why promethians are fighting humans (even though their leader is dead) and the copy&paste Wardens during boss fights.

So now, we get Halo 5 (notice no subtitle) and this continues the main story.
This is a bad idea that hasn't been thought out.

They're not going to retconn the entire story of Halo 5 because that is a lazy and low effort approach to creativity and writing. It's also embarrassing and frowned upon in creative circles. Master Chief is not going to come out of a simulator going "Whew... Alright lets finish the fight for real now!" and carry on from Halo 4.

Also, they're not going to release another game called Halo 5.

You say this is wishful thinking but it's sounding suspiciously like trolling especially with that last idea to release "Halo 5" again.
This isn't trolling, because I want them to do something too. With the feedback they got, it would be a major mistake to continue a lackluster story with a character NO ONE wanted brought back and turned into a villain.
I think they can still salvage it. I believe the "cortana" we see is manifested by spark/the didact, as they know thats how they can "get to" chief. This is the only way, that "cortana" is really a different enemy in disguise. It has to be.
But both of them are dead. Unless they pull another H5G Cortana on Didact or Spark...
You do realize that neither Didact nor Spark are dead, right? We've known this since before Halo 5 came out. The Didact is basically a disembodied AI now and reflecting on his actions, meaning he may come back as an ally in the future, and Spark's still partly functioning shell was found somewhere near the Ark by a human ship, he remembered who he was before the Halo's originally fired, took control of the human's ship, and set off for wherever he thought the Librarian was.
So you're saying that there is still hope for Johnson?
That one is more set in stone, unfortunately.
;__;

b-b-b-but...
DSight wrote:
Guys its not a theory, its just some wishful thinking.

Anyway. Lets say Halo 5: Guardians was a simulation game. It was meant for training if Cortana ever comes back and turns bad. This explains why promethians are fighting humans (even though their leader is dead) and the copy&paste Wardens during boss fights.

So now, we get Halo 5 (notice no subtitle) and this continues the main story.
This is a bad idea that hasn't been thought out.

They're not going to retconn the entire story of Halo 5 because that is a lazy and low effort approach to creativity and writing. It's also embarrassing and frowned upon in creative circles. Master Chief is not going to come out of a simulator going "Whew... Alright lets finish the fight for real now!" and carry on from Halo 4.

Also, they're not going to release another game called Halo 5.

You say this is wishful thinking but it's sounding suspiciously like trolling especially with that last idea to release "Halo 5" again.
This isn't trolling, because I want them to do something too. With the feedback they got, it would be a major mistake to continue a lackluster story with a character NO ONE wanted brought back and turned into a villain.
I think they can still salvage it. I believe the "cortana" we see is manifested by spark/the didact, as they know thats how they can "get to" chief. This is the only way, that "cortana" is really a different enemy in disguise. It has to be.
But both of them are dead. Unless they pull another H5G Cortana on Didact or Spark...
You do realize that neither Didact nor Spark are dead, right? We've known this since before Halo 5 came out. The Didact is basically a disembodied AI now and reflecting on his actions, meaning he may come back as an ally in the future, and Spark's still partly functioning shell was found somewhere near the Ark by a human ship, he remembered who he was before the Halo's originally fired, took control of the human's ship, and set off for wherever he thought the Librarian was.
So you're saying that there is still hope for Johnson?
That one is more set in stone, unfortunately.
;__;

b-b-b-but...
I know.....
Halo Wars 2 ODST would be nice.
Halo Wars 2 ODST would be nice.
Care to explain what this game would be like?
Regice554 wrote:
Halo Wars 2 ODST would be nice.
Care to explain what this game would be like?
First person shooter with ODST members from Spirit of Fire fightinh the Banished on Ark happening after Halo Wars 2.
Regice554 wrote:
Halo Wars 2 ODST would be nice.
Care to explain what this game would be like?
First person shooter with ODST members from Spirit of Fire fightinh the Banished on Ark happening after Halo Wars 2.
But Halo Wars is a RTS game so how would it make sense to make a Halo Wars FPS? Not trying to bust your chops, just saying it'd be interesting. Maybe something along the lines of what Star Craft: Ghost was supposed to be like? It was a canceled game but looked pretty solid when it was being shown off
Regice554 wrote:
Halo Wars 2 ODST would be nice.
Care to explain what this game would be like?
First person shooter with ODST members from Spirit of Fire fightinh the Banished on Ark happening after Halo Wars 2.
But Halo Wars is a RTS game so how would it make sense to make a Halo Wars FPS? Not trying to bust your chops, just saying it'd be interesting. Maybe something along the lines of what Star Craft: Ghost was supposed to be like? It was a canceled game but looked pretty solid when it was being shown off
I think his suggestion is really just to make an ODST-style FPS game using Sunray 1-1 from HW2's Operation: SPEARBREAKER DLC, with no real relation to the Halo Wars RTS gameplay.
Regice554 wrote:
Halo Wars 2 ODST would be nice.
Care to explain what this game would be like?
First person shooter with ODST members from Spirit of Fire fightinh the Banished on Ark happening after Halo Wars 2.
But Halo Wars is a RTS game so how would it make sense to make a Halo Wars FPS? Not trying to bust your chops, just saying it'd be interesting. Maybe something along the lines of what Star Craft: Ghost was supposed to be like? It was a canceled game but looked pretty solid when it was being shown off
I think his suggestion is really just to make an ODST-style FPS game using Sunray 1-1 from HW2's Operation: SPEARBREAKER DLC, with no real relation to the Halo Wars RTS gameplay.
Yes exactly,a whole new game that just has Halo Wars 2 in the name because of story continuation.Thanks EMPEROR!
Regice554 wrote:
Halo Wars 2 ODST would be nice.
Care to explain what this game would be like?
First person shooter with ODST members from Spirit of Fire fightinh the Banished on Ark happening after Halo Wars 2.
But Halo Wars is a RTS game so how would it make sense to make a Halo Wars FPS? Not trying to bust your chops, just saying it'd be interesting. Maybe something along the lines of what Star Craft: Ghost was supposed to be like? It was a canceled game but looked pretty solid when it was being shown off
I think his suggestion is really just to make an ODST-style FPS game using Sunray 1-1 from HW2's Operation: SPEARBREAKER DLC, with no real relation to the Halo Wars RTS gameplay.
Yes exactly,a whole new game that just has Halo Wars 2 in the name because of story continuation.Thanks EMPEROR!
That makes more sense :)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4