So I was thinking about it today (bathroom break at work) and my imagination was running and I wanted to share my thought on what could be a cool new mythic requisition variant of the grenade launcher. Now hear me out I really do think that there are too many really good weapons in Halo 5 so adding another would just further drown us in Reqs but my idea was a level 7 grenade launcher that had the following abilities: "A heavy tube launched payload branching into 3 smaller payloads off a surface that slightly track targets following a ricochet and detonates on enemy proximity. If you have any other ideas or comments leave them below and explain :)

Good Gaming Spartans. -APEX
Here's an old idea of mine (which hasn't been received too well):

Monitor's Demise (Sgt. Johnson's Spartan Laser from Halo 3)

"Send them out with a bang. Mythic Spartan Laser with increased damage, battery capacity, and full-screen zoom."
Sounds cool to me. The homing is a little much i think. Maybe just home on vehicles?
Sounds cool to me. The homing is a little much i think. Maybe just home on vehicles?
Yeah. It should just home on vehicles and it would be a great weapon. I also like the Monitor's Demise idea.
More Mythic weapons in general would be a good thing. Would love a few more of those variants to choose from!
Perhaps a weapon with vampirism.
HaXoR73 wrote:

"Send them out with a bang. Mythic Spartan Laser with increased damage, battery capacity, and full-screen zoom."
I really like that idea too many times the lasers now don't get the job done on taking out vehicles.
Yeah you are probably right and by homing I mean at a very slight degree more of just a magnetism in the direction of an enemy spartan/vehicle, It could also be a Req 8.
Bruteshot, with the mythic version exploding with brute spiker bullets. Obviously it also has a larger chamber too. Oh and the bruteshot has increased melee damage, only because it has a freakin' blade attached.
I don't even care if this weapon is mythic or not. The Brute Shot/Concussion Rifle would be an awesome re-addition into Halo. It has so much potential in custom games with it's knockback power. So many ideas of great maps spring to mind with the concussion rifle. Imagine a forge map with a ton of jumping in the middle areas, and a lot of running and long hallways around the outside. Maybe in the very middle, there is a giant hole for if you fall, you'll fall to your death. And now imagine that map with a gun that has the power to push you back. A map such as this would be much more possible in Halo 5 with all the new movement and such.

That's why I think the Brute Shot/Concussion Rifle should come back into Halo 5.
HaXoR73 wrote:

The Spartan laser does have a full screen zoom though.. Bad**s name for a mythic weapon by the way.
HaXoR73 wrote:

The Spartan laser does have a full screen zoom though.. Bad**s name for a mythic weapon by the way.
What I meant by "full-screen zoom" is having the original zoom instead of a flip-out sight. Basically, something along the lines of the classic scope.
HaXoR73 wrote:
HaXoR73 wrote:

What I meant by "full-screen zoom" is having the original zoom instead of a flip-out sight. Basically, something along the lines of the classic scope.
Oh pfft. I did not understand what you meant entirely
Ever since 343 announced they would be adding the Assault Cannon back in Anvil's Legacy (I seem to be the only one who still remembers that's what those arms are called), I always wanted them to add in the original variant as a Mythic or even just a Legendary. It would fire a continuous beam just like in Halo 2/3 (with the same, unaltered firing sound) and it would do more damage to vehicles than the variants we have now (I know the Beserker's Claw is useful against that too, but that's mainly for Air vehicles. This would be used on your average Wraith/Scorpion/Mantis/other ground vehicles). I've preached this idea before but nobody really seems to acknowledge it much.
Wraith0912 wrote:
Ever since 343 announced they would be adding the Assault Cannon back in Anvil's Legacy (I seem to be the only one who still remembers that's what those arms are called), I always wanted them to add in the original variant as a Mythic or even just a Legendary. It would fire a continuous beam just like in Halo 2/3 (with the same, unaltered firing sound) and it would do more damage to vehicles than the variants we have now (I know the Beserker's Claw is useful against that too, but that's mainly for Air vehicles. This would be used on your average Wraith/Scorpion/Mantis/other ground vehicles). I've preached this idea before but nobody really seems to acknowledge it much.
Y'know, they could've made the Assault Cannons function in a similar way to the Plasma Pistol. Tap for those annoying needles which won't use too much energy, or charge it up for a deadlier shot which requires more energy. The difference in rarity would reflect the weapon's increased damage over the previous one.
HaXoR73 wrote:
Wraith0912 wrote:
Y'know, they could've made the Assault Cannons function in a similar way to the Plasma Pistol. Tap for those annoying needles which won't use too much energy, or charge it up for a deadlier shot which requires more energy. The difference in rarity would reflect the weapon's increased damage over the previous one.
They could do that with this model. The same model was used in CE and 2 but both games featured different firing methods. CE had the single shot while 2 had the beam. Have the tap be a charge up shot and the hold be the charge-up beam. The charge up could also be a downside to the weapon should it need one.
Bruteshot, with the mythic version exploding with brute spiker bullets. Obviously it also has a larger chamber too. Oh and the bruteshot has increased melee damage, only because it has a freakin' blade attached.
I really like this idea. It sounds like a lot of fun to use and could absolutely wreck an enemy base.
Heres one. Mythic Scorpion M808 from Halo 2. 2 times faster then the new scorpion, same rate of fire as Halo 2 and projection speed, you can have the turret and main cannon to control like Halo 2, armor is strong. Only down side is on how big it is and is not snipe proof for the driver. Oh and it has Halo 2 Magnetism so the turret is very accurate.

And for a weapon I want a mythic Katana that can battle a Energy Sword.
Hm sounds interesting..
Sounds like the war machine from black ops 3