2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 9
So Destiny 2 and CoD:WWII will dominate the next year.
that's just made me sad
Why?
because Destiny was Bungie selling out as well as selling their soul to the devil (Activition) and CoD is awful even though WWII is happening it will never be better than COD3 10 years ago
that's just made me sad
Why?
because Destiny was Bungie selling out as well as selling their soul to the devil (Activition) and CoD is awful even though WWII is happening it will never be better than COD3 10 years ago
Well - to be fair, the storywriter of Destiny 1 left the crew half year before the release and they had to write a whole new story. Also Schlerf is working on the Destiny 2 story and yeah, I totally can understand that Bungie changed the publisher - and to be fair, Destiny is played more by xbox players than Halo 5. And they have a bigger audience
OP

I reckon Halo 6 is definitely coming next year. There has definitely been murmurings and stuff being put out teasing Halo 6 by 343.

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't 2014 E3 technically show a combined trailer for the MC Collection and Halo 5. Since the Arbiter was in both games they linked the two "his past sowed the seeds of his future" or something like that? So it could be that they show us something that's not explicitly about Halo 6 but is clearly related to it.

My guess is that they know that Halo 6 news at E3 will overshadow anything else they do and they only released HW2 in Feb 17 so their immediate priority will be to push DLC for that game. Plus there might be other titles Microsoft wants to push this year so they don't want a big spotlight on Halo for 2017 with no releases this year.

What we might see:

HW2 -

* Operation Spearbreaker mini campaign. Would be underwhelming as only two missions.
* Banished Campaign. Neat but I am not sure if that would carry E3.
* Preview or roadmap the remaining commanders.
* New Maps.
* Probably the biggest thing they could do, although I think its unlikely, would be to showcase a new faction like the Flood or Prometheans. Any teaser trailer for either faction could easily be tied into Halo 6.

Halo 5 -

Probably last final update that adds new content to the game. I'd guess some Genesis themed maps following on from the trend of using campaign assets.

They might have some of the devs and people talk in general terms about where the franchise is and where they intend to take it (basically take stock) and essentially reassure people without directly talking about Halo 6.

I am guessing it must be quite a quiet E3 this year then. If it is just Operation Spearbreaker then it could be a very quiet event. This has to be where they reveal the Atriox Campaign.
Yeah, I'm kind of in agreeance with this. If E3 has anything to do with Halo 3 I'm predicting it's simply news about it getting ported to the PC and Halo 5's next big Content Update including something like a Halo 3 "classic" featured playlist with forged remakes of Halo 3 maps. Most likely the news at E3 will revolve around HW2. I really hope there's no Halo 6 news as I want them to take as much developmental time as necessary to have the game as close to complete when it releases as possible and if that means an extra year of development -- all the better.
that's just made me sad
Why?
that's just made me sad
Why?
Well - to be fair, the storywriter of Destiny 1 left the crew half year before the release and they had to write a whole new story. Also Schlerf is working on the Destiny 2 story and yeah, I totally can understand that Bungie changed the publisher - and to be fair, Destiny is played more by xbox players than Halo 5. And they have a bigger audience
true but not me I've played Halo 5 more than Destiny and never forget Bungie screwed over Marty O'Donnell
Destiny just disapointed me so much...
Thorne.
I have a more negative vibe to whats going on. 343i having to come out and say no Halo 6 at E3 this year is them saying on the sly that they are delaying halo 6.
So why are they delaying halo 6? Well the back lash from halo 5 thats why. The recent comments on the lack of Master chief in halo 5, the anger about pushing MC aside. The entire build up to halo 5s story making people berlive the story would follow that and then only to find out that its story is so differnt. Lets not forget that quite afew people have left the studio that were in charge of writing and lead for halo 5s story and build up. Hmn i wonder why?
My thoughts go all the way back to halo 4. We had thron being introduced in halo 4, in the special edition we had the mini poster/blue print of his armour and the build up of his character in spartan ops, along with Sarah palmer. They were the start of the introduction for what i berlive were going to be characters in Osiris team in halo 5. But ofc those characters were far from loved and even hated, cough Palmer. So ofc those character were sidelined and we got random new characters taking there rolls in halo 5. Buck for example replaced Thorne.
Then halo 5 comes along and we get Locke shoved in our face and made to play him for like 85% of the game. Big mistake ofc, but at the time they saw it as introducing there taste mark in the halo franchise, much like they tried to do in halo 4 with throne and palmer. But once again ofc it failed. Put it down to artists basicly working on other peoples work for so long , you get to the point where they just want to make there own mark and make that art there own. Thing is every time 343i have tried to do that they have failed and the community doesnt like these new characters. So what happens next? those writers leave 343i, and we get the announcment of no halo 6 at E3, when this E3 if all was going as planned would be the E3 for the halo 6 teaser trailer.
So why no teaser trailer? I mean if you look back they start work on the next halo almost right after the previous game, so they should be quite far into early deveopment of story boards, concept art, and basic scripts. Im sure they were as well. But after alot of this backlash has come out recently, and 343i having to fess up to there mistakes. Micorosoft big heads probably came down to 343i and were like , " look enough trying to make halo your own. People want Chief, its like having a batman film focus on his butler or spiderman film focused on mary jane lol. Enough is enough go back and redo the story to focus on Chief and sideline Locke. This happening so fast, maybe the teaser trailer had nothing to do with Master chief, Cortana ect and they didnt want a conitnuation of backlash from a teaser trailer to be the starting talk leading up to halo 6 hype.
So thats my theory, and why i berlive we wont get halo 6 until early 2019. Still there might be some good from all this. Maybe we're get a side game like odst, or hell a Halo 3 remaster , or MCC on PC to tide us over. Still 343i really took alot of -Yoink- from side linging Master chief in halo 5, exspect the next halo to play it very safe, just like halo 4 did.
Halo 3: Yabda Begins

Play through the Halo 3 campaign on the other side as Yabda as you try to finally kill Master Chief and the Arbiter.

Featuring new graphics and reorchestrated soundtrack, with more wubs.
Ka Five wrote:

Play through the Halo 3 campaign on the other side as Yabda as you try to finally kill Master Chief and the Arbiter.

uhhh, maybe not
Ka Five wrote:

I would rather have this than another rehashed game.
The more I read what tiny little bits of info are available all around the web and the more I think about it, the more strongly I suspect that if there is new FPS content announced it'll be a Halo 3 themed update for Halo 5, personally. I think that's what we'll get in lieu of the Halo 3 Anniversary standalone game that isn't happening. We know they're working on a classic settings playlist for Halo 5 and they are seeking the Forge community's help in creating Halo 3 throwback maps, the timing seems right.
I don't want a Halo 3 Anniversary, why touch a game that is already perfect and still looks beautiful?
Nadesicle wrote:
I don't want a Halo 3 Anniversary, why touch a game that is already perfect and still looks beautiful?
To change several of the hidden icons that are technically and legally Bungie's intellectual property, like the Marathon logos.
ronnie42 wrote:
Probably for the best, 343i need to take their time before they make the mistakes of Halo 4,5. They really need to study video breakdown's online and see where to go with the franchise since there are plenty of good video's out that explain what went wrong with things like the art style, etc...
The art style in Halo 4 and 5 were great. What are you on about?
I do not in the slightest believe 343i when they say there wont be a H3A; it makes no logical sense. Why ignore the 10th anniversary of such an iconic and successful game that, like Halo 1 and 2, brought in a tremendous amount of fans to the franchise? That was a lot of people's first Halo experience? Why ignore celebrating the third and final installment of the complete set when the first two were already celebrated and hyped up to show the importance it meant to the franchise?

Unless 343i/MS hates money, it seems more likely to me that Halo 3 Anniversary will be used to help hype the Scorpio (seeing as both would come out later this year), and since there is no PC port of the MCC, it would seem logical to release MCC with H3A on both Scorpio and PC, where it would run and look better than it did on its original launch to entice sales. They could allow original MCC owners to download a H3A update for the remastered cutscenes and any potential updates to improve MCC from it's previous state (can't say whether they'd offer it to us for free or not). They could also offer us a Halo 6 multiplayer Beta as they did for Halo 5 with MCC.

It's unlikely nothing will be shown for Halo 6. Even if Halo 6 only comes out in 2019, they usually show off a teaser trailer minimum two years prior to release, so I'm not buying it.

With MCC known for it's terrible launch and overall failure, I can't say they'd necessarily want to bring it up again (would rather release H3A separately) unless say, Bonnie Ross came on stage to talk about it, such as how the project was overly ambitious, but had taught them a lot going forward while offering a free update to original owners in an attempt to redeem themselves (long shot thinking here).

Obviously 343i isn't going to talk about it and deny it if the intent is to surprise everyone, but hey, maybe they really wont be doing it and continue to disappoint. No surprise there. Either way, if they do not remaster the entire game, the least they could do to acknowledge H3's 10th would be to offer us remastered Blur cutscenes, which there was some sort of screenshot shown off of Arbiter, Chief, and Johnson in the snow that looked like Blur's work.

I'd equally love to see ODST get the Blur cutscene treatment as well, if only to see a CGI Huragok.
Lady Owl wrote:
I do not in the slightest believe 343i when they say there wont be a H3A; it makes no logical sense. Why ignore the 10th anniversary of such an iconic and successful game that, like Halo 1 and 2, brought in a tremendous amount of fans to the franchise? That was a lot of people's first Halo experience? Why ignore celebrating the third and final installment of the complete set when the first two were already celebrated and hyped up to show the importance it meant to the franchise?

Unless 343i/MS hates money, it seems more likely to me that Halo 3 Anniversary will be used to help hype the Scorpio (seeing as both would come out later this year), and since there is no PC port of the MCC, it would seem logical to release MCC with H3A on both Scorpio and PC, where it would run and look better than it did on its original launch to entice sales. They could allow original MCC owners to download a H3A update for the remastered cutscenes and any potential updates to improve MCC from it's previous state (can't say whether they'd offer it to us for free or not). They could also offer us a Halo 6 multiplayer Beta as they did for Halo 5 with MCC.

It's unlikely nothing will be shown for Halo 6. Even if Halo 6 only comes out in 2019, they usually show off a teaser trailer minimum two years prior to release, so I'm not buying it.

With MCC known for it's terrible launch and overall failure, I can't say they'd necessarily want to bring it up again (would rather release H3A separately) unless say, Bonnie Ross came on stage to talk about it, such as how the project was overly ambitious, but had taught them a lot going forward while offering a free update to original owners in an attempt to redeem themselves (long shot thinking here).

Obviously 343i isn't going to talk about it and deny it if the intent is to surprise everyone, but hey, maybe they really wont be doing it and continue to disappoint. No surprise there. Either way, if they do not remaster the entire game, the least they could do to acknowledge H3's 10th would be to offer us remastered Blur cutscenes, which there was some sort of screenshot shown off of Arbiter, Chief, and Johnson in the snow that looked like Blur's work.

I'd equally love to see ODST get the Blur cutscene treatment as well, if only to see a CGI Huragok.
To me it's more of a they're not confident because of how the mcc panned out
Lady Owl wrote:
there was some sort of screenshot shown off of Arbiter, Chief, and Johnson in the snow that looked like Blur's work.
Do you have a link to that?
Lady Owl wrote:

To me it's more of a they're not confident because of how the mcc panned out
Which is a legit concern. It's a very sensitive subject and situation, but to outright ignore H3's 10th all together because of it? I'm just as fine with them offering H3A separate from MCC, and I would even gladly pay for it, I just think it's a real shame to not show any form of acknowledgement to such an important landmark in the franchise.

Granted, Campaign: updated graphics, Blur cutscenes, and potential new story stuff via new terminals are my personal reasons for wanting a H3A. I've seen a lot of people say they have no interest or do not want it to happen at all, but only say that in regards to multiplayer.
Lady Owl wrote:
there was some sort of screenshot shown off of Arbiter, Chief, and Johnson in the snow that looked like Blur's work.
Do you have a link to that?
Yup. I saw it right here on the forums actually: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/82841d11296340069f6b8e3ccbfcee11/topics/halo-3-anniversary-possibly-confirmed/b83dff50-a66a-412d-b666-cd9a7dd485f6/posts
Oh my Gods YESSSS
Halo 3 Anniversary most likely. To 'Finish the Fight' and trilogy.
No. No no no no no.

It has been confirmed multiple times over by 343 and even Phil Spencer that there is no H3A happening.
Could a Reach anniversary be possible?
Sierra0331 wrote:
Halo 3 Anniversary most likely. To 'Finish the Fight' and trilogy.
No. No no no no no.

It has been confirmed multiple times over by 343 and even Phil Spencer that there is no H3A happening.
Could a Reach anniversary be possible?
...No.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 9