3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 9
Sierra0331 wrote:
Halo 3 Anniversary most likely. To 'Finish the Fight' and trilogy.
No. No no no no no.

It has been confirmed multiple times over by 343 and even Phil Spencer that there is no H3A happening.
Could a Reach anniversary be possible?
...No.
😢
Yeah, Reach Anniversary would just be a bit much. Plus I'm pretty sure that's when they started branching away from the "Marathon" aesthetics.
Lady Owl wrote:
Lady Owl wrote:
I do not in the slightest believe 343i when they say there wont be a H3A; it makes no logical sense. Why ignore the 10th anniversary of such an iconic and successful game that, like Halo 1 and 2, brought in a tremendous amount of fans to the franchise? That was a lot of people's first Halo experience? Why ignore celebrating the third and final installment of the complete set when the first two were already celebrated and hyped up to show the importance it meant to the franchise?

Unless 343i/MS hates money, it seems more likely to me that Halo 3 Anniversary will be used to help hype the Scorpio (seeing as both would come out later this year), and since there is no PC port of the MCC, it would seem logical to release MCC with H3A on both Scorpio and PC, where it would run and look better than it did on its original launch to entice sales. They could allow original MCC owners to download a H3A update for the remastered cutscenes and any potential updates to improve MCC from it's previous state (can't say whether they'd offer it to us for free or not). They could also offer us a Halo 6 multiplayer Beta as they did for Halo 5 with MCC.

It's unlikely nothing will be shown for Halo 6. Even if Halo 6 only comes out in 2019, they usually show off a teaser trailer minimum two years prior to release, so I'm not buying it.

With MCC known for it's terrible launch and overall failure, I can't say they'd necessarily want to bring it up again (would rather release H3A separately) unless say, Bonnie Ross came on stage to talk about it, such as how the project was overly ambitious, but had taught them a lot going forward while offering a free update to original owners in an attempt to redeem themselves (long shot thinking here).

Obviously 343i isn't going to talk about it and deny it if the intent is to surprise everyone, but hey, maybe they really wont be doing it and continue to disappoint. No surprise there. Either way, if they do not remaster the entire game, the least they could do to acknowledge H3's 10th would be to offer us remastered Blur cutscenes, which there was some sort of screenshot shown off of Arbiter, Chief, and Johnson in the snow that looked like Blur's work.

I'd equally love to see ODST get the Blur cutscene treatment as well, if only to see a CGI Huragok.
To me it's more of a they're not confident because of how the mcc panned out
Which is a legit concern. It's a very sensitive subject and situation, but to outright ignore H3's 10th all together because of it? I'm just as fine with them offering H3A separate from MCC, and I would even gladly pay for it, I just think it's a real shame to not show any form of acknowledgement to such an important landmark in the franchise.

Granted, Campaign: updated graphics, Blur cutscenes, and potential new story stuff via new terminals are my personal reasons for wanting a H3A. I've seen a lot of people say they have no interest or do not want it to happen at all, but only say that in regards to multiplayer.
Even if was 40 dollars and a separate buy from the mcc I still wouldn't buy it,halo wars 2 actually might have been my last Halo game I bought.343 doesn't have my respect or loyalty and I don't like the direction of the halo franchise right now
Yeah, Reach Anniversary would just be a bit much. Plus I'm pretty sure that's when they started branching away from the "Marathon" aesthetics.
Plus an anniversary edition for that game wouldn't come out for 3 more years,that's if they suck to that 10 year anniversary plan
I just want that they focus more the story of Halo 6 on Chief and Thel.
343 can't reveal Halo 6 until the franchise gains fans. In my opinion, a solid spin-off with classic gameplay is the best option to regain millions of fans. A TV show could potentially bring in fans, but I don't think it will be popular enough to do so, regardless of quality. Anything else, whether it be DLC or some new mini-game, will only dilute Halo further.
Halo 3 Anniversary most likely. To 'Finish the Fight' and trilogy.
No. No no no no no.

It has been confirmed multiple times over by 343 and even Phil Spencer that there is no H3A happening.
We've been burned once already on that one though: H2A anyone?

Plus a large number (by no means all, though) of us reeeeaaaallllyyyy want it. Until September 25th and/or Halo 6 release date come round this one won't be going away.

I'm hoping it means Microsoft is giving them an extra year on H6 for a 2019 release.
Agreed. H6 needs to nail it. An extra year is fine as long as it does.

Ka Five wrote:
Wildcard:

Spielberg Halo.
Yes this. I was reading something not to long ago about this and phil spencer said the project was very much alive.

I do believe though we still get a halo 6 teaser trailer and halo 6 will still release in 2018. Just no gameplay or demo. Halo comes out every 4 years doesn't it?
I would love this. I just pray thatbit is done right.

It's becoming a crowded market though with Star Trek: Discovery soon to launch
Lady Owl wrote:
Lady Owl wrote:
I do not in the slightest believe 343i when they say there wont be a H3A; it makes no logical sense. Why ignore the 10th anniversary of such an iconic and successful game that, like Halo 1 and 2, brought in a tremendous amount of fans to the franchise? That was a lot of people's first Halo experience? Why ignore celebrating the third and final installment of the complete set when the first two were already celebrated and hyped up to show the importance it meant to the franchise?

Unless 343i/MS hates money, it seems more likely to me that Halo 3 Anniversary will be used to help hype the Scorpio (seeing as both would come out later this year), and since there is no PC port of the MCC, it would seem logical to release MCC with H3A on both Scorpio and PC, where it would run and look better than it did on its original launch to entice sales. They could allow original MCC owners to download a H3A update for the remastered cutscenes and any potential updates to improve MCC from it's previous state (can't say whether they'd offer it to us for free or not). They could also offer us a Halo 6 multiplayer Beta as they did for Halo 5 with MCC.

It's unlikely nothing will be shown for Halo 6. Even if Halo 6 only comes out in 2019, they usually show off a teaser trailer minimum two years prior to release, so I'm not buying it.

With MCC known for it's terrible launch and overall failure, I can't say they'd necessarily want to bring it up again (would rather release H3A separately) unless say, Bonnie Ross came on stage to talk about it, such as how the project was overly ambitious, but had taught them a lot going forward while offering a free update to original owners in an attempt to redeem themselves (long shot thinking here).

Obviously 343i isn't going to talk about it and deny it if the intent is to surprise everyone, but hey, maybe they really wont be doing it and continue to disappoint. No surprise there. Either way, if they do not remaster the entire game, the least they could do to acknowledge H3's 10th would be to offer us remastered Blur cutscenes, which there was some sort of screenshot shown off of Arbiter, Chief, and Johnson in the snow that looked like Blur's work.

I'd equally love to see ODST get the Blur cutscene treatment as well, if only to see a CGI Huragok.
Which is a legit concern. It's a very sensitive subject and situation, but to outright ignore H3's 10th all together because of it? I'm just as fine with them offering H3A separate from MCC, and I would even gladly pay for it, I just think it's a real shame to not show any form of acknowledgement to such an important landmark in the franchise.

Granted, Campaign: updated graphics, Blur cutscenes, and potential new story stuff via new terminals are my personal reasons for wanting a H3A. I've seen a lot of people say they have no interest or do not want it to happen at all, but only say that in regards to multiplayer.
Even if was 40 dollars and a separate buy from the mcc I still wouldn't buy it,halo wars 2 actually might have been my last Halo game I bought.343 doesn't have my respect or loyalty and I don't like the direction of the halo franchise right now
As much as I'm unhappy with a lot of 343i's choices, so long as they offer something I can enjoy, I can't just outright abandoned Halo; it just means too much to me. Unless 343 changes Halo so much it isn't Halo anymore.

And sure, something will probably be wrong with a potential H3A and Halo 6, but I'm sure there will also be some things done right that I can still enjoy. Regardless, it's your right to not support them if they continuously make you more unhappy than not.
Lady Owl wrote:
Lady Owl wrote:
Lady Owl wrote:

As much as I'm unhappy with a lot of 343i's choices, so long as they offer something I can enjoy, I can't just outright abandoned Halo; it just means too much to me. Unless 343 changes Halo so much it isn't Halo anymore.

And sure, something will probably be wrong with a potential H3A and Halo 6, but I'm sure there will also be some things done right that I can still enjoy. Regardless, it's your right to not support them if they continuously make you more unhappy than not.
Only halo game I play atm is halo wars 2,and it's getting worse and worse for me.....terrible teammates,repetitive maps,etc... I still have halo 5,but there's nothing there for me,I have all cosmetics and vehicles and weapons that aren't hidden behind a pay wall and I beat the game on solo and Co op legendary....there is no replay value for me right now
Lady Owl wrote:
Lady Owl wrote:
Lady Owl wrote:

And for me the negatives vastly outweigh the positives,so it's hard for me to even enjoy 343's halo games
I Bobby l wrote:
343 can't reveal Halo 6 until the franchise gains fans. In my opinion, a solid spin-off with classic gameplay is the best option to regain millions of fans. A TV show could potentially bring in fans, but I don't think it will be popular enough to do so, regardless of quality. Anything else, whether it be DLC or some new mini-game, will only dilute Halo further.
343 has burned former and current fans so much I doubt they will bring back any significant number of fans regardless of what they put out in the future
Lady Owl wrote:
Lady Owl wrote:
Lady Owl wrote:

Only halo game I play atm is halo wars 2,and it's getting worse and worse for me.....terrible teammates,repetitive maps,etc... I still have halo 5,but there's nothing there for me,I have all cosmetics and vehicles and weapons that aren't hidden behind a pay wall and I beat the game on solo and Co op legendary....there is no replay value for me right now
I hear you on Halo Wars 2. I am a big fan of the first Halo Wars and was looking so forward to HW2, but the lack of story and cutscenes in the campaign (no Atriox side), and yes, the terrible teammates that constantly quit or lag out.. or just never know what they're doing in comparison to my opponents who are always competent, it has become a real drag to even try to play anymore.

But I will say that having no replay value for a game is an inevitable issue with most games. People will eventually unlock/finish everything, or the multiplayer will get tiresome or unbearable. Can't really blame Halo for that one as it can happen with any game, but I do understand. Sadly for me, Halo 4 and 5's campaigns were not very replay friendly. I remember replaying the first 3 Halos (especially H3), over and over again, but I can't seem to care to do the same for 4 and 5.
I Bobby l wrote:
Can't gain fans if they never reveal a new game, either. ;)

But in all seriousness, while a TV show could be interesting to some people, that doesn't mean those interested in a show will be gamers (there are plenty of Halo fans who just love the lore and never even touch the games). And unless Halo has a budget on par with Game of Thrones or West World, or even The Walking Dead, I don't see it gaining much popularity with the average majority; the current live action Halo stuff is pretty cheesy.. especially on the effects and outfits/costumes, for the majority to be as forgiving as a long time fan might be.
Since this seems to be the officially unofficial E3 thread now, I feel the need to share the international E3 presentation times here. So uh...

Link

Hope this helps someone or anyone.
Lady Owl wrote:
Lady Owl wrote:
Lady Owl wrote:
Lady Owl wrote:

I hear you on Halo Wars 2. I am a big fan of the first Halo Wars and was looking so forward to HW2, but the lack of story and cutscenes in the campaign (no Atriox side), and yes, the terrible teammates that constantly quit or lag out.. or just never know what they're doing in comparison to my opponents who are always competent, it has become a real drag to even try to play anymore.

But I will say that having no replay value for a game is an inevitable issue with most games. People will eventually unlock/finish everything, or the multiplayer will get tiresome or unbearable. Can't really blame Halo for that one as it can happen with any game, but I do understand. Sadly for me, Halo 4 and 5's campaigns were not very replay friendly. I remember replaying the first 3 Halos (especially H3), over and over again, but I can't seem to care to do the same for 4 and 5.
Agreed,halo 4 and 5 campaigns are dull and don't have any memorable missions like halo 1-3 had
ronnie42 wrote:
Probably for the best, 343i need to take their time before they make the mistakes of Halo 4,5. They really need to study video breakdown's online and see where to go with the franchise since there are plenty of good video's out that explain what went wrong with things like the art style, etc...
The art style in Halo 4 and 5 were great. What are you on about?
Halo 4,5's weren't great. The environment was fine, there's many different visuals that were good/bad but of an example of a bad thing would be like Halo 5's UI or the redesigns of the Elites that make them look more like Brutes, etc...

It might help to look at links like this, this, this.
The thing is sure some people might find 343i's art style to be perfect but once you get into the talking about the changes from a design point of view, why some of it doesn't make sense then it helps to keep a consistent look of what's already been established instead of changing for the sake of change.

Either way they need to think about what works in future Halo games, what doesn't.
Whatever it is I hope it brings more about Blue Team!
H3A with an invitation to the Halo 6 beta, which is due sometime next year.

I'd bank my mortgage on it.

Ka Five wrote:

Okay, Frank O'Connor.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 9