Forums / Community / General Discussion

Opinions on an ODST inspired multiplayer?

OP Pdyz

ODST slayer on Halo 5: Guardians really opened my eye! I just can’t help but imagine New Mombasa inspired maps and an all out warfare, with different ODST player buildups.

Whats your opinion, what would you add and how do you, think it’ll work?
This sounds like a lot of fun. Can't say I played much of the ODST Slayer but I always imagined as a young kid when Halo 3 ODST came out what it would be like if it had a multiplayer.
This would be an interesting concept with lowered health and more specific weapons
I think it would be cool actually, I know I enjoy the game mode when it comes out because it feels fresh having to change up my style of playing.
Moyer wrote:
This would be an interesting concept with lowered health and more specific weapons
I agree completely. I think it sounds very cool!
ODST Slayer is a great playlist. It revolves around aiming skill and positioning rather than spamming Spartan abilities to win fights.
tuhin94 wrote:
ODST Slayer is a great playlist. It revolves around aiming skill and positioning rather than spamming Spartan abilities to win fights.
Just like the good ole days! 🍻
It would be really cool if 343 made a New Mombasa map with ODST elements with different capture points that you need to win. I could see myself enjoying an ODST multiplayer as I really liked ODST slayer when it was in H5.
SWAT game modes should include ODST player models and appropriate movement.
My dream ODST multiplayer experience would be something like Metal Gear Online (not the MGSV version, the other two). Slow, tactical gameplay where even when you are playing with randoms, you must coordinate or all but guarantee you lose the match. Maybe add special capture points on the map that allow you to call back your fallen allies (via ODST drop pod, of course).
A unique ODST MP would be interesting but I wouldn't want it to be a "Swat 2.0" but I really don't know how something like this would be. What most people think is just taking H3: ODST and throwing some multiplayer maps/game modes for ODST but this wouldn't be anymore different than a custom game/what H5 did for their ODST game mode.
If you’re talking about as an ODST admittedly as cool as that sounds I’d think it would be a bad idea. The only way I can see this working if it wasn’t a main title (infinite comes out and year or two later they release Halo ODST2). If that’s the case sign me up I would love to play as an ODST again