2. ...
  3. 40
  4. 41
  5. 42
  6. 43
  7. 44
  8. ...
  9. 118
If there's one thing Arkham Origins did right- it's Bane. So much better than Rocksteady's version.
Goooooooooood night OT.

My other questions being, is Arkham Origins, AC Unity, and Battlefield Hardline worth the investment? I've invested in each series so far, but I've heard shaky things about each, enough to put off my purchase until now.
As of now.....none. AC Unity is fixed now, but has some glaring flaws in the game itself. As for Hardline, the netcode is once again terrible. It might just be my internet, though. I don't know about Arkham Origins, but judging from what other people said...yeah.

Anyway, how's your day going everyone?
ERUN BANE wrote:
Goooooooooood night OT.

My other questions being, is Arkham Origins, AC Unity, and Battlefield Hardline worth the investment? I've invested in each series so far, but I've heard shaky things about each, enough to put off my purchase until now.

As of now.....none. AC Unity is fixed now, but has some glaring flaws in the game itself. As for Hardline, the netcode is once again terrible. It might just be my internet, though. I don't know about Arkham Origins, but judging from what other people said...yeah.

AC Unity is awesome. That's the only one I can speak for. I got it recently, so I haven't had any problems.

And my day is lovely so far. How's your's?
avak124 wrote:
If there's one thing Arkham Origins did right- it's Bane. So much better than Rocksteady's version.
I always liked Bane as a kid... Nowadays I just think of the Prophet's Bane when I hear Bane, lol...

Morning OT, btw...
ERUN BANE wrote:
Goooooooooood night OT.

AC Unity is awesome. That's the only one I can speak for. I got it recently, so I haven't had any problems.

AC Unity is good, yes. But, it's more of a "get it on sale" game. Sure it's fun, but as I said, there are a few glaring flaws.

*cough cough* story *cough cough* smoke bombs *cough cough* lack of actual stealth moves while combat system encourages stealth *cough cough*
ERUN BANE wrote:
ERUN BANE wrote:
Goooooooooood night OT.

AC Unity is good, yes. But, it's more of a "get it on sale" game. Sure it's fun, but as I said, there are a few glaring flaws.

*cough cough* story *cough cough* smoke bombs *cough cough* lack of actual stealth moves while combat system encourages stealth *cough cough*
Once again, smoke bombs are the bane of AC. I don't know the problem they pose in Unity, but I do know they were abhorred for their overpoweredness and cheapness in the past few Assassin Creed games.
“Soon Halo’s reclamation will begin, but when it does, the weight of your denial will stay your feet, and you shall be left behind ”
So it looks like I'll be tackling Dead Space 3, then Sunset Overdrive and then Arkham City in that order (mostly because that's the order of nearest completion for me). Most of the reason I've held off on Unity and Hardline is because my XB1 Hard Drive is out of space (hooray! -_____-), and I'll have to buy an external to install any more games. The nine games I have I'll still play on occasion so I refuse to uninstall them.
ERUN BANE wrote:
ERUN BANE wrote:
Goooooooooood night OT.

Would you like a cough drop?
ERUN BANE wrote:
ERUN BANE wrote:
Goooooooooood night OT.

Once again, smoke bombs are the bane of AC. I don't know the problem they pose in Unity, but I do know they were abhorred for their overpoweredness and cheapness in the past few Assassin Creed games.

Well, the AC games in the past had unbelievably easy combat, so you wouldn't be as inclined to use smoke bombs. Then, in AC Unity, we got the slow parry-hit-parry rhythm game combat, which makes blocking or dodging attacks much harder, which is where the smoke bombs come into play. In ACR, for example, you only got four smoke bombs. However, in AC Unity, you have at least five smoke bombs (I believe), which is marginally increased with better gear--my five star gear set accommodates twelve smoke bombs. Couple that with the lack of cooldown, and you have yourself the ultimate cheese bomb.

ERUN BANE wrote:
ERUN BANE wrote:
Goooooooooood night OT.

Would you like a cough drop?
*cough cough* y...yeah...*cough cough*my cold seems to progressively get..*cough*..worse....
Good morning OT!
Baron Kit wrote:
Baron Kit wrote:
You know, why do people think companies care about pre orders when preorders are not what they look at? And to my knowledge the companies don't get preorder money (hence why you can cancel) am I wrong? I am seriously asking.

You've got to be approaching ODST - Onyx fast!! You've been on a roll lately with post count!

Lol yeah getting into all these debates in the h5g section is boosting me.

I can only imagine the things I've had to post through to get to where I am. Also Kat, new homework for you. Watch Steven Universe. I've already converted about three people into becoming fans, it is just fantastic. It's almost worth it for the songs alone.
This is late but I'll check it out.
Okay. It looks like Killing Floor 2 is going to be my choice for GOTY 2015.

Everything in it so far seems amazing. The visuals, the gore, the weapons, the new reloading animations that were motion capped on real professional soldiers, the new look of the enemies and the map designs.

To anyone who is interested:

Spoiler:
Show
avak124 wrote:
Exactly. Bane is supposed to be a genius. Not some dumb brute.
I keep hearing people saying good things about the Arkham games, and I keep telling myself I need to try them out. Since I just bought a wave of games, though, I doubt I'll pick any of them up soon.
I keep hearing people saying good things about the Arkham games, and I keep telling myself I need to try them out. Since I just bought a wave of games, though, I doubt I'll pick any of them up soon.
As long as you get to them eventually. I could argue that they're worth playing for the story alone, a rare thing for comic-based video games.

As long as you get to them eventually. I could argue that they're worth playing for the story alone, a rare thing for comic-based video games.
Hmm, could be. I just finished Far Cry 3's campaign, and that story pretty.much drained me of enthusiasm for video game stories for a while. Man, it's uncomfortably mature. I only played through it for the open world, which is one of the most fun open worlds I've ever played.
Good day Spartans
Guys Guys Guys! What did I say about talking about games that I know nothing of!

jk, Afternoon OT!

Good day Spartans
Good day to you!

Hmm, could be. I just finished Far Cry 3's campaign, and that story pretty.much drained me of enthusiasm for video game stories for a while. Man, it's uncomfortably mature. I only played through it for the open world, which is one of the most fun open worlds I've ever played.
Never did get into Far Cry. I guess I just can't get over how Rage, a superior open world shooter in my opinion, doesn't have a sequel yet, and may not ever get one.
ERUN BANE wrote:
ERUN BANE wrote:
Goooooooooood night OT.

I remember the good ol days when you could only have like 3-5 smoke bombs. My assassin in Unity has about 15 of them now. I can just spam them all day since I can refill them every few minutes with my special ability. It's kinda OP.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 40
  4. 41
  5. 42
  6. 43
  7. 44
  8. ...
  9. 118