Forums / Community / General Discussion

Other campaign games

OP RedPandaRiot

Halo is known for it's amazing campaigns (besides Halo 5). But some other games also have some pretty good campaigns. Let me know what other games have good campaigns in your opinion.
Mine are: Titanfall 2, Super smash bros Brawl and Call of Duty: Black ops 2.
Medal of Honor (Older ones, can't speak for the newer ones), Tales of Symphonia, and Gears of War have great stories and campaigns. If we're talking about hidden stories/games without campaigns to speak of, Ark comes to mind as one with a great story that is hidden for you to find if you actually want to know about it.
Battlefield tends to have fun singleplayer missions. I think the Modern Warfare 2 campaign was fun. GTA and RDR are also hard hitting titles.
Titanfall 2 was unexpectedly awesome. Felt like Respawn took a page out of the books of old Halo campaigns with good storytelling and characters you grew close to.

I enjoyed DOOM a ton and it remains one of my all-time favorites. Story and lore is there if you’re interested, otherwise it’s all gameplay and music to fuel the gameplay.
The older Medal Of Honor game games had some great stories... Medal of Honor Airborne, Spearhead, Pacific Assault, ect ect.
When we weren't playing Halo, my brother and I were pretty into Assassins Creed. We haven't kept up with it for a while, but back when it first started, the story line that developed over the first few games was really intriguing.
Thanks guys!
Thanks guys!
Aside from Halo games, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Shadow of the Tomb Raider would top my list, and I suggest should be played by anyone who likes great graphics and scenery. :-)
Medal of Honor franchise, Early Call of Duty games (stops at WaW), Battlefield Bad Company 1 & 2, Mass Effect 1, 2, 3, and the Gears of War franchise are among my top.
Just off the top of my head:
Doom (2016)
COD WaW, Black Ops 1 and 2
Deus Ex Human Revolution and Mankind Divided (although the ending to the latter is quite abrupt)
Kingdom Hearts I and II (as well as every other game in the series except for Re:Coded)
Metal Gear Solid 1-4
Star Wars Republic Commando, while it is an old game, it is by far one of my favourite games