OP tsassi

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5
VividSnow wrote:
I know they don’t release the data but I’d very interesting in seeing Halo 5’s population graph. I just want to know the current daily average. I feel like I’m playing the same 25-50 players everyday...
Halo 5 was hurt when MCC became the main featured / updated / tournament game (which REALLY ruined Halo for me, personally). I loved every game in MCC, years and years ago (:
What an excllent read.

There are probably numerous hypotheses for why newer Halo games don't hold populations as well as their predecessors. I wonder if the saturation of the FPS genre has change how Shooters hold population.
Mora than that is probably because of the FPS genre trends. Arena shooters don't draw in as much people as they once did, it evolved into Hero shooters (dominated by Overwatch) Battle Royale (dominated by Fortnite) and Twitch shooters (COD and CS:GO) and whatever the hell Ubisoft is doing with Rainbow Six. Also we have to take in account that Microsoft's reputation among the gamer community dwindled alot during the Xbone release thanks to Mattrick being a complete -Yoinking!- -Yoink-. Also we have to take in account that Halo 4 for example couldn't capture the audiences with it's mediocre multiplayer (I like the story tho) and Halo 5 was a complete mess aside from the multiplayer which is great, but it came out at a time when the brand wasn't as strong, thanks to the misleading publicity campaign, the microtransactions fiasco etc. Halo Infinite might bring a lot new people because IMO the hype is high not Halo 3 level high but still if it delivers I can see a population spike and new mainteinance levels, kinda like what happened with COD, whose population dwindled and decreased until MW remaster came out and it reinvigorated the franchise.
We're necrobumping, but I don't know if its appropriate to start a new thread copying and pasting about this. To be on topic I think the community has long dawned for an answer and the speculations we have is very much true to the competition of games released the same year or retaining their populations alongside Halo's titles. I don't think theirs much to discuss personally because most people argue about population to prove that Halo is dead or dying, coming into the conversation with that mental.

On a side note, looks like OP became a Monitor from that time (which I don't believe he was a moderator here) congrats.
J Teeps wrote:
VividSnow wrote:
I know they don’t release the data but I’d very interesting in seeing Halo 5’s population graph. I just want to know the current daily average. I feel like I’m playing the same 25-50 players everyday...
Halo 5 was hurt when MCC became the main featured / updated / tournament game (which REALLY ruined Halo for me, personally). I loved every game in MCC, years and years ago (:
Wait, the MCC ruined Halo for you?
We're necrobumping, but I don't know if its appropriate to start a new thread copying and pasting about this.
This is one of those topics that we're ok with being revived, due to historical value of the conversations and data contained within
On a side note, looks like OP became a Monitor from that time (which I don't believe he was a moderator here) congrats.
Tsassi has been a mod here for a good while, he was a mod at the time of posting
J Teeps wrote:
VividSnow wrote:
It did for me to, the 2 years I had more time to play the game would crash, campaign resets and achievements wouldn't unlocked. Most of my friends stuck by that and don't play anymore. Games themselves are gold of course I still play Halo.

I don't think Halo 5: Guardians was hurt or anything by MCC coming back around again. Both Halo's keep a decent population, search times were faster during launch for MCC but its leveled out for me.
J Teeps wrote:
VividSnow wrote:
The focus on Halo MCC ruined my desire to play Halo in 2019/2020, yes. I love every Halo game. I've played them all a ton. Got all of the achievements for each game, played MM, campaigns, all the things... Halo CE is my favorite Halo game of all time, followed by Halo 3. You're talking to a true classic Halo fan here.

However, Halo 5, to me, is a lot more fun to watch in tournament play (and the numbers on Twitch back me up by about 3x per tournament) in 2019-2020, and it's a better MM experience from a playing perspective as well (I'm not a competitive player by any stretch, but I have lost interest in the scene as a whole).

Don't get me wrong, I played some MCC tonight. It's my favorite game of all time (as it contains all of my favorite games of all time, barring Halo 5)... But if you are asking me about the time of NOW, yes, it ruined Halo momentum for me. Other more relevant games have taken over.

Keep in mind, by 'ruined' I strictly mean focusing on MCC as the 'main' current Halo game (instead of Halo 5 transitioning into Infinite). I should have been more clear, as this could easily be taken out of context.
J Teeps wrote:
J Teeps wrote:
VividSnow wrote:
The focus on Halo MCC ruined my desire to play Halo in 2019/2020, yes. I love every Halo game. I've played them all a ton. Got all of the achievements for each game, played MM, campaigns, all the things... Halo CE is my favorite Halo game of all time, followed by Halo 3. You're talking to a true classic Halo fan here.

However, Halo 5, to me, is a lot more fun to watch in tournament play (and the numbers on Twitch back me up by about 3x per tournament) in 2019-2020, and it's a better MM experience from a playing perspective as well (I'm not a competitive player by any stretch, but I have lost interest in the scene as a whole).

Don't get me wrong, I played some MCC tonight. It's my favorite game of all time (as it contains all of my favorite games of all time, barring Halo 5)... But if you are asking me about the time of NOW, yes, it ruined Halo momentum for me. Other more relevant games have taken over.

Keep in mind, by 'ruined' I strictly mean focusing on MCC as the 'main' current Halo game (instead of Halo 5 transitioning into Infinite). I should have been more clear, as this could easily be taken out of context.
Halo 5 has no clue about a proper halo game. So, what's the point?
Halo 3 easily beat all of these games when looking at those charts.

infinite needs to go back to the roots clearly. We can only hope.
J Teeps wrote:
J Teeps wrote:
VividSnow wrote:
"Main?" There is no "Main" Halo game. There is the Main Story found in Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo: Reach, Halo 4, and Halo 5. But there is no "Main Game." Only the Main Story. The reason people like MCC over Halo 4 and 5 is because, while it was not nearly as good (especially the lighting and VFX) as the originals, it is still the best gameplay. I am pretty sure I can speak for most of us here, we don't hate Halo 4 and 5 just because Bungie did not make it. I doubt a lot of us are resentful of Bungie or 343I. We hate the games 343I made because of the Game Mechanics. We did not want COD in Halo 4 Multiplayer. We wanted Splitscreen and a much better campaign that had more chief missions in Halo 5, The Art Style was way too far from the original. We don't hate these games for their lack of creativity. I think we can appreciate 343I taking on a game once believed to have been dead due to Bungie's departure. I think they are doing better with MCC than Bungie did. Considering Bungie had to hire the now defunct GameSpy to make the PC Port for Halo 1 and 2. I own both and say 343I did a much better job. 343I is trying their best. They failed us twice. But at least they listen. Halo 4 had an awful multiplayer. But a fairly decent, but not great, campaign. Halo 5 has a pretty fun multiplayer. But the campaign was technically a story based on Locke rather than Chief considering over 50% of the missions are played as Locke. I don't mind playing as two characters. We all did it in Halo 2. But we don't want over 50% of the game to be played as someone other than Chief. So, 3rd time's the charm!
J Teeps wrote:
J Teeps wrote:
VividSnow wrote:
"Main?" There is no "Main" Halo game. There is the Main Story found in Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo: Reach, Halo 4, and Halo 5. But there is no "Main Game." Only the Main Story. The reason people like MCC over Halo 4 and 5 is because, while it was not nearly as good (especially the lighting and VFX) as the originals, it is still the best gameplay. I am pretty sure I can speak for most of us here, we don't hate Halo 4 and 5 just because Bungie did not make it. I doubt a lot of us are resentful of Bungie or 343I. We hate the games 343I made because of the Game Mechanics. We did not want COD in Halo 4 Multiplayer. We wanted Splitscreen and a much better campaign that had more chief missions in Halo 5, The Art Style was way too far from the original. We don't hate these games for their lack of creativity. I think we can appreciate 343I taking on a game once believed to have been dead due to Bungie's departure. I think they are doing better with MCC than Bungie did. Considering Bungie had to hire the now defunct GameSpy to make the PC Port for Halo 1 and 2. I own both and say 343I did a much better job. 343I is trying their best. They failed us twice. But at least they listen. Halo 4 had an awful multiplayer. But a fairly decent, but not great, campaign. Halo 5 has a pretty fun multiplayer. But the campaign was technically a story based on Locke rather than Chief considering over 50% of the missions are played as Locke. I don't mind playing as two characters. We all did it in Halo 2. But we don't want over 50% of the game to be played as someone other than Chief. So, 3rd time's the charm!
Current competitive tournament game*
J Teeps wrote:
J Teeps wrote:
J Teeps wrote:
VividSnow wrote:
Current competitive tournament game*
I see. Got it.
Nice job very informative
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5