Forums / Community / General Discussion

Please modernise punic class

OP BroodGuitar3757

I would love to see these updated and added to the post war collection they are an awesome ship
While the Punic-class ships are an awesome classification, I was under the impression that the Infinity-class was meant to replace them as the UNSC's go-to supercarrier. Kinda like how the Autumn-class was an updated version of the Halcyon-class.
Why not have both
Why not have both
Well that's kinda like saying "why doesn't the United States deploy diesel powered subs alongside nuclear powered subs?"

And the answer is because one is technologically superior to the other. It's the same reason the UNSC doesn't make Halcyon-class cruisers anymore. The Autumn-class is just better.
The Infinity-class ship is far superior to the Punic-class, no doubt about that. But the problem is...the Infinity-class is really expensive, and there's only one operational vessel. There's likely some Punic-class ships still in service that could be modernized to bulk up the UNSC navy - similar to how the US upgraded its remaining WW1-era ships in the early years of the Second World War.
Why not have both
Well that's kinda like saying "why doesn't the United States deploy diesel powered subs alongside nuclear powered subs?"

And the answer is because one is technologically superior to the other. It's the same reason the UNSC doesn't make Halcyon-class cruisers anymore. The Autumn-class is just better.
Nuclear are also a lot more silent which is what submarines need lol, as little a profile as possible.
There's likely some Punic-class ships still in service that could be modernized to bulk up the UNSC navy - similar to how the US upgraded its remaining WW1-era ships in the early years of the Second World War.
With the UNSC on the defensive against the Created, it would be paramount to gather up as much fighting strength as possible, even if we'd have to procure and upgrade older ships like the Punic-class.
HaXoR73 wrote:
There's likely some Punic-class ships still in service that could be modernized to bulk up the UNSC navy - similar to how the US upgraded its remaining WW1-era ships in the early years of the Second World War.
With the UNSC on the defensive against the Created, it would be paramount to gather up as much fighting strength as possible, even if we'd have to procure and upgrade older ships like the Punic-class.
Okay so I can get behind this logic. Refitting old Punic-class ships would be appropriate in a Created-controlled galaxy where humanity is having to scrap together a fleet on the fly. It reminds me of the POA.. The UNSC brought an out-dated design back into service because they absolutely needed to.

Alright OP, I'm on board with Punic-class climbing back into the ring lol. Maybe if the Infinity gets destroyed in Infinite (fingers crossed), we could see a Punic-class ship taking over as the flagship of the UNSC Navy.