Skip to main content

Forums / Community / General Discussion

Please send this up to appropriate MS/343 Members

OP NathanIsMyName

Hello Spartans! The target of this Message is hopefully moved up the ladder to 343/MS and other appropriate parties.

I've been a Halo fan since I first saw it teased (long before it even became the FPS that we know know). And I'm certain I'm not the only one.

Yet, the current market has me incredibly worried. As a fan of the IP, I've accumulated a nice collection of Xbox systems, controllers, and of course games related to Halo.

However, in 2021? I can't help but find myself concerned for the release of Halo Infinite and it's associated products.

The bottom line is simply this: Could 343/MS/etc. seriously look into ways to ensure that there is enough product to go around that we won't have to buy through scalpers?

Personally I don't care if I get it day and date with the game. If I can just simply be guaranteeing a place in line, I'll gladly wait for the product to arrive. If there is a Halo edition of the Series X please give us the consumers/fans a reasonable way to purchase it that doesn't equate to hawking over sites like NowInStock as bots scoop up all the inventory.

Not to mention the potential and creative ways 343/MS could use things like gamerscore, account creation date, purchase activity, etc. to give players rolling access to pre-order the products they want! Systems that might not only reduce the impact of bots for Halo, but could be applied to all products released!

Thank you for your time, and I really hope this goes to the people that can truly reduce the frustration that bots and re-sale markets have introduced to the consumers in this industry.
Even with bots buying loads of consoles during restocks there's still a decent window available to buy them during that time. The restock I caught for a Series X lasted roughly 10 minutes before running out after I got a notification about it. Hell, I had time to go around telling other people about the restock.

The best way to go about it is setting up multiple alerts, and following accounts that will alert you as well. Not every application will always reliably alert you, so using numerous alerts is ideal. That way when one, or more fail you another will have you covered. The chip shortage is said to last till "second quarter next year", so hawking it is pretty much the only way to get one outside of getting lucky.

Alternatively I do know certain retail locations have begun stocking consoles on shelves although this is not all locations. Go to a local retailer and ask someone in the tech section as they will likely be able to point you to a retailer that is receiving restocks. I have also heard Microsoft has been having plenty of online restocks, but I've never seen them. You could also keep an eye on the Xbox Insider program as they've had an experimental pre-order program; however, I think that program has concluded for now.
This is why I'm glad I've gone all digital.
its sad that this even needs to be made lmao. From the bottom of my heart I want to say a warm -Yoink- you to all scalpers. and if you're a scalper browsing these forums, -Yoink- you.
its sad that this even needs to be made lmao. From the bottom of my heart I want to say a warm -Yoink- you to all scalpers. and if you're a scalper browsing these forums, -Yoink- you.
I second
JCMsergox wrote:
I second
I second your second, scalpers are scum and deserve nothing nice.
JCMsergox wrote:
I second
Honestly, the fact that Nintendo teased those new Skyward Sword Joycons to be limited edition, causing scalpers to load up on them only to find out that Gamestop had backlogs of them for MSRP was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.
JCMsergox wrote:
JCMsergox wrote:
I second
Honestly, the fact that Nintendo teased those new Skyward Sword Joycons to be limited edition, causing scalpers to load up on them only to find out that Gamestop had backlogs of them for MSRP was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.
Anything to screw the scalpers with, I am game for. Scalpers are seriously the scum of the earth.
Hello Spartans! The target of this Message is hopefully moved up the ladder to 343/MS and other appropriate parties.

I've been a Halo fan since I first saw it teased (long before it even became the FPS that we know know). And I'm certain I'm not the only one.

Yet, the current market has me incredibly worried. As a fan of the IP, I've accumulated a nice collection of Xbox systems, controllers, and of course games related to Halo.

However, in 2021? I can't help but find myself concerned for the release of Halo Infinite and it's associated products.

The bottom line is simply this: Could 343/MS/etc. seriously look into ways to ensure that there is enough product to go around that we won't have to buy through scalpers?

Personally I don't care if I get it day and date with the game. If I can just simply be guaranteeing a place in line, I'll gladly wait for the product to arrive. If there is a Halo edition of the Series X please give us the consumers/fans a reasonable way to purchase it that doesn't equate to hawking over sites like NowInStock as bots scoop up all the inventory.

Not to mention the potential and creative ways 343/MS could use things like gamerscore, account creation date, purchase activity, etc. to give players rolling access to pre-order the products they want! Systems that might not only reduce the impact of bots for Halo, but could be applied to all products released!

Thank you for your time, and I really hope this goes to the people that can truly reduce the frustration that bots and re-sale markets have introduced to the consumers in this industry.
Just for clarification, my concern isn't with simply securing any system/product.

Instead, my concern is specifically with the potential of Microsoft/343 and other partners putting out Halo branded products (like they have in the past).

For instance, if they were to create a Halo Infinite Xbox Series X console, or some Halo Infinite themed controllers/headsets/expansion cards/etc, or the real potential of having a Halo Infinite Legendary Edition. Many of these items have historically had a relatively limited run. Where I've never had an issue securing any of these items in the past for other Halo releases, with the boom of scalping... I just have my doubts that if 343/Microsoft don't try to do something about it... it could be very different this time around.
Was limited inventory and scalping an issue with the Xbox One? I wasn't really paying attention at the time because I was still playing my 360 when the One released. I guess I'm still confused how this is an issue. Is it just because of pandemic related shipping delays? Or is MS just not making very many consoles? Just curious because I haven't followed the issue closely.
scalpers suck
Plushhyyy wrote:
scalpers suck
I don't buy from them out of principle. If they don't get customers then they just lose money, hopefully there could be some collective boycott at some point but personally Ill just try to get it from the official source and if I cant I will usually wait. Of course I still make the occasional purchase second hand still but never for products that I suspect are being scalped.
But do you mean all your products? Including toys?