Forums / Community / General Discussion

Question about “Halo Gamerscore” on profile pages

OP Xwing Infinity

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
So on everyone’s profile page, it presents a total “Halo Gamerscore” at the top. I am presuming that this is pulling information from one’s very detailed and awesome “Service Record” section, which includes nearly every Halo game going back to Halo 2.

In this extensive list however, despite Halo Wars 2 being listed, neither Halo Wars 360 or Halo Wars Definitive are listed. Do achievements from those games count towards you total “Halo Gamerscore”?

Thanks in advance for your answers!
So on everyone’s profile page, it presents a total “Halo Gamerscore” at the top. I am presuming that this is pulling information from one’s very bugged, limited and nowhere near as good as Bungie's old “Service Record” section, which included heat maps back in the day and accurate play-by-play reporting for real statistics nerds.In this extensive list however, despite Halo Wars 2 being listed, neither Halo Wars 360 or Halo Wars Definitive are listed. Do achievements from those games count towards you total “Halo Gamerscore”?

Thanks in advanced for your answers!
Fixed. No thanks needed.

To answer your question: Probably not. *shrug?* It's most likely only the games that are listed in the list that counts towards the list of things that make up the gamerscore part of your profile.

I'm, of course, assuming considering I've never even noticed a "Halo Gamerscore" part of the profile until I found this question, honestly.
Freakster,

As someone who used Bungie.net back in the day, it was just as buggy as any other stat tracking website. Also the heat maps never worked for me at all, lol.

When I call the 343 service record awesome, I am talking about how far back it stretches. I think it’s really cool that they’ve held onto all of this information after all these years.
Freakster,

As someone who used Bungie.net back in the day, it was just as buggy as any other stat tracking website. Also the heat maps never worked for me at all, lol.

When I call the 343 service record awesome, I am talking about how far back it stretches. I think it’s really cool that they’ve held onto all of this information after all these years.
You know how many people would be really ticked if they didn't? I think it was more to save face with the community. Perhaps your internet was terrible. But I never had issues with the old stats, and the heat maps worked perfectly fine. Especially for Halo 2.
So on everyone’s profile page, it presents a total “Halo Gamerscore” at the top. I am presuming that this is pulling information from one’s very detailed and awesome “Service Record” section, which includes nearly every Halo game going back to Halo 2.

In this extensive list however, despite Halo Wars 2 being listed, neither Halo Wars 360 or Halo Wars Definitive are listed. Do achievements from those games count towards you total “Halo Gamerscore”?

I thought the 360 halo wars counted towards the halo gamer score could be mistaken but the definitive edition I know doesnt which I guess is ok
I thought the 360 halo wars counted towards the halo gamer score could be mistaken but the definitive edition I know doesnt which I guess is ok
How do you know for a fact the definitive edition doesn't count? Was someone from 343 quoted on this or is this just based on your own testing?
How do you know for a fact the definitive edition doesn't count? Was someone from 343 quoted on this or is this just based on your own testing?
All games listed on our service records are the games that count towards our overall halo gamerscores
Quote:
All games listed on our service records are the games that count towards our overall halo gamerscores
Ah, well that's a bummer. That makes Halo Wars 1 literally the only Halo game that doesn't count, lol. How weird.
If Halo Wars 1 doesn't count any longer, it's likely because the Halo Wars site was taken down last year
stckrboy wrote:
If Halo Wars 1 doesn't count any longer, it's likely because the Halo Wars site was taken down last year
Shouldn't they still count the gamescores though? All they have to do is look at our xbox profiles and see that we have achievements for it
I'm not exactly sure how it works. I cold be wrong that the external stats site was how it worked, would have to prod the web team
stckrboy wrote:
Shouldn't they still count the gamescores though? All they have to do is look at our xbox profiles and see that we have achievements for it
I was gonna say, our Xbox Live profiles still keep track of a lot of information they could pull from to make a service record page here on Waypoint. Like it tracks number of skulls and black boxes obtained in addition to achievements.
stckrboy wrote:
I'm not exactly sure how it works. I cold be wrong that the external stats site was how it worked, would have to prod the web team
Is there any place here in the forums or elsewhere where one can submit requests or questions to the web team?
I found an old thread about it Here.

Perhaps we can update the list to include new releases since then.
It would also be nice, as mentioned above, to get new games counted in the score.

For reference, here is the post from 2017 by Tdrow:
Quote:
So far a lot of people have posted that their Halo Waypoint Gamerscores is wrong, and they would be correct. There is currently a known issue were Waypoint is not calculating certain Halo games into the total Waypoint Gamerscore. So here is a breakdown of how Waypoint currently calculates your Halo Gamerscore.
Currently the Max Waypoint Gamerscore is 18,000. It should be 21,700 with all the other games added.

**Halo 2 (Pc) does not count towards your Waypoint Gamerscore**

Halo Games that count towards your Waypoint Gamerscore

Halo Reach – 1700 Gamerscore
Halo CE Anniversary – 1000 Gamerscore
Halo Master Chief Collection – 6000 Gamerscore
Halo 3 – 1750 Gamerscore
Halo 3 ODST – 1000 Gamerscore
Halo 4 – 2000 Gamerscore
Halo 5 – 1250 Gamerscore
Halo Spartan Assault Xbox 360 – 400 Gamerscore
Halo Spartan Assault Xbox One – 1000 Gamerscore
Halo Spartan Assault Windows 8.1 – 250 Gamerscore
Halo Spartan Assault Windows 8 Phone – 250 Gamerscore
Halo Spartan Strike Windows 8.1 – 200 Gamerscore
Halo Spartan Strike Windows 8 Phone – 200 Gamerscore
Halo Wars 2 – 1000 Gamerscore

Halo Games that currently do not count towards your Waypoint Gamerscore

Halo Wars – 1200 Gamerscore
Halo Wars Definitive Edition – 1500 Gamerscore
Halo 5 Forge (Pc) – 1000 Gamerscore

If you have any questions feel free to post them below.
It's not 100% accurate anymore, but it's somewhere to start!
Seems like the mods locked the thread you linked to Ashaman. At the very least, thanks for letting me know this has been a known thing for quite some time.

Maybe some day they’ll get around to adding Halo Wars 1 into the mix. Oh well. Not super important in the grand scheme.
Seems like the mods locked the thread you linked to Ashaman. At the very least, thanks for letting me know this has been a known thing for quite some time.

Maybe some day they’ll get around to adding Halo Wars 1 into the mix. Oh well. Not super important in the grand scheme.
Yeah, I shouldn't have commented on such an old thread.

But if you like, we can use that list here, and update it to today's total score.
At least then we'll have a list of what is properly included at the moment, and we'll know what still needs to be added!
I think the only difference today compared to the list from 2017 is the extra achievements added to Halo Wars 2 from its DLC, correct?
I think the only difference today compared to the list from 2017 is the extra achievements added to Halo Wars 2 from its DLC, correct?
That's definitely one difference, but I think there are more.

I have 19,530 of Halo Gamerscore, and I haven't finished MCC yet.

So perhaps one of the following is now included:
Halo Wars – 1200 Gamerscore
Halo Wars Definitive Edition – 1500 Gamerscore
Halo 5 Forge (Pc) – 1000 Gamerscore

[EDIT]I've done some analysis on my record, I have all my amounts posted on my Profile.
Looks like currently, Halo Wars 360 IS counted.
Also, it seems that the ones that are not are: Halo 2 (PC) and Halo Wars DE. That's just my guess

I can't comment on Forge yet, as I have 0 achievements, and can't tell if it would be added or not.
Assuming it isn't here is my version of what I think is currently included:

Spoiler:
Show
Can anyone confirm?

What about the Spartan games on iOS, and MCC China?
I can confirm at least that Halo Wars Definitive does not count. I noted my score as being 11,170 last night after posting this and before playing anything, got a couple achievements in HWD and it did not increase at all.

If I had to guess they probably made Halo 5 Forge count.

EDIT: Just saw your post edit, now I’m even more baffled that they count Halo Wars 360 but not Definitive. Would love to hear the reasoning behind that one.
I can confirm at least that Halo Wars Definitive does not count. I noted my score as being 11,170 last night after posting this and before playing anything, got a couple achievements in HWD and it did not increase at all.

If I had to guess they probably made Halo 5 Forge count.

EDIT: Just saw your post, now I’m even more baffled that they count Halo Wars 360 but not Definitive. Would love to hear the reasoning behind that one.
Yeah, maybe it's just something they are aware of but not really prioritizing.
HW 360 has been out for awhile, so maybe they finally got that one to link up, but haven't moved on to the others yet.
H2 PC is a long shot to get included, but I don't see why HW DE couldn't get added - and H5 Forge if it isn't already.

Hopefully it's just one of those "This thing doesn't really matter, but we'll get to it eventually" kind of things.

Looking forward to someone being able to confirm about Forge.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3