Skip to main content

Forums / Community / General Discussion

Questions about clans...

OP K27R

Who can answer these questions:

- What is the purpose of a clan?

- How do you make your clan stand out?

- What service do you think a good clan should offer?

- How do you keep the can active and engaged?

- How many rules should you have, and what should they be?

- What does the leader gain from his clan?

- What do you gain from joining a clan?

- Is the role play really worth it?

- Is the training necessary?

- What are the best methods needed to recruit successfully?

- Is it possible to have a casual care-free undisciplined clan?

- What are the main goals a clan should strive to achieve?

more questions will follow
K27R wrote:

Clan were invented at Florida State in 2002 when they realized they had to guard valuable treasures like the last slice of pizza, the chocolate sprinkle donut, and the stolen costume head of minnie mouse.

Quote:
I personally don't have one, but I've heard of Lts making clan members stand out in the rain if they were late or fell asleep while guarding one of the sacred treasures.

Quote:
Washing cars is always nice. Feeding the homeless. Maybe cleaning up graffiti off the walls, so it can be replaced with newer graffiti
Quote:
Well, if you get them to mingle and introduce them to like minded individuals they might find someone. Not sure that's really something you should bother with though. People are generally better left alone for that stuff.
Quote:
Don't bogart the ice cream.
Socks and shoes are not optional, but where you wear them is.
Hats are recommended.
Be kind to everyone, but not ricky. Ricky is the devil.
Quote:
- What does a ruler gain from his clan?
Rulers are pretty self sufficient in my experience, they just stay there happy to be put up against stuff so you can measure it. They do have a long running feud with yard sticks that you can help with if you really support them.

Quote:
Comraderie, being given orders by foul mouthed children, a deep sense of self-loathing.
Quote:
I think that'd be a question you'd be better off asking on a D&D or Final fantasy forum. We try to avoid that kind of silliness here.
Quote:
Yes, blenders are suprisingly complicated. If you don't get proper training on them you could be like jimmy two-fingers and lose an eye.
Quote:
Large cash payments tend to work or you could offer pastries.
Quote:
Sure, but who would protect the last slice of pizza?
Quote:
- What are the main goals a clan should expect to have?
Protect the pizza.
Protect the minnie mouse head.
Protect the chocolate sprinkle donut.
Be aggressive, B E Aggressive.
Quote:
Is that a threat?
Guys, I’m genuinely interested. Please comment because it has killed me to figure it all out on my own.
The only things I know of are the commendations, Achilles set from getting 3 stars on all Company commendations (armor) and from getting all 5 stars on all Spartan Company Commendations (helmet), and points for your company. I think they have to do something with conventions. A leader can appoint/demote lieutenants, who make up the leadership. Leadership can accept/refuse new members, manage their team, and block users. Leaders exclusively can resign as leader and permanently disband the company.

Thanks for that strange (maybe true) history of clans, Hermy.
K27R wrote:

Clan were invented at Florida State in 2002 when they realized they had to guard valuable treasures like the last slice of pizza, the chocolate sprinkle donut, and the stolen costume head of minnie mouse.

Quote:
I personally don't have one, but I've heard of Lts making clan members stand out in the rain if they were late or fell asleep while guarding one of the sacred treasures.

Quote:
Washing cars is always nice. Feeding the homeless. Maybe cleaning up graffiti off the walls, so it can be replaced with newer graffiti
Quote:
Well, if you get them to mingle and introduce them to like minded individuals they might find someone. Not sure that's really something you should bother with though. People are generally better left alone for that stuff.
Quote:
Don't bogart the ice cream.
Socks and shoes are not optional, but where you wear them is.
Hats are recommended.
Be kind to everyone, but not ricky. Ricky is the devil.
Quote:
- What does a ruler gain from his clan?
Rulers are pretty self sufficient in my experience, they just stay there happy to be put up against stuff so you can measure it. They do have a long running feud with yard sticks that you can help with if you really support them.

Quote:
Comraderie, being given orders by foul mouthed children, a deep sense of self-loathing.
Quote:
I think that'd be a question you'd be better off asking on a D&D or Final fantasy forum. We try to avoid that kind of silliness here.
Quote:
Yes, blenders are suprisingly complicated. If you don't get proper training on them you could be like jimmy two-fingers and lose an eye.
Quote:
Large cash payments tend to work or you could offer pastries.
Quote:
Sure, but who would protect the last slice of pizza?
Quote:
- What are the main goals a clan should expect to have?
Protect the pizza.
Protect the minnie mouse head.
Protect the chocolate sprinkle donut.
Be aggressive, B E Aggressive.
Quote:
Is that a threat?
I’ve never laughed so hard at a monitor response in my life. However next time you won’t be so successful in saving the last slice of pizza! We will reclaim it!
So back in the Halo 3 days, I was in a few clans. If you ever played an MMORPG, clans are somewhat equivalent to guilds. It’s a group of people to play regularly with and to share knowledge and hang out with, to keep from having to have random teammates in every game. We used to do custom games nights where we would split into teams and just spend a few hours having a blast. Other nights we would team up for social slayer or BTB. I made some wonderful friends that I am still in contact with today. I actually came here looking for one, but there doesn’t seem much activity in that area, sadly. What can a clan give you? Memories like this: https://youtu.be/1RK5-WHJoAE
So back in the Halo 3 days, I was in a few clans. If you ever played an MMORPG, clans are somewhat equivalent to guilds. It’s a group of people to play regularly with and to share knowledge and hang out with, to keep from having to have random teammates in every game. We used to do custom games nights where we would split into teams and just spend a few hours having a blast. Other nights we would team up for social slayer or BTB. I made some wonderful friends that I am still in contact with today. I actually came here looking for one, but there doesn’t seem much activity in that area, sadly. What can a clan give you? Memories like this: https://youtu.be/1RK5-WHJoAE
That actually sounds nice. Does your clan have a Grif?

By the way, its funny how the Recruits are answering better than the Monitor. Its just a tad, ahem, "Ironic."
Journey224 wrote:
By the way, its funny how the Recruits are answering better than the Monitor. Its just a tad, ahem, "Ironic."
Monitors are allowed to have fun. If you have an issue with one, feel free to send a PM rather than these kinds of comments as they detract from the threads.

Thanks.
Yeah Chilly pretty much summed it up: clans are about bringing together like-minded people to play the game how they want to together. It makes the experience so much more enjoyable than playing it solo.
Heyo, I've been a long time person who have been in halo clans. Whether that be a spartan company, UNSC based clan, or Elite Bloodline.

These types of communities within our community are amazing ways to meet new people, to make friends, get more involved with the game itself, and its just a really fun time.

These clans are a thing of preference, that should be said and done immediately. Not every clan is the same and not every experience is the same.

So to start out I'll answer the biggest question you honestly have. Is the training necessary. Yes, sadly. Its one of the most bs things when you're in a clan its grueling and honestly stupid, however it goes along with the rp aspect of the entire thing. Which makes it worth it in my opinion, plus training his sometimes just 5v5s or just scrims so it can be fun.

Next. Is the rp worth it. Yes, definitely. Its something that I personally believe all players should try atleast once. It's one of the best times you'll ever have, I grew up on halo clans and when I think about my best times gaming its with clans. I remember being extremely into it.

Thats just my two cents on the topic but remember everyone's experiences is different. Just have fun with it.
Clans are biggers groups of like-minded people who play together under a common banner. Some do it for fun, others tend to take a theme like a military-based one. They tend to be hit-or-miss. Sometimes you'll have an absolute blast with new friends and whatnot, but other times it'll feel like you're being dragged to the ground or getting pushed around a lot.

Me personally, clans left a really bad taste in my mouth. The military-based ones I've attended exaggerated their theme and the roleplaying to the point I couldn't stomach it. Having to follow "rules of engagement" and saying "yes sir" every 5 minutes drove me to my wit's end.
Spoiler:
Show
HaXoR73 wrote:
Clans are biggers groups of like-minded people who play together under a common banner. Some do it for fun, others tend to take a theme like a military-based one. They tend to be hit-or-miss. Sometimes you'll have an absolute blast with new friends and whatnot, but other times it'll feel like you're being dragged to the ground or getting pushed around a lot.

Me personally, clans left a really bad taste in my mouth. The military-based ones I've attended exaggerated their theme and the roleplaying to the point I couldn't stomach it. Having to follow "rules of engagement" and saying "yes sir" every 5 minutes drove me to my wit's end.
Spoiler:
Show
Best answer ive seen in a while ngl, and I'm a clan leader too