6. 4
My ranking from best to worst is
1- Halo 2
2- Halo 3
3- Halo 5
4-Halo 4
5- Halo Reach
6- Halo CE
For some it might seem treasonous to put Halo CE at the bottom but I feel it's multiplayer hasn't aged well. It feels clunky, random, and unresponsive at times. Also the spawns are god awful, along with there only being three good weapons (Magnum, Rockets, Sniper). I have Reach at five because bloom pisses me off and the maps aren't too good along with the dreadful armor lock, and over powered jet pack. The melee system in that game is the worst Halo has ever had (Halo 3 has the best). Halo 4 for most of the halo community is seen as the worst but Halo 4 feels like halo 2 And Reach had a child. Its fast paced like halo 2, they toned down the bloom from Reach, and the maps look amazing, and play quite well. I wish that load outs weren't in the game as I feel Halo is all about fair starts, but it never felt like Call Of Duty. Halo 5 has the best multiplayer in recent years, the weapon sandbox has been widened, and the balance feels right, Again Halo 5 is fast paced, but also methodical. The thruster pack is a welcomed addition, and I hope it never leaves Halo. Thrusters create for new strafing opportunities, more abilities for juke kills as well. My only problem is that the maps don't offer much variety, and I would love it if it had more asymmetrical maps. Halo 3 could also be at the number spot, as it's such a good game.The balancing is great, maps are fantastic, and the equipment fits well within Halos sandbox. I wasn't a fan of the bullets using the projectile system as it can be annoying, and even if my shot is on point one bullet can miss leading to my death I feel that Halo 2 just has better maps and although some feel it's cheap I like the button glitches and they add depth to the game, raising the skill ceiling.There are times where I feel Halo 3 is better, and it is in other areas. The only reason I like Halo 2 more is the maps. Halo 3 and Halo 2 are the best the series has ever seen and fps games in general. I'm interested to see where you guys rank the Halo Games based on MULTIPLAYER ONLY.
Multiplayer only? Okay:

• Halo 2
  • Halo 5
  • CE
  • Halo 4
  • Reach
  • Halo 3
  1. Halo 3
  2. Halo 2
  3. Halo 5
  4. Halo CE
  5. Halo: Reach
  6. Halo 4
I almost consider it a tie for last between Halo: Reach and Halo 4. Halo: Reach introduced reticle bloom, and Halo 4 remedied it by removing it, but then also removed de-scope, which was another step backwards, meaning no progress was made gameplay wise.

Keep in mind, I love all Halo games. Halo 4 may be in last place for me, but I can't deny that it had some of the most top notch maps in the franchise. Wish more had come back for Halo 5 aside from just Haven.
BatEzioMan wrote:
For some it might seem treasonous to put Halo CE at the bottom but I feel it's multiplayer hasn't aged well. It feels clunky, random, and unresponsive at times. Also the spawns are god awful, along with there only being three good weapons (Magnum, Rockets, Sniper).
Strongly disagree with your bottom placement, but here are some links that can help you out especially with spawns. His video channel also has tips for specific CE maps.

https://halospawns.com/.
Guide for the weapons.
Guide for melee and grenade mechanics.
Guide for the item spawn system.
1. Halo 3
2. Halo 2
3. Halo: Reach
4. Halo 4
5.Halo 5
6.Halo CE
Halo 5 and halo 2
Halo 3
Halo 4
Halo reach(armor lock)
  1. Halo 2 (Including Anniversary)
  2. Halo Reach
  3. Halo 3
  4. Halo Wars 2
  5. Halo CE
  6. Halo 4
  7. Halo Wars
  8. Halo 5
1. Halo 5
2. Halo 2
3. Halo 3
4. Halo Reach
5. Halo 4
6. Halo CE

Edit: This list is relatively misleading I guess. 1, 2, and 3 are pretty much tied as best, and 4, 5, and 6 are tied as games that I have no interest playing
1.CE
2.H3
3.H2
4.H5
5.HR
6.H4

With CE being my favorite I disagree on your issues with it. The spawning requires good teammates who won't bone you but that's never going to happen, hence them replacing that system later on. The entire sandbox has a purpose, the plamsa rifle stuns, the AR is great at CQC mixed with melee, the shotguns got some range and spread to it, etc etc. It's like the only game where every weapon truly has a purpose over the redundant sandboxes starting from H2 and onwards.
  1. Halo 5
  2. Reach
  3. Halo 3
  4. Halo 2
  5. Halo 4
  6. Halo Wars 1
  7. Halo Combat Evolved
  8. Halo Wars 2
1.H3
2.H2
3.HR
4.H5
5.CE
6.H4

In my opinion, CE was very good for its time but has been improved on again and again. H4 was a risk that went south and H5 was the overcorrection. H3 seemed the most balanced. H2 was improved on with H3. HR took some risks and had some good and bad elements that made it controversial.
1. Halo 5. This was the Halo that got me into multiplayer gaming so I may be a little biased but it just feels so good to play and imo it doesn't lose the core of Halo
2. Halo 2 (Classic and Anniversary). Recently started playing this in MCC and I immediately fell in love with it. Probably because it feels very similar to Halo 5 imo in terms of movement speed, FOV, weapons, etc. I was able to pick up 2 and start doing fairly decent (for a low skill player like me) right off the bat which is not something I can say for 3 (explained later). Maybe it's the people I'm playing against but I attribute it to all my Halo 5 experience, since as stated they feel very similar to me. 2 would be my top except as stated 5 holds a special place in my heart so it edges out in front.
3. Halo 4. I personally view this as an upgraded Reach.
4. Halo Reach. Nothing to really say here. I enjoy it and that's about it. It's not my go to Halo MP game.
5. Halo CE. I probably started playing Halo too late to fully appreciate this one's MP it does feel a little dated though still really fun.
6. Halo 3. Call me crazy but I feel Halo 5 is more similar to the other Halos than this one. Everything just feels so slow. Spartans move at a snails pace compared to other Halos. The grenade drop is insane, and the FOV feels way narrower than any other Halo game. The lack of hit markers also really hurts this one many times I've had problems telling whether I'm actually hitting my opponent or not and while this is a problem in Halo 2 Classic I noticed it didn't hurt me as much. Just can't enjoy this one as much as the other Halos. Though, imo, it's still leagues above most other shooter's MP.
I haven't given it too much thought but I'd probably go from best to worst:
Reach

The reason I put 2 ahead of 3 is because 3 has equipment and random spread. I put 5 ahead of 1 because I agree with OP, 1 is still fun but feels very old, and since I didn't grow up playing Halo until 3, that nostalgia factor doesn't interfere with my judgment. Reach is second last because it introduced abilities, 4 is last because of unbalanced abilities and load outs, Halo isn't CoD, people.
Well, If I ranked it by time played, I would have to guess:

Halo CE
Halo 3
Halo 2
Halo 5
Halo Reach
Halo 4
-Halo CE
-Halo 3 (Xbox 360, NOT MCC)
-Halo 2
-Halo Reach
-Halo 4