If you had the opportunity to erase your memory of Halo ever existing. Would you do it to replay the games for the first time again?

Why or why not?
I have to go with, "No." My memories of Halo are deeply associated with specific times in my life. I don't think I'd enjoy CE as much as I do if it was a pleasant reminder of the good aspects of dorm life. My fondness for the series is based in part on that association.

I play CE and I remember all the fun times I had playing with friends. I do a run at H2 and remember my utter confusion at the fact that they'd humanized the covenant. The awkwardness of playing as the arbiter the first time. CTF on Sanctuary. I play H3 and I remember customs nights that went into the next day. I remember the awe and bit of worry when the second scarab dropped at the end of the covenant. I play reach and remember laughing about a co-op mission where all of us got stuck on a pipe in the lower section of new Alexandria and the falcon glitched and we had to take turns trying to jump and hijack banshees.

I could go on, but these memories are precious to me and there is no way I could get them back. Even if I gathered my dorm mates (no longer possible) and played CE the same way I did then, I'm not the same person I was. The games wouldn't leave the same impact because I'm different. Removing my memories of them would change who I am now and playing them now without having played them then would change my response to them. The zeitgeist matters. Who I was at the time matters.
Um, no. The desire to have a "first" experience with the Halo games does not sound like a good reason to go tampering with memories.

Especially since having experiencing Halo for the first time today would be totally different than experiencing it for the first time 13 years ago.
Lol that is a good point. I never thought of it that way. I cherish these games for reasons that could not be recreated in any way. Thank you guys for the input.
If I had the opportunity (like the opposite of total recall), I probably wouldn't. I want my memories intact eof running all Halo's on legendary, especially Halo 2 and Halo War's Arcadia level. Playing them again like a blank slate would probably endure a lot of misery, all those gaming tips lost. I would probably give up on Halo 2 right on the 1st mission.
No. The memories and experiences I have gained from Halo over the years are to valuable to me to just hit the reset button, I literally have some of them tattoo'd on me. Ask me again when I need to hit reset to save the world
Spoiler:
Show
Never. For starters, I'm lucky enough to have an original Xbox so I could play CE and H2, but I think for most people, they would be stuck with only having the MCC version to play and I wouldn't wish that on anyone wanting an original experience.

Then you have the issue of not having the H2 servers anymore where people could experience H2 online. Xbox was a different place back then compared to now since party chat wasn't around and Xbox live was a new thing. I would hate to not remember any of that and only experience it through the modern version.

I would never want to forget those memories especially lanning with friends during CE and H2. That's one of the reasons why I loved this game so much. Honestly, if I forgot everything about Halo and replayed them today, I probably wouldn't stick around. I would either hate Reach thru H5 even more than I do now, or I would be stuck playing MCC with all its problems and just soloing the game which would be nothing like the experiences that I've had in the past.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Never. For starters, I'm lucky enough to have an original Xbox so I could play CE and H2, but I think for most people, they would be stuck with only having the MCC version to play and I wouldn't wish that on anyone wanting an original experience.

Then you have the issue of not having the H2 servers anymore where people could experience H2 online. Xbox was a different place back then compared to now since party chat wasn't around and Xbox live was a new thing. I would hate to not remember any of that and only experience it through the modern version.

I would never want to forget those memories especially lanning with friends during CE and H2. That's one of the reasons why I loved this game so much. Honestly, if I forgot everything about Halo and replayed them today, I probably wouldn't stick around. I would either hate Reach thru H5 even more than I do now, or I would be stuck playing MCC with all its problems and just soloing the game which would be nothing like the experiences that I've had in the past.
That is alot of good points. Some people have no idea what it was like to have to wait for the next game to come out. Having the opportunity to replay all of them to relive the story
Halo is a game where the memories kinda make it worthwhile. It is built on nostalgia for me and it’s significance on many peoples lives. I wouldn’t give up my memories of Halo or its community for much.

But I would totally erase my memories of the Mass Effrct games just to replay them again for the first time, because holy dang that was a brilliant trilogy.
if I erased my halo memories I would literally lose the majority of the memories in my life time. I'd have no idea who half my friends were, would lose my taste in music, and likely forget how to draw because it's what halo that started all of that for me. plus I'd lose the mental image of one of my favorite original characters, she isn't some halo OC (I came up with a whole world in my head and will probably get around to writing a novel about it some day but that's another story) but her abilities and armor are inspired by the needler.
if I erased my halo memories I would literally lose the majority of the memories in my life time. I'd have no idea who half my friends were, would lose my taste in music, and likely forget how to draw because it's what halo that started all of that for me. plus I'd lose the mental image of one of my favorite original characters, she isn't some halo OC (I came up with a whole world in my head and will probably get around to writing a novel about it some day but that's another story) but her abilities and armor are inspired by the needler.
I too am trying to write a novel however it's not Halo related I'm always interested in listening to another writer's perspective
That is also something I never thought of....I discovered Breaking Benjamin because of Halo 2.
Halo is a game where the memories kinda make it worthwhile. It is built on nostalgia for me and it’s significance on many peoples lives. I wouldn’t give up my memories of Halo or its community for much.

But I would totally erase my memories of the Mass Effrct games just to replay them again for the first time, because holy dang that was a brilliant trilogy.
I unfortunately never finished mass effect. However I completely agree with you there. I never would have thought that what I did in the first game would effect my second and third game.
Possibly no even thought it would be tempting to view the old campaigns surprising again. But i likely wouldnt for i think that i wouldnt do things differently with Halo. Also the older games wouldnt have their online properties anymore.

So no, i wouldnt.
That is also something I never thought of....I discovered Breaking Benjamin because of Halo 2.
Same, I really like his music. :)

But no i would not erase my memories because i might not have as much fun as i had before.
I have been asked this about the Harry Potter series. With the books I could restart but I feel more connected to Halo for some reason. Maybe better opportunity to bond with friends?
I have been asked this about the Harry Potter series. With the books I could restart but I feel more connected to Halo for some reason. Maybe better opportunity to bond with friends?
For many of us, Halo has played an integral part of our lives ever since it started in 2001. It's made so much of an impact that it's almost impossible to experience it again. So no, I wouldn't erase my memories to experience Halo again.

And I think the word you want is "refresh" rather than "restart". Doesn't sound as abrupt.