Skip to main content

Forums / Community / General Discussion

Scariest Flood Encounter

OP SpartanT110

The Flood are cool guys they eat stuff and doesn't afraid of anything

What is your scariest Flood encounters?

Once when I was playing Halo 3, I was fighting Flood on the Covenant and my shields were down, I thought I dispatched of everything in the area then suddenly I see an infection form coming up behind me on my radar I turn to see it jump at my head and I hear a crunching noise it was creepy and it was pretty scary, until my buddy teh arbiter killed it.

However it lost its scariness when I looked at it in theater and looked like Chief had a santa hat on :D it was scary at the time though
When they have Rocket launchers!
My friend and I trying to beat Keys on Legendary for the first time cooperatively. I jumped down into an area, I said "it's safe to jump down," then quickly reneged on that comment when Flood came out of nowhere. Luckily he didn't jump down and I was able to Respawn above the cliff, only to see Flood jump up there and kill us.
Either that, or the first time playing through The Maw. I went to get more rockets in the armory and got jumped by Active Cammoflaged Flood. That scared the crap out of me. Here I am just expecting to pick up Rockets and that door opens creepy.
Playing with a couple friends from waypoint, I think we were doing Floodgates on legendary on Halo 3.

Anyway, we were running through to the end of the mission, when collectively all of the flood stopped moving, and all of them simultaneously yelled "I AM THE GRAVEMIND."

Needless to say, none of us had heard them do that before and it was pretty crazy.

Come to think of it, there were a lot of strange things happening in that playthrough...
First Halo game was Halo 3, it was actually my first ever game.

"The Flood, its spreading".

Me: What the hell is that?

*minite later*

Me: Oh hey, its some Marines, what are they all doing ove- HOLY -YOINK!- WHAT THE -YOINK!- OH MY -YOINK!-

Needless to say, I died.

And you want to know the worst part?

Those Flood were the easiest.

The Flood in the level Cortana and back in Halo 2?

Oh god.

And then they got Rocket Launchers in CE.
I had picked up Halo CEA since I never got the chance to play it on the original xbox. I was making really good time through the level 343 guilty spark, when I got to the point where the insane marine keeps shooting at you, and thats when I knew something was Yoinked up. Once I finally saw the flood and what they did, I didnt have that jumpscare feel. No I had that WHAT THE F*** IS THAT KILL IT WITH FIRE; kind of feel. I will never forget that terrible moment.
Flood facing towards me running down the hall sometimes gives me the chills to this day
When i was playing CE with my friend.

We were playing the Library for the first time, and we almost screamed when we noticed many combat forms running at us and atleast 2 of them were shooting us with Rockets.

Good times.