Skip to main content

Forums / Community / General Discussion

[Locked] Share your Waypoint / Community content ideas!

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
Hi everyone - As I'm settling into my new role as community manager I'd love to hear your ideas, thoughts and suggestions for new (or old) community content and programs going forward. For example, a lot of people want us to bring back the Podcast (we are!) and I've read others asking if we can bring back the 343/Community playdates (or oldschool "Humpday Challenge" type programs).

What new things do you want to see? What old things do you miss? Who on the 343 team would like you to hear more from? What about the inner workings of 343 do you want to know more about?

I welcome any and all ideas and suggestions to help us continue to meet (and exceed!) the needs of our community! Thanks!
This is gonna be an exciting thread! Thank you in advance!
I kinda miss Canon Fodder being independent from the Community Updates, but I suppose that depends on what Grim can and can't do. I'd like to also see more Universe entries updated and created, but, again, mostly depends on Grim.
Just small things that makes the average person in the community feel like they've gotten attention. Answering questions which you can answer, liking comments that you agree with, etc. I would enjoy it if 343 weren't seperate to the community but seemed like an important part of the community. Even the return of weekly events like screenshot spotlight, Halo IRL and captions would be great!

Edit: See, your little Q&A section made me feel special already! Those things (and weekly caption games, and members of the week and other stuff which I cannot be bothered think of) is exactly what I'm talking about! It will really help the community.
Simply more interactions on the forum is a great start!

I am not sure, but are Waypoint badges still a thing?

Edit: How about community contests or ARGs?
Will we see some of the next update in the following weeks? Also hmmmmmmmm...... something important.....more important then gouda cheese.....o yeah! welcome back to the Halo fray ske7ch! Trust me you got lots of stuff to catch up on...also
Spoiler:
Show
😁
I remember community creations and machinima used to be a big part of the community in the past. I'd love you guys to spotlight some more great machinima, maybe even encourage machinima contests or something! I remember watching Arby and the Chief because Bungie featured it back in the day. :)
Seeing as how you chose the correct answer to my question (dog person is the way to go, I have a 10 month old husky puppy who's just the sweetest little girl!), I suggest that we have a section dedicated to pictures of adorable dogs! Who wouldn't want to take a small break from reading the forums to just look at adorable puppies? Puppies are synonymous with joy, after all.

But in all seriousness (or maybe I was already serious with the dog picture section), I would love to see the return for weekend playlist voting, and maybe even voting for permanent playlists?. It felt great knowing that our voices mattered in the content that appeared in Halo 5. It would be fantastic to see more of that going forward! It could even go further, with fans suggesting and voting for community maps and gametypes to be put into matchmaking. I know that there are some fantastic BTB maps that many of us would love to see make it into the rotation.

Other than that, I just want to welcome you back again and say thank you for your great work! Even in this first community update of yours, your dedication to transparency and connection to the community was apparent. Even just responding to our questions about black techsuits and a ODST/Reach style Firefight mode in Halo 5 answered some very lingering questions. I, and many others, absolutely appreciate you getting back to us on that.

Looking forward to more updates from you!
Fool me once. . .
I just read the Community Update and when I did I thought "Man, this guy is the real deal" Tbh Bravo is cool but having such an important member of the classic community back is sooo cool. When I read the Q&A and I saw about podcasts and all makes a huge difference. Hopefully your presence will also calm the 343 haters. Only small dissapppointment is the lack of news regarding the next update, which I really wanna know about (and hopefully confirm some of Gamecheat13's finds). Oh well, hopefully next week... But still, I didn't have Xbox Live back in the Bungie era and I really don't know that much of how it was but I can get the idea it was great. Great to have you back :D
ske7ch wrote:
Hi everyone - As I'm settling into my new role as community manager I'd love to hear your ideas, thoughts and suggestions for new (or old) community content and programs going forward. For example, a lot of people want us to bring back the Podcast (we are!) and I've read others asking if we can bring back the 343/Community playdates (or oldschool "Humpday Challenge" type programs).

What new things do you want to see? What old things do you miss? Who on the 343 team would like you to hear more from? What about the inner workings of 343 do you want to know more about?

I welcome any and all ideas and suggestions to help us continue to meet (and exceed!) the needs of our community! Thanks!
Official Friday Caption Fun was a blast. MoTW as well, just kind of hearing about and celebrating everyone in the community.
There's been a lot of concern from the community, myself included, regarding the speed at which new playlists are created, (Slowly) and the frequency at which they're either removed or replaced. (Way too often) Can you speak to why it takes so long to create simple requests, (e.g. social slayer) as well as why existing playlists (e.g. assault, covie slayer) can't stick around indefinitely?
CoolKokiri wrote:
There's been a lot of concern from the community, myself included, regarding the speed at which new playlists are created, (Slowly) and the frequency at which they're either removed or replaced. (Way too often) Can you speak to why it takes so long to create simple requests, (e.g. social slayer) as well as why existing playlists (e.g. assault, covie slayer) can't stick around indefinitely?
This .
I would like to see monthly polls on Waypoint and if possible in the actual Halo 5 game (and/or future Halo games) as well.These polls can be anything from :

- Voting for the next rotating playlist
- Should X feature(s) be in Halo 6, list them
- Which, if any, game types would you like to see in Halo 5 or future Halo games
- Do you want "X" Type questions, example. Do you want to see multiplayer maps in Halo 5 or future Halo games that have interactive environments like how Halo 2 anniversary had Yes? No?
- What do you prefer/ multiple choice type questions, example. Do you prefer the look of the Old Rocket launcher (SPNKr)? The new one (M57 Pilum)? Neither? or Do you prefer the Old "classic" Zoom style look to Smart scope aka ADS etc.

I feel polls with these kinds of questions would be a good source of information for 343I. Obviously they aren't the be all end all, but it'll give them at least an idea about where Halo fans stand on certain things.

... Oh and, Welcome back Spartan, ske7ch :) but remember to leave that Lone Wolf stuff behind ;)
I would like to see monthly polls on Waypoint and if possible in the actual Halo 5 game (and/or future Halo games) as well.These polls can be anything from :

- Voting for the next rotating playlist
- Should X feature(s) be in Halo 6, list them
- Which, if any, game types would you like to see in Halo 5 or future Halo games
- Do you want "X" Type questions, example. Do you want to see multiplayer maps in Halo 5 or future Halo games that have interactive environments like how Halo 2 anniversary had Yes? No?
- What do you prefer/ multiple choice type questions, example. Do you prefer the look of the Old Rocket launcher (SPNKr)? The new one (M57 Pilum)? Neither? or Do you prefer the Old "classic" Zoom style look to Smart scope aka ADS etc.

I feel polls with these kinds of questions would be a good source of information for 343I. Obviously they aren't the be all end all, but it'll give them at least an idea about where Halo fans stand on certain things.

... Oh and, Welcome back Spartan, but remember to leave that Lone Wolf stuff behind ;)
The last line gave me the neediest goose bumps.
Ah, an actual thread for stuff like this. Perfect. I believe the best place to begin improving upon is here on Waypoint itself. If Waypoint can be improved, the games will follow (at least in my opinion). So, let's get started, shall we?

For starters, I personally believe a separate forum section on Halo Waypoint should be created for just this purpose. Too many new and innovative (or old and inciting) concepts from the community get lost and unnoticed in the gigantic sea of forum threads. We already have a section for what the community has made, why not a section about what the community WANTS to be made?

Secondly, I propose a tweak to an aspect of the Waypoint profile system, specifically when searching for specific posts/threads. It's simple, really. Give us the option to search for specific pages. That way, if we want to link to a page containing good points on a topic or just funny, random moments, it would make it just that much easier to navigate.

Third, and I know this is going to be a rather impossible task to achieve, but seriously. The Halo community is abuzz with questions on certain topics, bugs/glitches, inconsistincies, etc. 343, can you at least attempt to be more active and respond to questions? Please understand that it is imperative to the status of the Halo community if questions/concerns that are commonplace about the forums are properly addressed. We need to know that you understand what we have to say and that you are taking our voice into account. At the very least, it would show us that we are being acknowledged.

Now, here is something I personally believe will push community involvement to the drawing boards (Yes, I know. Very unlikely to happen, but then again so is a lot of stuff on this thread, let's be honest). I would like to propose a sort of "beta-initiative" program on Waypoint. Probably the most important aspect of Halo 5: Guardians is the updates. Now, we know the planned updates have come and gone. However, there is still room for improvement. So, when a new update is in it's "beta phase", let us give some suggestions as to what we would like to be added. Multiple threads like this exist on Waypoint, and none are acknowledged. I do not know if the community (or even members at 343) are aware, but there exists a community improvement program on Halo Waypoint. I will let the thing explain itself. Now, when it comes to Updates, we as a community have things we want to see in updates but sadly never come. Let us give some insight into what we would like to see in the future, and when we do, please ensure that it is acknowledged, please?

Thank you for taking the time to read this and all other posts on this thread. You've shown that you actually do take our thoughts and opinions on future content for Halo into consideration. Please let that be the same here, not just for my post, but for all others as well.
I for one would love 343 day back again. Even if not this year. The next. Aka a huge event on the 343rd day of the year that you folks at 343i go Community overboard.

I would also love to see a Community Member of the Week return. Where some members of the community get recognised for their efforts. This is particularly good to get people involved for their efforts on the forums.

Another thing cool, that you lot kinda do. I think some communities should be brought to the limelight every week. Like bring up a random Community like for example a random Halo-themed podcast. And get the creators to talk about it. This pushes for people to visit other places which is great.
Well I'm always a sucker for ARGs :P

I'd love to see the revival of the community badges. I k ow we still have some being given out, but things like photographer, caption contest and member of the week would be great. I would suggest making it member of the month maybe, make it a little more unique to those who get it? From the bulletin we also have plays of the week, could make a new badge for those cool clips :)

You've already mentioned the podcast so that comes off my list. Are there any plans to do anything with the news forum? Used to be that blog posts and news articles linked up to a topic in the news forum. It would be nice to see that forum cleaned up, locked down and used again :)

Lastly, and this is the most important item.
*ahem*
Grunt plushies in the Waypoint store....plz <3
Can you try and fix some of the bug that have been going on in Halo 5 and try and have them fixed by Halo 6? The large number of bugs has made the game unplayable for me because whenever I tried to join a game or whenever I'm in a game, I would get kicked out for no reason. Thank you!
Oh another suggestion. The news section on Waypoint including some community news.

I mean for example. A community might release a podcast every week. Or a Halo Webcomic might have started. Or even a interesting blog post from some members of the community. It might be cool to see them pop up on the news feed here.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7