Skip to main content

Forums / Community / General Discussion

Should Halo Infinite Start or Close E3 2021?

OP Annex Angel

With Halo Infinites impending showcase being just three days away, a lot of discussion is brewing in the gaming community across various channels and podcasts, discussing the hype around Halo Infinite being one of the promonant showcases this year. It's no understatement that all are in agreeance, we already know the basic premise of halo infinite and instead of surprising us with new story or features, we need to see the kind of stuff we've already seen in the past (plus multiplayer) but it needs to be presented as best as possible. this is why many halo fans that are outside the news loop are hyped for Statens return as many who knew his role in halo's legend games remember his presentations of different games such as ODST and Reach. so my question is... does Xbox set the mood and pop off with 343i's Halo showcase, or hype it up for a climactic finish? what is everyone's thoughts?
If it was just a teaser or a trailer I would say wait until the very end. "Oh, you thought we were done? Nope. Here is more Halo: Infinite for you." But seeing as we should be getting more than that this year I say that they should open the showcase with it; get everyone hyped and talking about it. Let everything shown be absorbed and processed as the showcase continues. Whatever happens, whatever is shown, you just know the forums are going to see a lot of traffic either during the presentation or afterwards.
I always love when Xbox closes it's conference with Halo.
I think it would actually be cool if they opened and closed with Halo. Open with a SP focused presentation and then close with a MP focused presentation and release beta same day.
Save the best for last
Would be cool if they opened, but I always love the build up until they leave it for the very end; always me to enjoy all of the other content that is showcased :)
Start with Starfield, end with Halo.
I think it would actually be cool if they opened and closed with Halo. Open with a SP focused presentation and then close with a MP focused presentation and release beta same day.
I hadn't considered but also agree with you, start with like a standard trailer as a teaser announcing the game/multiplayer all the specs announcing a demo/beta test, then end with Joseph Staten's return and a showcase of the game in a walk through introduction like with reach and firefight he did all those years ago
Here is the possibility. I don't know if it's going to happen, but it will be great to see it happened. What if 343 Industries might show both the next Halo Infinite gameplay footage and the Halo TV Series official trailer at the end of the Xbox and Bethesda Games Showcase at E3 2021? Personally, I think it will be a good idea to show both the Halo Infinite gameplay footage and the Halo TV Series official trailer at E3 2021. This shows that not only 343 Industries will have a great event at E3 2021, it will also get Halo fans excited for the future of the Halo Franchise.
I'd prefer it at the start because then I can go to bed after it and not be in half-dead agony the day after for staying up half the night...
open with halo,we already know some of things that will happen
Why not both? Have xbox E3 be just one big Halo sandwich with all that filler non-halo stuffing left in between :)
Why not both? Have xbox E3 be just one big Halo sandwich with all that filler non-halo stuffing left in between :)
That is what I was thinking too. Give us a trailer in the beginning and some gameplay at the end or something along those lines.
I'd say the start then they can drop more reveals about Infinite at the middle and later at the end to get people excited and hanging in there till the end but I wouldn't be surprised if they do a 'after-party' video to talk exclusively about Infinite and then 343i post all the news on Halo Waypoint blog with details on 'Infinite' flight news.
I think it should begin at the start, Halo fans want to enjoy all the e3 conference and not to wait until the end to see Halo. At least this is my case