Skip to main content

Forums / Community / General Discussion

Should they kill off Master Chief?

OP xNSR Asmodai

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Should they kill off Master Chief? I mean he's been the main character since Halo Combat Evolved but in real life some times the awesome guys die. So really i don't think he should die but it would be more realistic if he died off. Maybe they could have him die in a super awesome death scene while fighting off thousands of enemies. I think that would be awesome but if he's going to *finger quotes* die again we want him to die for REAL this time.
Nah. Maybe at a later date, but I'd rather he get back on track with learning to be human and not a machine and get that done first.
I think that he should die, retire or something around those kind of lines, but preferably 1-2 Halo games away, at least until we see what happens with the whole Cortana gone rogue catastrophe ends and maybe he could either be granted a mercy kinda way, such as, he could take some heavy hits from something and a member of blue team or maybe the Arbiter puts him out or something heart wrenching I guess, so the fans can "never forget"
There have been rumors that he will die/retire in Halo 6. I just hope they find a interesting new main character.
Honestly? Yes or at the very least retire, Halo needs a new fresh protagonist.
I believe that they should kill him so there will be no way of him coming back for the future instalments I mean there can be references to him but I would like a new story arc without master chief
No because I feel like his story isn't done. It feels like we are just getting into a deeper story with chief and if he died that void will still be there. and halo 5 didn't do a good job on expanding Chiefs story.
I think that He should die or retire as a Spartan like Jun retired and became the people of the Spartan-IV program or die in the line of duty that he says in the escalation that he will do so.
Should they kill off Master Chief? I mean he's been the main character since Halo Combat Evolved but in real life some times the awesome guys die. So really i don't think he should die but it would be more realistic if he died off. Maybe they could have him die in a super awesome death scene while fighting off thousands of enemies. I think that would be awesome but if he's going to *finger quotes* die again we want him to die for REAL this time.
Your talking crazy talk. Lol just relax and think on it a little and then change your mind. 😀
BloodroseK wrote:
No because I feel like his story isn't done. It feels like we are just getting into a deeper story with chief and if he died that void will still be there. and halo 5 didn't do a good job on expanding Chiefs story.
Yes they did a horrible job with the story in 5 but hopefully 6 will be better.
CDRMush wrote:
I think that he should die, retire or something around those kind of lines, but preferably 1-2 Halo games away, at least until we see what happens with the whole Cortana gone rogue catastrophe ends and maybe he could either be granted a mercy kinda way, such as, he could take some heavy hits from something and a member of blue team or maybe the Arbiter puts him out or something heart wrenching I guess, so the fans can "never forget"
Yeah that sounds good to me.
Exenius wrote:
There have been rumors that he will die/retire in Halo 6. I just hope they find a interesting new main character.
Heard the same thing. Chances are, they'll retire him. It kind of makes me nervous as to who will take on the new main role. BIG shoes to fill.
I mean with Gears getting an entire new cast for the new one I could see that, or they could do another prequel game with younger Spartan IIs, but yeah I think that if they will continue forward they could definitely go a completely different direction. I still think Reach was one of the best Bungie campaigns but that's just me.
adhocRONIN wrote:
I mean with Gears getting an entire new cast for the new one I could see that, or they could do another prequel game with younger Spartan IIs, but yeah I think that if they will continue forward they could definitely go a completely different direction. I still think Reach was one of the best Bungie campaigns but that's just me.
Reach did have the best story line.
I saw no, never! Best part of the game and series IMO
Only if its done correctly.
Halo 5 focused more on Locke, So hopefully we see more on chief (Halo 6) and actually get to know more about him. I don't think they should kill him off because of that reason but in the end that's just my opinion.
Only if its done correctly.
How would it be correctly ? :/
DC 409871 wrote:
Nah. Maybe at a later date, but I'd rather he get back on track with learning to be human and not a machine and get that done first.
I agree. They should give him a honorable discharge or something and they should have the story go on with him trying to be normal again but things keeo on getting in the way causing him to have to go back to those habits and then he ultimately dies.
DC 409871 wrote:
Nah. Maybe at a later date, but I'd rather he get back on track with learning to be human and not a machine and get that done first.
I agree. They should give him a honorable discharge or something and they should have the story go on with him trying to be normal again but things keeo on getting in the way causing him to have to go back to those habits and then he ultimately dies.
Honorable discharge sounds much nicer lol I'm okay with that just no deaths he the man!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2