Forums / Community / General Discussion

Songs you want to hear in future Halo games

OP TanEugene94

Which songs would you like to hear in future Halo games? Personally, I want to hear Dan Hill's It's a Long Road and Kenny Loggins's Highway to the Danger Zone in the Halo games.
Which songs would you like to hear in future Halo games? Personally, I want to hear Dan Hill's It's a Long Road and Kenny Loggins's Highway to the Danger Zone in the Halo games.
Unless Highway to the Danger Zone gets played while you're taking off in a Longsword or something (aka Top Gun), I don't really need current songs in my video games that are set way in the future.
Unless Highway to the Danger Zone gets played while you're taking off in a Longsword or something (aka Top Gun), I don't really need current songs in my video games that are set way in the future.
Which is exactly why we need more expansion on Flip Music! I want to see some in-universe music. The barely mentioned bands in Meridian Divide could be a good starting point for fleshing that out.
I don't wanna hear any songs in future Halo games. The rock songs from Incubus and Breaking Benjamin almost ruined Halo 2's music for me. Just keep it as the epic score that it is and I'm good with that. No actual songs.
Legends never die by against the current.
Saw a halo gmv few weeks back and I gotta say it was amazing.
https://youtu.be/Ca2AxzFgac0
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I get the argument that contemporary music is a bit tonally tacky in Halo... But if they announced that Breaking Benjamin was writing a song for Infinite tomorrow, I'd completely lose my mind on hype.

Just the nostalgia. But still.
Never really thought about it but I would rather see what Atticus Ross and Trent Reznor could do with a Halo soundtrack as opposed to songs.
More breaking Benjamin /s
However, taking inspiration from Halo 2 is a good idea. There were so many cool features that made that soundtrack so iconic. Like Steve freakin Vai and Nial freakin Rodgers (and supposedly a secret track from John Mayer) It doesnt get any better than that.