[Locked] Sorry 343, I don't know if I can play halo anymore

OP Profesnol

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15
I'm really sorry guys, but I'm just not sure if I can trust 343i anymore with the Halo franchise. I've deleted Halo 5 off my hard drive and will more then likely not be getting Halo Wars or Halo 6. In the following paragraphs I'm just going to go through and explain why I just can hold anymore faith in 343i. Although I will say this before you click off this thread or call me a 343i hater, I still want Halo to be great and I want to see it grow, but the direction that Halo seems to be going, doesn't look to promising and don't be surprised if I leave Halo all together before the launch of Halo 6.

I'm again, sorry guys, but I just can't sit and watch 343i slowly destroy the game that I used to love and that I used to hold dear and near to me. These will main reasons for me leaving Halo 5 and for losing trust in 343i, not that they are the only reasons, but at least the main ones

Halo 5 has probably been the most unfixed and glitchiest Halo game I have ever played. Halo 5 has been out for almost a year now and I have been playing it sense launch. I can clearly still see some major bugs and glitches that still have not been fixed. They've had solo long to fix these things like not loading in emblems for some players in a lobby, unable to connect to fireteam glitches, and numerous occasions where you have to restart your console/game in order to play again.

They have also not changed or added features that people have been talking about sense day one. These aren't big audjustments I'm talking about, these are very small changes that could probably be made in a short couple of days. Does anyone wonder why we still don't have the option to sell multiple REQs at a time? This was a question asked on day one, day one! I believe that this was even asked about on the subredit for Halo and Bravo responded and he said that he would get it to a higher power. Have we seen any change or added feature of this? No. And this is one example of something very small that the community has been asking for, for a long time for 343i to do.

The addition of microtransactions has crippled Halo 5's warzone playlists. Not saying that REQs and micro transactions have destroyed war zone entirely, but they have defenatly held it back from being a great gamemode and a possible replacement for the BTB fans. The REQ system was flawed from day one, people have given 343i ideas to change and audjust the system and make it better for everyone, but 343i has not taken note of these ideas at all and blown them off almost entirely.

Halo 5, even after all of it's updates and fixes still has missing staple playlists and gamemodes that we're a key part to the previous Halo games. Playlists that people have been asking for, for again, a long time. Things like a simple snipers playlist for people to have nothing but them and their long range high powered rifle. Some of my fondest memories we're made in these kinds of playlists. And I'm not only talking about the gamemodes that haven't been added, but the gamemodes that have been added but are somehow broken and not as good as they used to be. Like infection, I thought infection for halo 5 was great, I would even go as far as to say it's the best in the series. But after a few days of playing, I realised some major flaws with it and it's playlist. Why can't I talk to my flow survivors in game chat anymore? Why are there only 7 maps? Why is there only one gamemode for infection for the playlist?

The hidden ranking system in all that playlists that you don't see. It's there, it's just invisible. And if you're a monitor and you've read this far, don't quote me and say that there actually isn't a hidden ranking system in place for most of the playlists, because there is. There have been threads, videos, questions, followed up with lies about this hidden feature. The hidden rank in all of the playlists that I used to play, like BTB, in older Halo games are no longer very fun because it talkes a long time to load in, the games that I actually get into are usually very sweaty and full of tryhardy people, and if I don't try my hardest in most of these games, I usually do horrible.

Buggy UI still haven't been fixed. This is more of a Halo 5 problem more then anything. But the UI is so bad that sometimes I can't even look at my REQs, see myself, look at my stats, unrecorded games, and the list goes on.

If at least some of these features aren't fixed in the next Halo FPS, I will be not getting it. Halo for me is in a similar state that I was with destiny after TTK, Halo 5 has become the last straw for me, and if 343i can't pull themselves together as a company, I'm afraid I can't have fun with Halo anymore and I will most likely be leaving it.

Although I may have said these things, and I do truly mean them, that does not mean that I want Halo to die, I again, I loves this game and everything that it was. I'll still be here posting on the forums and reading up and checking if things have been fixed yet, but as it stands I don't expect to be a part of the franchise for very much longer if Halo continues to go in the direction that it is going.

I also don't expect this thread to become the most popular or be even glances at by 343i. I'm just sending out this post explaining my reasoning behind why I have deleted halo 5 off of my Xbox, most likely for good.

Edit: I am very surprised and grateful about the support this thread is getting, lets hope that someone at 343i sees this.
I agree with you 100% and actually said something along the same lines in the ban thread. I thought Halo 5 was gonna be insane, but then last night I won a game of SWAT and got banned for 2hrs for being idle when I wasn't.

Then, it took like 30min to find a Warzone match and when I did, people were 360 headshotting us and it's evident they were using something like the XIM 4 to cheat.

Also, I got booted from an Infection game for being idle when I was hiding from zombies and looking back and forth around me (wtf right?).

Plus, after matchmaking games end lately, I can't change my armor and it gets locked in a different color with different helmets and armor selections that I did not choose and only restarting the game resets it.

Then, my armor got reset twice for no reason.

Then, after an infection game ended, my armor stayed looking like an infected does in-game (dark black/green with shadows all around it)...game then froze and I had to restart the game to fix it.

H5 also has the notorious SWAT errors from H2-3 where it takes like 7 shots to the back of an opponent's head to kill them, among other things.

I thought 343i was going okay until I got banned for nothing the other night. Then in the ban thread, people are like ZOMG you have 4 DNFs from this week, when I legit never got kicked, nor quit from any game until the Infection game last night for no reason.

Game is jacked up right now and 343i is getting like Bungie did when they released Reach...basically not caring about the community and never fixing their issues, while banning everyone who speaks up.

These companies are ruining gaming in the name of profits.
Profesnol wrote:
Buggy IU still haven't been fixed. This is more of a Halo 5 problem more then anything. But the IU is so bad that sometimes I can't even look at my REQs, see myself, look at my stats, unrecorded games, and the list goes on.
IU? Interface User? That would be you, wouldn't it? If the IU is buggy then stop using the interface in such a buggy way 😂

Sorry I couldn't resist. And I agree the game is buggy but personally I still manage to have fun with it. Things like, "req service is unavailable" and "retrieving data", the occasional random inexplicable dashboard, and not being able to rely on theater mode are, to me, just minor annoyances. Couldn't you still have fun with it despite those?

You seem to be saying these minor annoyances have added up and made you lose trust in 343, in a "straw that breaks the camel's back" sort of way, which is fine, but I would at least wait and see what they do with Halo 6
A problem you briefly mentioned that I have a MASSIVE issue with was that 343 are taking gametypes (variants of existing gamemodes) and simply branding them as gamemodes. For example :
  • Halo 5's Slayer is what I call 'team slayer', a varient of the game mode : Slayer
  • Halo 5's CTF is what I call 'Multi Flag', a variant of the gamemode : Capture the flag
  • Halo 5's infection is what I call 'Alpha Zombies', a varient of the gamemode : Infection
  • Halo 5's strongholds is what I call '3 plots' a varient of the gamemode : Territories
  • Halo 5's assault is what I call 'Neutral assault' a varient of the gamemode : Assault
Oh, and we still don't have KOTH, Oddball, Ricochet, Juggernaut, VIP and Social slayer in matchmaking...

Btw I 100% agree with you and quite recently halo 5 has almost become unplayable for me :(
A problem you briefly mentioned that I have a MASSIVE issue with was that 343 are taking gametypes (variants of existing gamemodes) and simply branding them as gamemodes. For example :
  • Halo 5's Slayer is what I call 'team slayer', a varient of the game mode : Slayer
  • Halo 5's CTF is what I call 'Multi Flag', a variant of the gamemode : Capture the flag
  • Halo 5's infection is what I call 'Alpha Zombies', a varient of the gamemode : Infection
  • Halo 5's strongholds is what I call '3 plots' a varient of the gamemode : Territories
  • Halo 5's assault is what I call 'Neutral assault' a varient of the gamemode : Assault
Oh, and we still don't have KOTH, Oddball, Ricochet, Juggernaut, VIP and Social slayer in matchmaking...

Btw I 100% agree with you and quite recently halo 5 has almost become unplayable for me :(
This = truth 100%...I miss those gametypes, as they made Halo great back then, especially social playlists and oddball.

They kind of took oddball and juggernaut and combined the two into Griffball, which gets boring after a single game.
Profesnol wrote:
Buggy IU still haven't been fixed. This is more of a Halo 5 problem more then anything. But the IU is so bad that sometimes I can't even look at my REQs, see myself, look at my stats, unrecorded games, and the list goes on.
IU? Interface User? That would be you, wouldn't it? If the IU is buggy then stop using the interface in such a buggy way 😂

Sorry I couldn't resist. And I agree the game is buggy but personally I still manage to have fun with it. Things like, "req service is unavailable" and "retrieving data", the occasional random inexplicable dashboard, and not being able to rely on theater mode are, to me, just minor annoyances. Couldn't you still have fun with it despite those?

You seem to be saying these minor annoyances have added up and made you lose trust in 343, in a "straw that breaks the camel's back" sort of way, which is fine, but I would at least wait and see what they do with Halo 6
Quit using the UI in a buggy way? I'm afraid I was using the UI just like everyone else. The occasional service unavailable error and retrieving data errors should be fixed, they've had, as I stated, almost a year now to fix the game and yet they still have not done anything to try and fix it. Even worse, I would see all new bugs and errors sprout up after the hotfix and patch updates. I thought these we're made to fix bugs and errors not add more.

And I never said that I would be leaving Halo, I even said at the end that I would still be here posting on the found to see if the game ever got better. Only if 343i continue down the path of constant error bugs, unsatisfying unfinished content releases, and overall, missing content, then I can't just happily play Halo anymore.

It upsets me more than anything to say all that but I feel like it had to be said and that these problems need to be addressed. I've been a huge fan of halo sense reach and I even went back to play the previous Halo games. And I have to say, I had a lot more fun with the muliplayer in the past Halos then I had with the current ones. I really do hate to see my first and favorite gaming franchise go down like this and I really do want to see Halo 6 prove me wrong. But I just don't know if I'll still be here if 343i continue this motion of not fixing their game after months of time.
Profesnol wrote:
Quit using the UI in a buggy way? I'm afraid I was using the UI just like everyone else.
I was actually making a joke, here. The joke is that you typed IU instead of UI. I'm sorry 😅
Profesnol wrote:
And I never said that I would be leaving Halo, I even said at the end that I would still be here posting on the found to see if the game ever got better. Only if 343i continue down the path of constant error bugs, unsatisfying unfinished content releases, and overall, missing content, then I can't just happily play Halo anymore.
Yeah I kinda feel the same way. I hope they get their -Yoink- together
Profesnol wrote:
Quit using the UI in a buggy way? I'm afraid I was using the UI just like everyone else.
I was actually making a joke, here. The joke is that you typed IU instead of UI. I'm sorry
Profesnol wrote:
wait, did I really? My goodness, I was typing late at night on my phone so there are probably other little mis-spellings that I missed in there.
Every game has its flaws. Learn to play with and against them and you'll be fine
Every game has its flaws. Learn to play with and against them and you'll be fine
the difference is that 343i has had almost a year to fix these issues. I would've been understanding if it was when the game first launched because I get it, new engine, new software, but not that a lot of time has passed and they still haven't been able to fix some of the smallest things? Halo 5 was by far the buggiest, glitchiest, and most unplayable game I have ever played. I had a lot of faith in this game and 343i didn't just drop the ball on this one, but slammed it into the ground like they just scored the winning touchdown at the super bowl.
Profesnol wrote:
the difference is that 343i has had almost a year to fix these issues. I would've been understanding if it was when the game first launched because I get it, new engine, new software, but not that a lot of time has passed and they still haven't been able to fix some of the smallest things? Halo 5 was by far the buggiest, glitchiest, and most unplayable game I have ever played. I had a lot of faith in this game and 343i didn't just drop the ball on this one, but slammed it into the ground like they just scored the winning touchdown at the super bowl.
343 really dropped the ball with MCC. They know that, we know that, the entire gaming industry knows that. They put badges where they could then moved on. How can a company focus on the future if they're constantly dwelling on the past? How could 343 focus on making Halo 5 if they refused to let go of MCC? At some point, you let go of the past and learn from the mistakes. 343 has its priorities in line and knows what's important and right now, that's Halo Wars 2 and Halo 6
Profesnol wrote:
343 really dropped the ball with MCC. They know that, we know that, the entire gaming industry knows that. They put badges where they could then moved on. How can a company focus on the future if they're constantly dwelling on the past? How could 343 focus on making Halo 5 if they refused to let go of MCC? At some point, you let go of the past and learn from the mistakes. 343 has its priorities in line and knows what's important and right now, that's Halo Wars 2 and Halo 6
By letting go of the past, and not rectifying their mistakes(I don't care how much they learn from their mistakes if they never fix them), they are losing customers. The way they've handled MCC has broken my trust of 343 and the way they insist on keeping the "enhanced" abilities around has driven me away from the series. I am no longer a customer of 343i(unless they thoroughly surprise me and announce that Halo 6 won't have sprinting).
Profesnol wrote:
So what you're saying is, it's ok for a gaming industry to launch a game with a ton of unfixed bug and glitches and never fix them because of the sole reasoning that their next game will be "better?" I'm sorry but I like a game that has perhaps a few bugs at the begging but is then fixed before anything else is done. 343i has done this 2 times now and doesn't seem to look like they'll be changing course anytime soon. I'll stay posted and see if they have a change of heart but as it stands, 343i isn't doing a very good job at making their games at a good playable level. Games like goad simulator, a game that literally makes fun of their glitches, runs better then Halo 5.
Yea these minor annoyances, are minor when taken individually, but there is a long list, and I knew exactly what he was talking about because every godasmknam, one happens on my Xbone too.
One he didnt mention was the opening sequence in WZ that screen/audio tears. Why did they release this without adding any polish. Just haphazard put it together, couldnt get it right, and just said "F IT thats close enough for these morons".
Every time the pelican jumps in the opening scene it really just irks me, deep in my being.

Moment of truth now tho. We got Gears, BF1, CoD:Halo edition, TitanFall to play instead. I can't imagine the player base to stick around with better games out.
Willko wrote:
Profesnol wrote:
By letting go of the past, and not rectifying their mistakes(I don't care how much they learn from their mistakes if they never fix them), they are losing customers. The way they've handled MCC has broken my trust of 343 and the way they insist on keeping the "enhanced" abilities around has driven me away from the series. I am no longer a customer of 343i(unless they thoroughly surprise me and announce that Halo 6 won't have sprinting).
If they're losing customers, they're not losing many. Today's generation of Halo Players want new and fast paced, not old and slow paced with no Spartan Abilities. Most of them don't care about the older Halo's, its mostly older players who grew up playing the Bungie made Halo games. The Master Chief Collection is still a very playable game. 4,000+ Achievement Points, 5 Campaigns, and multiplayer for Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 4. Mutliplayer works just fine but if you're a competitive try hard, you're going to have a terrible time because the ranking system is messed up still. Instead of focusing on all the negative, take a step back and appreciate the work 343 has done to try and honor the old Halo games by bringing them to the next generation console
Willko wrote:
Profesnol wrote:
or at least take advice from the community and add a requested classic playlist that plays on smaller and adjusted maps to play without sprint and without spartan abilities. They could so EASILY add that to Halo 5, but yet they haven't. Adding that just might make me regain some hope in 343i.
Profesnol wrote:
Profesnol wrote:
So what you're saying is, it's ok for a gaming industry to launch a game with a ton of unfixed bug and glitches and never fix them because of the sole reasoning that their next game will be "better?" I'm sorry but I like a game that has perhaps a few bugs at the begging but is then fixed before anything else is done. 343i has done this 2 times now and doesn't seem to look like they'll be changing course anytime soon. I'll stay posted and see if they have a change of heart but as it stands, 343i isn't doing a very good job at making their games at a good playable level. Games like goad simulator, a game that literally makes fun of their glitches, runs better then Halo 5.
I'm not saying it's okay but at some point, you let go. Bungie shipped an incredibly buggy Halo 2. The servers were infested with cheaters and modders. They tried patching the game several times, reset the ranks a bunch of times, then eventually left it alone to move on and focus on Halo 3. At some point, you need to let go, learn from the mistakes you made, and apply them to the next installment.

If you stand back and look, the Master Chief Collection is still an amazing game. It's only "broken" if you're a competitive try hard because the ranking system is broken. Multiplayer still works pretty well, you have tons of achievements to try and earn, and five campaigns you can play through
muklucky wrote:
Yea these minor annoyances, are minor when taken individually, but there is a long list, and I knew exactly what he was talking about because every godasmknam, one happens on my Xbone too.
One he didnt mention was the opening sequence in WZ that screen/audio tears. Why did they release this without adding any polish. Just haphazard put it together, couldnt get it right, and just said "F IT thats close enough for these morons".
Every time the pelican jumps in the opening scene it really just irks me, deep in my being.

Moment of truth now tho. We got Gears, BF1, CoD:Halo edition, TitanFall to play instead. I can't imagine the player base to stick around with better games out.
I'm already moving on to play Titanfall later today. Started the download last night. And with the new campaign mode might turn the franchise into another lore filled one like Halo. I need another game to switch over to sadly.
Profesnol wrote:
Profesnol wrote:
I'm not saying it's okay but at some point, you let go. Bungie shipped an incredibly buggy Halo 2. The servers were infested with cheaters and modders. They tried patching the game several times, reset the ranks a bunch of times, then eventually left it alone to move on and focus on Halo 3. At some point, you need to let go, learn from the mistakes you made, and apply them to the next installment.

If you stand back and look, the Master Chief Collection is still an amazing game. It's only "broken" if you're a competitive try hard because the ranking system is broken. Multiplayer still works pretty well, you have tons of achievements to try and earn, and five campaigns you can play through
Ok, but the difference is still, 343i didn't learn much from the mistakes from the MCC. they still launched gamemodes and updates with tons of new bugs and glitches, probably knowingly. Every new update that they added added more bugs then they fixed. If I can remember correctly, Halo 5 had less bugs to start with then they have now.
Willko wrote:
Profesnol wrote:
If they're losing customers, they're not losing many. Today's generation of Halo Players want new and fast paced, not old and slow paced with no Spartan Abilities. Most of them don't care about the older Halo's, its mostly older players who grew up playing the Bungie made Halo games. The Master Chief Collection is still a very playable game. 4,000+ Achievement Points, 5 Campaigns, and multiplayer for Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 4. Mutliplayer works just fine but if you're a competitive try hard, you're going to have a terrible time because the ranking system is messed up still. Instead of focusing on all the negative, take a step back and appreciate the work 343 has done to try and honor the old Halo games by bringing them to the next generation console
But they're not honoring the old games when the only form that classic Halo gameplay exists on the new consoles is a broken, buggy mess of a game. They're not doing us any favors just by making games with the Halo title on it when said games don't play like Halo games(talking about Halo 5). I would rather the series come to an end entirely than continue getting dragged down this path of so-called "modernization".

I can't appreciate the work 343 has done with Halo 5. I don't want it and I wholly reject their game design. It's only a Halo game by title and nothing more.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15