1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Just curious, is there anyone with the spartan onyx rank yet? I haven't seen one but I dont go on the forums too often.
Some people reached Spartan - Onyx way back in the day. I dug up this old thread by Austin7934 which tracked ranks of various users. It hasn't been updated since 2014, but even back then there were five people with the rank (seven eligible, but two of them Monitors), and two people held the rank in 2012 already. I'm not sure who, if anyone, has reached the rank since then.
For as long as I've been on the forums I thought I would've reached that rank by now...

Sadly, one can dream.
It takes forever
It's tough to get, dedication is key.
I hit the mark a few days ago; you really shouldn't focus on completely arbitrary thing like the forum ranks though. Just read the threads that interest you and contribute where you think you having something worth saying. This site is about discussion and community and it's too easy to get caught up with the wrapping paper rather than the gift inside.
ONI Ricky wrote:
Just curious, is there anyone with the spartan onyx rank yet? I haven't seen one but I dont go on the forums too often.
No way! Sorry this has nothing to do with the forum but I’ve played you on halo so many times years ago, I think I even have you as a friend on xbox, that’s crazy!
It takes forever
It's a marathon, not a sprint. Reaching Spartan Onyx will take a long time but if you stick with it and focus on the topics/discussions that interest you the most, you'll get there in time. It's better to focus on just being an active member in the forums rather than forums rank. At the end of the day, it doesn't mean anything.
Since I was once a Mythic Member on Bungie.net back in the old days I'd like to achieve this rank someday.
I stopped worrying about forum ranks when I was a Recruit gold. I decided I'd have more fun reading the forums on here that I like. I do congradulate everyone who has hit Spartan though.
Since I was once a Mythic Member on Bungie.net back in the old days I'd like to achieve this rank someday.
I was an Exalted Legendary Member.
R.I.P old B.net ranks.
R.I.P old B.net ranks.
Yeah I know right, it's why I don't post there anymore. I was on there all of the time. It's okay, I still love Bungie though.
R.I.P old B.net ranks.
Yeah I know right, it's why I don't post there anymore. I was on there all of the time. It's okay, I still love Bungie though.
I'm not allowed to post on B.net anymore because I haven't played Destiny 2. But I still visit and read. My main focus now is on this site and community.
I wasn't sure how all the ranks worked on the old Bungie website. Seemed to be time based rather than post.

Regardless, just check back on Waypoint and respond to what interests you. Over time, you rank will rise and you'll be surprised.
I wasn't sure how all the ranks worked on the old Bungie website. Seemed to be time based rather than post.

Regardless, just check back on Waypoint and respond to what interests you. Over time, you rank will rise and you'll be surprised.
It was definitely time based. I was an Exalted Heroic Member and I don't remember ever posting more than 1 or 2 times

It was definitely time based. I was an Exalted Heroic Member and I don't remember ever posting more than 1 or 2 times
The system was actually really interesting. You had the base ranks Heroic, Legendary, and Mythic that were just time based and required some level of activity. But then you also had the modifiers like Honorable, Exalted, and so on (there was actually a big bunch of them). And the best parts was that bans would negatively affect progress, which gave a small incentive to pay attention to the rules. It also told more about the user than just "this guy posts a lot". I really liked it.

I've always (like since 2011 when we got the default ranks of whatever forum software Waypoint used at the time) hoped that the Waypoint ranks could eventually be developed to something similar. The current system is kind of the opposite of it, essentially just working to encourage spam. It's also just really boring, because even with all the granularity, it doesn't really mean much whether you're, e.g., an ODST - Bronze or an ODST Silver. Would be cool it if the base ranks (Recruit, Marine, etc.) required a certain time of activity and were decreased by bans, while Iron, Bronze, etc. acted as modifiers based on other factors such as post count with the requirements being different in all base ranks.
SugarsCain wrote:
ONI Ricky wrote:
No way! Sorry this has nothing to do with the forum but I’ve played you on halo so many times years ago, I think I even have you as a friend on xbox, that’s crazy!
Have you changed your name/gamertag?
The race is not for the swift, but those who can endure.
I got it. It just takes time, but if your active and find a part of the community that is also active you’ll reach it.

After a few years.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2