1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Bonnie confirmed that there will be spin-off after Halo Infinite releases next year. The spin-offs we've gotten are the 2 FPS spin-offs ODST and Reach. The other spin-off we've gotten are the Halo Wars games. What ideas of spin-offs would you like to see be made into games? I would love a game or couple games focused on the Human-Forerunner War, though I don't know which genre I would choose. Let's have some fun!
A third person marine squad type game. Told by the perspectives of marines Fighting the covenant but retreating and losing homes and friends as the game progresses(Red Dead Redemption 2 style). It would really help make the covenant appear as menacing as they are depicted outside of the games.

Or a game that has numerous short stories that takes place from the perspectives of Rebels, Marines, ODSTs, ONI, and includes different locations such as Harvest, Reach, etc.
Something that let's you choose between 3rd and first person or a covenant centered game during the human covenant war
Bonnie confirmed that there will be spin-off after Halo Infinite releases next year.
When and where did she confirm this?
The spin-offs we've gotten are the 2 FPS spin-offs ODST and Reach.
I wouldn't consider Halo Reach a spinoff, but ok
What ideas of spin-offs would you like to see be made into games?
I want a spinoff game where we can play as a grunt, and pilot a Grunt Goblin.
I would love a game or couple games focused on the Human-Forerunner War, though I don't know which genre I would choose.
Sounds fun. If they made a game about that, I'd like it to still be a first-person shooter, personally.
Bonnie confirmed that there will be spin-off after Halo Infinite releases next year.
When and where did she confirm this?
A few months ago in an interview with IGN.
Pretty sure I listened to that interview, but I don't remember her confirming that a spinoff will follow Halo Infinite. I'll have to go back and listen again
Pretty sure I listened to that interview, but I don't remember her confirming that a spinoff will follow Halo Infinite. I'll have to go back and listen again
Yeah, she says it kinda later into the interview. Don't remember the exact time, but yeah she says that more are coming.
Human Forerunner war game or a tactical (Rainbow Six style) gory realistic ODST game.
Another game where you play as an ODST would be nice. I could also see a game where you play as a Spartan III during the 2530s or 40s.
  • Human-Forerunner War
  • Insurrection (Johnson as the protagonist)
  • Formation of the Covenant
These are my three recurring items on my wish list and they touch on three distinct periods in the history of the Halo universe.

Another one I'd like to see is an ODST spiritual successor that focuses on the exploits of Alpha-9 after the end of Bad Blood, now that the gang is back together.
I would like a horror based FPS with marines and Flood, a stealth based TPS with ODST a la Splinter Cell or even squad based a la Rainbow Six Vegas for that more tactical feel, and an FPS open world RPG where maybe you start as a marine, rise through the ranks to ODST, then finally become a spartan. Even though I personally wouldn't be too stoked but think it could fit really well with Halo is a turn based strategy game like XCOM and the Gears Tactics game coming out. I'd probably play it anyway just because it's Halo even though I don't care about the genre like I did HW/HW2 lol

By the way, where did Bonnie say they'd do more spin offs? That makes me really happy.
A marine who fights in the end of the war and returns to his home to rebuild an outer colony in a survival game third person shooter with resource management. sleep is a requirement but when you sleep you get horror game flash backs to the war as you progress sleep eats at your psyche and you must try to balance both to stay afloat or lose sanity and begin to see covies while awake. eventually it gets really tough as flood flash backs start. or just a horror as a marine slowly loses himself to the flood with limited but meaningful choices like a good third person version of resistance 2.
One where you play as the insurrection.
Here's an idea I like for a third-person shooter Halo.A Gears of War style shooter about the Brutes Voridus and Pavium, as they go on missions for Atriox and get into all sorts of trouble. Cover based, roadie rush, and all. I don't want to fight humans though, so it has to be about fighting Covenant and hopefully new alien enemies.Perhaps it could be about them trying to find a new transport off the Ark, and they discover something more ancient then the Forerunners, and potentially more dangerous, with big consequences for the whole galaxy.Bring back Choppers and Prowlers and Brute weapons from Halo 3.So basically Gears of War with Brutes.EDIT Mar 10 2019: With splitscreen and offline LAN for co-op, of course!

I'd also like to see a 3rd-person cover based Halo ODST 2. Lets forget everything that happened to Alpha Nine in the books. Alpha Nine is now under the leadership of The Rookie. Buck still left to become a Spartan, but Romeo, Dutch, and Mickey are still there. Dare has become an ODST operations handler.
You start in the middle of a mission in the middle of a city. This is a 'tutorial' level of sorts, and introduces players to everything, story-wise and gameplay wise.
The mission is completed and Dare sends them on a new mission.
They get sent to a planet and the drop off goes wrong. Cut off from support they have to survive as best they can on an enemy planet. Weapons, supplies, vehicles are OSP. The planet would have a healthy amount of stolen UNSC goodies to use. Open world gameplay. The player can go at objectives as they like using stealth or all out assault. Create diversions, disrupt the enemy, disappear back into the woods and wilderness. Co-op play via online/LAN/split-screen too.Take out enemy communication bases and discover the location of main targets, and eventually the main target.. The original focus of the mission. An apparent new 'Prophet' attempting to create a new power base on this planet.
This is a living open world, meaning when a base is taken out, eventually the enemy will send out a small force to re-establish any destroyed bases. You could ambush the convoy, set traps, things like that. And then eventually you find another teammate, a Spartan, Eddie Buck, and he helps out in the final objectives, reuniting the whole team. Eventually completing the objectives and escaping the planet. Of course this scenario would work with a newer established group of ODST, a fully customized squad of ODST, and even Sarah Palmer could be the Spartan.

Since my Sarah Palmer game ideas are third-person as well, I'll drop them in here too, from orbit!Here is what I'd like for Sarah Palmer. I'd like an open-world, third-person, cover based shooter, about Spartan Sarah Palmer stranded on a planet. Guns blazing or stealth, steal vehicles etc...(I know, sounds like my previous ODST idea!) With a very acrobatic and robust CQC system. Vaulting over cover, attacking, duel wielding. And she needs to be a red head and look more like she did in Halo 4 rather then Halo 5-no offense meant to whoever redesigned her. This planet would have Forerunner structures and she starts understanding that somehow Spartan Davis is helping her and trying to communicate with her still. Because I think something really cool could be made out of what was happening to him in Halo Spartan Assault. Something very new, very big, and very alien. Maybe even something beyond the Forerunners? Have to be careful to make it something really good and interesting though. Not something throw away.Third-person, duel wielding, acrobatic CQC, unlockable outfits! Very much offline co-op campaign via LAN at least. Two Sarah Palmers kicking butt, no in-game explanation needed.

Also 343i should work with ChAIR and create a 3Dgraphics 2.5D metroidvania starring Sarah, like Shadow Complex! That would be really cool, and add another game genre to Halo's roster.

Thanks to Terg500 for the inspiration for the following game.
Terg500 wrote:
Mhhh... a third person Dark Souls styled game playing as a Brute and lots of never before seen melee weapons to hack and slash trough massive interconnected levels. x)
It should be Atriox!
Atriox is unexpectedly transported away to a strange world. The place is under threat from Flood forms, and another mysterious species. The custodian of the planet wants Atriox to rid the place of Flood and save it from the dangerous mystery species. As Atriox delves deeper into the ruinous installations he ends up solving even more mysteries, and vanquishing darker creatures, and more sinister foes.
Been thinking about the world. It should be a hidden San'Shyuum Celestial Observatory world. A little bigger then Earth's moon. They grabbed Atriox to help them, but the terrible joke is on them as he has no love for his former masters. So instead of rescuing them he takes their treasures and research to bolster his power base. Eventually Atriox is fighting all three groups. Using them against each other, and reaping the benefits.

Not so much a spin-off as a Spintires cameo.
Would love to see 343i work with the developers/publishers of the Mudrunner/Spintires games to get a Warthog released in their game as DLC. I'm not quite sure who's who in the dev/pub department, but what I'm seeing is Saber Interactive as Dev on console and Focus Home Entertainment as publisher on console. Bring the Warthog to Spintires: Mudrunner! Perfect fit! Maybe the Scorpion too? A Warthog troop carrier variant filled with UNSC forces complaining and cheering!

A third-person game about Jackals that plays like Gears of War. You get to customize your Jackal, use various Jackal weapons, and use the shield. Take cover, vault barriers, rush, run away with your hands over your head. Wouldn't want to fight humans, so enemies would need to be other Covenant, Banished, Prometheans, or something new. Also it could show the Jackals as smarter then recent fiction has made them out to be. These guys have made cool tech, so they can't be that dumb. Maybe it's about a mixed group of Jackals that get cut off from their main group, and each few levels could focus on a certain type of Jackal in the group. Regular Jackals, Skirmishers, and the Halo 5 Jackals etc....

Would like to see a Halo Defense game made by Hidden Path. One way to make it 'make sense' would be to play as a Monitor in control of a Halo or other Forerunner installation, and the Flood break loose. So you organize, your defenses, and towers, and Sentinals to destroy the outbreak. Other scenarios could have UNSC forces vs. Flood, or Covenant, or Covenant vs. Flood. Some of these set-ups would be hard to explain logically, so may just have to be 'for fun'.

On PS4 there is an online vs. game called Dreadnought by Grey Box. Would love to see a Halo version that features a single-player/co-op campaign. One thing that would be really cool, as these huge ships wage war over planetary surfaces and installations, would be to watch the battles from the buildings as regular size Spartans in first-person view. Maybe when you're out of the match you get to do this, and of course during the campaign there could be an interesting reason to do this once in a while. So cool to run out onto a landing platform and see a huge Dreadnought roar overhead.
ODST 2. I love Halo 3 ODST and it felt so underrated. It would be interesting to see a sequel though based after the Bad Blood book. Another Spin off I'd like to see would be a game based more on the covenant side of things. Playing as an elite or maybe even a brute.
Fooey with spinoffs. 343 should always have 2 games in development at any given time. 4 year dev cycles and a staggered release every 2 years. Original halo is classic settings with no sprint or abilities and continues the MC story. Second game 343 can go all out with abilities and what not while also exploring new halo stories about other Spartans covenant ODST you name it. Boom regular halo releases to satisfy everyone and also appease fans of old and new halo. Hire me! I have great ideas...
The Orion Project
Can we please have a game where we play something else than a sangehili as covenant?
Fooey with spinoffs. 343 should always have 2 games in development at any given time. 4 year dev cycles and a staggered release every 2 years. Original halo is classic settings with no sprint or abilities and continues the MC story. Second game 343 can go all out with abilities and what not while also exploring new halo stories about other Spartans covenant ODST you name it. Boom regular halo releases to satisfy everyone and also appease fans of old and new halo. Hire me! I have great ideas...
Yeah. Odst v2 i think would be most popular, and it could be a stealthy assassins version? No? Idk, ODSTs all the way.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2