OP Stormreichorigi

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Utterly crappy spawn points.
Unimaginative circular maps (especially in warzone & BTB)
Spoiler:
Show
Sunsdune wrote:
Bro-fest intro and outro animations.
I agree. These need to go.
Emblems that were available in previous Halos are locked behind gamble-boxes.
Thats partially accurate. Custom emblems were removed entirely so even if you finally unlock an emblem from previoys games, you cant make it your own. H5 emblems suck!!
Pretty much every major change brought to H5 needs to go away forever. Theres maybe a handful of things in this game i actually like. But the laundry list if crap i hate in this game dwarfs anything positive by a large margin. I would personally use H5 as a template for WHAT NOT to do on the Halo series!
The revive system and squad-based gameplay in the campaign
Rakunz Boi wrote:
Well sprint needs to stay (yes I said it) and keep spartan abilities microtransactions need to stay... away from gaming except skins and armor so long as it doesn't effect gameplay 200 different armor is stupid and more assassinations need to come
Sprint, I agree
Spartan abilities, I agree to an extent
(this concept is dangerous and ruined other games by adding too much)
Microtransactions being tossed out, agree
(Conflict of interest between the players and the developers bottom line)
Armor, disagree in part
(I think MOST of the armor could be done better, I feel there isn't enough that suit my taste despite how many there are. An option to mix match armor pieces and personalize logos on the armor is a must)
More Assassinations, hell yes
(Some funny ones would be nice)
Here I was logging onto waypoint and that I was about to get crucified by someone for saying sprint needs to stay and I do think spartan charge needs to go but microtransactions should stay to an extent as long as they dont effect gameplay but you should be able to unlock them in game like classic helmets pack you should be able to unlock them in game also
People telling 343i what to do should go away.
btw, I'm not talking about fans. I think fans are always going to like and dislike something in a game, and just because one fan doesn't like something, doesn't mean another feels the same way. And of course, I'm sure 343i likes to hear about fan feedback and reactions as much as any other creative person or team.

I'm talking about Microsoft executives telling them what they should do. Or pushing certain elements of function or story because "market testing" has shown this is what "kids" like. Basically, back seat designing.

Bonnie Ross is a great captain, she is more than capable of steering her own ship.
Spartan Ops should never come back to Halo, one of the biggest crap on Halo 4 and I actually like Halo 4 xd
- Armor abilities (Armor Lock Especially)
- The Plasma Repeater
- Ordinance Drops
- Halo 4's Art Style
- Halo 5's Art Style
- Halo 4's AI
- Halo 5's AI
- The Warden Eternal Boss Fight
- 343 Guilty Spark (Alive, at least. I know he survived in the books, but just... don't)
- Spartan Charge
- CoD-Style ADS (like in Halo 5: Guardians.)
- Microtransactions (The Req System/Any RNG Loot System that requires real-life currency)
- Halo 4's "Perk System"
- Halo 4's Soundtrack
- Neil Davidge!
- Josh Holmes!!!
- Brian Reed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Halo 5's Broken Squad-Based Mechanics
- A Playable Fireteam Osiris (They're kinda needed as side characters for Halo 6's story unfortunately, but never as playable characters!)
- Doctor Halsey as the Villain (Like in Spartan Ops and part of Halo Escalations)
- Halo Escalations (Decanonize it, 343... please!)
- Halo 4's Level Design
- Chiron TL-34
- Halo 5's Ridiculous Weapon Skins
- The Current Bungie Studios (You know, the Bungie that sold their souls to Activision, made Destiny, made Destiny 2, got rid of Joseph Staten, fired Martin O'Donnell, and tried to steal Martin's music illegally... not the Bungie we knew and loved)
- All the Spartan Abilities, including sprint (If you want Halo to survive)
- The Current Bungie Studios (You know, the Bungie that sold their souls to Activision, made Destiny, made Destiny 2, got rid of Joseph Staten, fired Martin O'Donnell, and tried to steal Martin's music illegally... not the Bungie we knew and loved)
Pretty sure that won't be returning to Halo
Pretty sure that won't be returning to Halo
True!
- The Plasma Repeater
- Ordinance Drops
- Halo 4's Art Style
- Halo 5's Art Style
- Halo 4's AI
- Halo 5's AI
- 343 Guilty Spark (Alive, at least. I know he survived in the books, but just... don't)
- Spartan Charge
- Microtransactions (The Req System/Any RNG Loot System that requires real-life currency)
- Halo 4's "Perk System"
- Halo 4's Soundtrack
- Neil Davidge!
- Josh Holmes!!!
- A Playable Fireteam Osiris (They're kinda needed as side characters for Halo 6's story unfortunately, but never as playable characters!)
- Doctor Halsey as the Villain (Like in Spartan Ops and part of Halo Escalations)
- Halo 4's Level Design
- Chiron TL-34
You sound like a bungie fanboy, 343 is not that bad, they have revolucionated Halo and that's okay, if you don't like changes, go play FIFA, WWE, NBA, MADDEN or some of those games that never changes and always stays the same but with better graphics.
People telling 343i what to do should go away.
btw, I'm not talking about fans. I think fans are always going to like and dislike something in a game, and just because one fan doesn't like something, doesn't mean another feels the same way. And of course, I'm sure 343i likes to hear about fan feedback and reactions as much as any other creative person or team.

I'm talking about Microsoft executives telling them what they should do. Or pushing certain elements of function or story because "market testing" has shown this is what "kids" like. Basically, back seat designing.

Bonnie Ross is a great captain, she is more than capable of steering her own ship.
Great thought
- The Plasma Repeater
- Ordinance Drops
- Halo 4's Art Style
- Halo 5's Art Style
- Halo 4's AI
- Halo 5's AI
- Spartan Charge
- Halo 4's "Perk System"
- Halo 4's Soundtrack
- Neil Davidge!
- Josh Holmes!!!
- Halo 4's Level Design
- Chiron TL-34
You sound like a bungie fanboy, 343 is not that bad, they have revolucionated Halo and that's okay, if you don't like changes, go play FIFA, WWE, NBA, MADDEN or some of those games that never changes and always stays the same but with better graphics.
I love changes when they are done right. I love Halo 2's hijacking and dual-wielding. I love Halo 3's equipment. I love Halo 3's Forge mode, which was new. I love ODSTs firefight, which was new. I love Halo reach's art direction. I love Halo Reaches revamped armor customization. I love Halo Reach's completely new characters and story. I love Halo 3: ODST's new and unique soundtrack. I even love Halo 5's Spartan Abilities!

I'm not against changes; I just think 343 did them wrong. This includes the changes I liked in their games because Halo's population is declining towards death because of them. If Halo 6 wants to include mechanics like sprint, armor abilities, Spartan abilities, ordinance drops, perks, the new artstyle and whatever else that was poorly received, then they are free to do so... if they want to further contribute to the decline and death spiral of the Halo franchise. But fortunately, 343 doesn't want to kill the franchise. It's why they removed so much of what was criticized in Halo 4 to improve Halo 5. The problem is that Halo 5's "improvements" were just more "changes" that had issues and still didn't work to solve the decline of halo.

I think 343 needs to look at the changes that we're positively received (which you'll see are almost entirely found in bungie era Halo games) and build off of that. Because that's what worked in the past and that is what 343 has yet to try out. The only thing bungie added as a change that failed in a similar way was Armor Abilities in Halo Reach. 343 tried armor Abilities and... surprise... it didn't work out.

Too many people dislike the changes 343 made (including what I liked, such as Spartan Abilities) to the point that they are finally prepared to abandon the franchise, resulting in a population loss that will force Microsoft to close 343's doors and the halo franchise for good, something I never, EVER want to see.

I have no problem WHATSOEVER with you liking 343's changes or loving them. I have no problem if you want Halo 6 to include them. Just understand that it will ultimately hurt Halo's chances of survival, not help it.
- The Plasma Repeater
- Ordinance Drops
- Halo 4's Art Style
- Halo 5's Art Style
- Halo 4's AI
- Halo 5's AI
- Spartan Charge
- Halo 4's "Perk System"
- Halo 4's Soundtrack
- Neil Davidge!
- Josh Holmes!!!
- Halo 4's Level Design
- Chiron TL-34
I love changes when they are done right. I love Halo 2's hijacking and dual-wielding. I love Halo 3's equipment. I love Halo 3's Forge mode, which was new. I love ODSTs firefight, which was new. I love Halo reach's art direction. I love Halo Reaches revamped armor customization. I love Halo Reach's completely new characters and story. I love Halo 3: ODST's new and unique soundtrack. I even love Halo 5's Spartan Abilities!

I'm not against changes; I just think 343 did them wrong. This includes the changes I liked in their games because Halo's population is declining towards death because of them. If Halo 6 wants to include mechanics like sprint, armor abilities, Spartan abilities, ordinance drops, perks, the new artstyle and whatever else that was poorly received, then they are free to do so... if they want to further contribute to the decline and death spiral of the Halo franchise. But fortunately, 343 doesn't want to kill the franchise. It's why they removed so much of what was criticized in Halo 4 to improve Halo 5. The problem is that Halo 5's "improvements" were just more "changes" that had issues and still didn't work to solve the decline of halo.

I think 343 needs to look at the changes that we're positively received (which you'll see are almost entirely found in bungie era Halo games) and build off of that. Because that's what worked in the past and that is what 343 has yet to try out. The only thing bungie added as a change that failed in a similar way was Armor Abilities in Halo Reach. 343 tried armor Abilities and... surprise... it didn't work out.

Too many people dislike the changes 343 made (including what I liked, such as Spartan Abilities) to the point that they are finally prepared to abandon the franchise, resulting in a population loss that will force Microsoft to close 343's doors and the halo franchise for good, something I never, EVER want to see.

I have no problem WHATSOEVER with you liking 343's changes or loving them. I have no problem if you want Halo 6 to include them. Just understand that it will ultimately hurt Halo's chances of survival, not help it.
You have to also understand that 343 can't just take all of that stuff because of the copyright, the classic art has copyright and so other things that Bungie has integrated to Halo games like that beautiful Hayabusa armor.
Remembering that microtransactions stuff I want to ask you something, do you like to pay for a game and then for the season pass or the DLC's? I sincerely hate have to pay more because in my country is not that easy get the money to spend it on that kind of things. And I'm very thankfully to the req packs that made us to don't have to pay for those, I bought the game and that's it.
Another thing, they did introduce Osiris Team to show that Halo is not just about Master Chief, if you have read the novels you will find out that there are so much characters that can be used to create a new Halo history, late or soon Master Chief will die but the franchise won't.
I think too that 343 has screwed up some things bur it is not so bad, they are trying to make their trilogy with their seal.
Warzone. The only reason it exists is to have people use the REQ system. Get rid of Warzone, then we can go back to getting armor as we rank up. Why not just get weapon variants for use in a seperate Firefight mode, where having fun against AI is the only objective?
- The Plasma Repeater
- Ordinance Drops
- Halo 4's Art Style
- Halo 5's Art Style
- Halo 4's AI
- Halo 5's AI
- Spartan Charge
- Halo 4's "Perk System"
- Halo 4's Soundtrack
- Neil Davidge!
- Josh Holmes!!!
- Halo 4's Level Design
- Chiron TL-34
You have to also understand that 343 can't just take all of that stuff because of the copyright, the classic art has copyright and so other things that Bungie has integrated to Halo games like that beautiful Hayabusa armor.
Remembering that microtransactions stuff I want to ask you something, do you like to pay for a game and then for the season pass or the DLC's? I sincerely hate have to pay more because in my country is not that easy get the money to spend it on that kind of things. And I'm very thankfully to the req packs that made us to don't have to pay for those, I bought the game and that's it.
Another thing, they did introduce Osiris Team to show that Halo is not just about Master Chief, if you have read the novels you will find out that there are so much characters that can be used to create a new Halo history, late or soon Master Chief will die but the franchise won't.
I think too that 343 has screwed up some things bur it is not so bad, they are trying to make their trilogy with their seal.
Microsoft and 343i own a majority of Bungie's stuff in Halo. The main exceptions being the Marathon logo and some other emblems. Hayabusa is a different issue. Besides 343i has used the old designs a lot. If you just play the main games you wouldn't see it but a lot of spin offs and merchandise use the old and new stuff. Also its not a trilogy anymore, so maybe Halo 6 isn't even the end.
- The Plasma Repeater
- Ordinance Drops
- Halo 4's Art Style
- Halo 5's Art Style
- Halo 4's AI
- Halo 5's AI
- Spartan Charge
- Halo 4's "Perk System"
- Halo 4's Soundtrack
- Neil Davidge!
- Josh Holmes!!!
- Halo 4's Level Design
- Chiron TL-34

I dong like paying for a season pass and DLC a team all, but I dislike Microtransactions more because they permanently hurt the gameplay (unless you spend money to get a ton of OP stuff) whereas DLC is just a blatant ripoff. You're not wrong to hate DLCs and Season Passes more, but it's about personal taste. I also agree with you; I don't think to the changes are as had people say either. BUT... that doesn't change peoples minds. If Halo is to survive, (which we both want) it needs to grow in population and sales, and it hasn't ever since Bungie added Armor Abilities to Halo Reach's multiplayer. 343's changes have done no better, and arguably, they are worse. That is why I'm not arguing for what I want in a Halo game anymore because what I wanted has had a negative effect on the franchise at large.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
343 on 12 man: We can't find a workaround to stop blowouts against 12 man teams, we're limiting it to 6.

343 on 6 man: We've found an increasing number of games are ending in blowouts, let's give the triple capped team a lower req replenish time.
Are you guys even trying anymore?

Also while we're on the subject. Josh Menke, this guy should stay away from Halo. The matchmaking settings have been messed around with so much, that as this point you just need to leave them alone. It's been 2 years and they're changing every other week.
Sunsdune wrote:
Bro-fest intro and outro animations.
Yeah I hated this. Made it feel like an arrogant high school football team rather than a group of Spartans. Not that I consider Spartan IV's to be true Spartans anyway.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4