1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
Halo 3: The Covenant.

Approaching the second control tower in a Hornet with Three Gates blasting in the background. I cleared the air and the Wraiths from the area and was opening fire on the Brutes in the structure itself until they started retreating. As the music reached reached it's climax I bailed out of the Hornet from near death height and charged in and cleared the entire section with liberal application of grenades and shotgun rounds.

It was so epic that I very nearly tried to find an artist to draw it for me, such was the thrill I had at that moment.

And if you want a cheesy moment...Well, when I discovered that you could hide at the very bottom and very rear of the tram near the end of Quarantine Zone. That made a exceedingly frustrating section easy mode because literally just hide back there and walk away from the controller while the game plays itself. Then you just active camo and run off the thing when it docks at the end of the level.
You can also go to that back of the gondola and jump up to the top and just ride from up there. No enemies can get you. Then just jump off the side and then off to the platform and run into the library
combing through an entire level for one hit wonder weapons for elites then never using them because they are out of its effective range
You would find me in a dark room laying in the fetal position crying the words why, why did I do this to myself.
Halo CE: Wort Wort Wort
Halo 2: Sniper Jackels... Sniper Jackels everywhere...
Halo 3: We kill each other more than the enemies
Halo 4: Someone sitting back while the other "Yolos" through the enemies.
Halo Reach: Armor Lock!!!
Halo 5: N/A
The most memorable thing is skipping the first two segments of the Halo 4 level "Shutdown". It's probably the most skipping you can do.
D0OF3R wrote:
Revert to last checkpoint.
Should be "don't break your controller" LOL. This is so funny because I know I'm not the only one who can relate to this. My heart sank every single time I died. Reverting to my last checkpoint was probably harder than whatever mechanism by which I expired 5 seconds prior. But seriously, the four letters sums it all up for me.
Halo 2, I went backwards when I started playing Halo at ten years old. Got Halo 3 for my B-Day and played it with a friend that I had over. Afterwards I went searching for Halo 2 and Combat Evolved. After two was found, I went back home and immediately jumped into the campaign on Legendary. I thought it be easy just like how H3 was (on Legendary). I was sadly mistaken. But I still did it. Found ways to get out of the map and go around instead of going directly into a sniper nest. Still my favorite Halo campaign out of all of them.
Whenever I'm playing a game on the hardest difficulty I have the most trouble coping with my AI allies. Lowlights include my Halo 5 comrades, who could never seem to vault over obstacles or find adequate cover. I was surprised to find that the Arbiter on Halo 3 is pretty effective on Legendary.

Not Halo, but honorable mention to the SAS soldiers fighting through the plane with me on Mile High Club. These dudes are too slow to help me clear each room, but just fast enough to pin me in a corner when I'm reloading. >:(
Halo CE: Truth and Reconciliation made me quit multiple times
Halo 2: No idea why, I didn't really struggle with this one
Halo 3: Difficult but manageable
Halo 3 ODST: Probably the most fun legendary run I had, didn't find it unfairly difficult
Halo Reach: Plasma pistol and DMR and Needler
Halo 4: Ran out of ammo a lot, never felt like I could rely on a specific loadout, which added to some variety
Halo 5: Okay this one was really tough. Even with my teammates reviving me, I could never control them like I wanted to. Some of those Warden fights were BRUTAL and my teammates would run into the line of fire and get instantly downed.

Halo Wars 1 & 2: I struggled with these games on normal mode no way am I attempting Legendary.

But side note, I recently replayed Halo Wars 1 on Easy and found it extremely peaceful and soothing. Just building up imaginary resources and steamrolling the Covenant, good times!
I developed grey hair.
uhblindkid wrote:
I developed grey hair.
In a month or two, we might finally be playing reach on PC. How much harder is reach compared to something like, the torturous CE on legendary?
killing everything that moves and searching for skulls
Hours of me ripping out my hair and screaming at my tv because I decided to play Legendary first thing and have absolutely no idea what to expect and how I should plan accordingly lol
Hours of me ripping out my hair and screaming at my tv because I decided to play Legendary first thing and have absolutely no idea what to expect and how I should plan accordingly lol
Expect to die... many many times.
Understanding real pain by playing LASO in ODST.
ill keep you in mind next time i think about halo 3 odst LASO
Trying to the Tribute Room on Legendary and finally getting there to only have your clueless brother to press the back button and making us do it all over again.
personally, i've only played 3 on legendary:

CE: this sucks on truth & reconciliation. no CE pistol, no shotgun, and your sniper bullets rebound of hunter armour, which can potentially kill you, AND the god dammed cloaked elites with swords as soon as you enter the ship, which just wipes out your marine squad and forced me to sit in one of the doors where the enemies spawn(to get in, kill the enemies and then slip in while the doors are still open,. yuo can still walk out of the corridor, but not back in), this mission sucks, 343 guilty spark is actually fun, just shoot of the arms on the flood
4:I finished this after about a week. and god damn, mythic and thunderstorm is not a good idea. piloting through the Didact's ship is nigh on impossible. but a tip for the Promethean knights, overcharge a boltshot and then spray an entire clip of supressor sounds into the knight
5:This is just dumb, I kill about 10 waves of soldiers, crawlers and a couple dozen of nights, and then 3 night spawn in the same area, and all i have left is my one special splaser and a hydra. also, the number of times i've been one-tapped by a light rifle is rediculous
REACH:very fun, but elites with plasma repeaters are just downright stupid, WAY TOO MUCH DPS, so you either snipe him a couple of times, use all of your frags and plasma nades on one elite, or you play co-op and run away
Trying to the Tribute Room on Legendary and finally getting there to only have your clueless brother to press the back button and making us do it all over again.
gosh, halo 5 blue team - legendary, about to get a rocket launcher and my friend spartan charges me into the abyss of space
gosh, halo 5 blue team - legendary, about to get a rocket launcher and my friend spartan charges me into the abyss of space
LOL! i can't tell you how much I'm laughing right now.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5