7. 33
  8. ...
  9. 48
Rhydon65 wrote:
L3ntPuma wrote:
Rhydon65 wrote:
I hate algebra.
'Come on, algebra is fun.
I don't see anything fun about a class with cryptic, headache inducing, abstract problems that threatens to derail my college career. It doesn't help that none of the math professors actually teach us here, they just expect mymathlab to do all the 'teaching' for them.
I hate it as well. It was the cause of one year of headaches. That's why I changed my career to journalism.
Well, one of the things that I hate about college right now is that they're giving me a lot of work that I can't be on the Waypoint as i used to. I mean, I used to be here frequently, now I can barely get in DX
Hey guys, been a LONG time since I last came here but I would like to ask some life advice.

It has been a while and my brother is around 22 while I am in my mid teens. My problem here is that I simply CANNOT bare living with him anymore.

Other than the fact that he purposely failed his college courses for 2 years by not studying and his failure to complete English 12, he has done absolutely nothing to even try and clean up his act. He doesn't even wipe the toilet seat after using it and usually leaves the bathroom as a soaking mess. He keeps imposing that he doesn't need or want a job when my parents are paying for his tuition and are going to run out of spare cash. We are actually immigrants and he came here at the age of seven to study abroad and have a better life yet he takes this all for granted.

Now onto psychological issues, he literally talks like a baby. He speaks in third person all the time, looks absolutely mentally challenged in public while doing so and staring with wide eyes at the floor or ceiling, smiles like the joker(all tensed up, etc), and most importantly, he doesn't speak like a person at all. He has devolved into saying simple phrases which make even casual English conversations in the hood look intelligent. Such an example is "Mammy stop touch Bobby' with the most absolutely revolting imitation of a child's smile and tone.

I try and try again to not lose hope, however this is really starting to kill my insides currently. This older brother who bullied me when I was 5-10 physically and emotionally, always trying to make himself seem superior, devolved into a mindless bum who can't let go of his life as a single child.

Can some of you guys give some non violent advice other than ignoring him?
Cyanades wrote:
Hey guys, been a LONG time since I last came here but I would like to ask some life advice.

It has been a while and my brother is around 22 while I am in my mid teens. My problem here is that I simply CANNOT bare living with him anymore.

Other than the fact that he purposely failed his college courses for 2 years by not studying and his failure to complete English 12, he has done absolutely nothing to even try and clean up his act. He doesn't even wipe the toilet seat after using it and usually leaves the bathroom as a soaking mess. He keeps imposing that he doesn't need or want a job when my parents are paying for his tuition and are going to run out of spare cash. We are actually immigrants and he came here at the age of seven to study abroad and have a better life yet he takes this all for granted.

Now onto psychological issues, he literally talks like a baby. He speaks in third person all the time, looks absolutely mentally challenged in public while doing so and staring with wide eyes at the floor or ceiling, smiles like the joker(all tensed up, etc), and most importantly, he doesn't speak like a person at all. He has devolved into saying simple phrases which make even casual English conversations in the hood look intelligent. Such an example is "Mammy stop touch Bobby' with the most absolutely revolting imitation of a child's smile and tone.

I try and try again to not lose hope, however this is really starting to kill my insides currently. This older brother who bullied me when I was 5-10 physically and emotionally, always trying to make himself seem superior, devolved into a mindless bum who can't let go of his life as a single child.

Do you have enough free time/desire to try a part-time job? Depending on what it is, it'll eat up most of the time you'd otherwise spend with your brother.
L377UC3 wrote:
Cyanades wrote:

Do you have enough free time/desire to try a part-time job? Depending on what it is, it'll eat up most of the time you'd otherwise spend with your brother.
I'm trying to find some part time jobs however where I live, the local jobs all require a high school degree or local experience in some form. It is really a really flawed system...hard to get into...
I have my aunt's business which I may be able to work at however it is quite far out of town and with my school and sports, I am not in the best condition to commit.
A fault on my part is how I have a really high temper when it comes to him alone as I only spend around 3 hours a day with him in the house.

Off topic:As far as funding goes, I've made pretty good amounts from bursaries and some sweet scholarship applications if I go to the university. I was also away all summer working with youth and made $3k for each month.

Back on topic, thanks for the idea, while it may be hard, it is pretty possible to do. Any other ideas would help.

Most of the old waypointers are gone it seems...
Cyanades wrote:

Well, It sounds like he feels very insecure and his self-esteem is pretty low. Going by the way you described it. Talking like a younger persons (a child) is "kind of" comparable to a defense system. Makes it sometimes feel like you are younger thus removing any problems you currently have that are tied into responsibility out of your thought pattern and make you feel less depressed. Maybe it's a good idea to see a doctor if he's been stuck for so long. Maybe he want's to go on but has personal or psychological issues with it. So it seems he's going trough a rough time.

This doesn't HELP YOU per so, No. But Understanding takes a lot of the tension away. See where you are now. accept that regardless of influents from the outside making you see it different and maybe try to help him .

Other than that. It's not your responsibility so if you want to move away no one can stop you but Law. As long as that isn't a problem you can look at the possibility's.
Try to lead a healthy good life yourself before helping people.
So apparently, me admitting to liking someone warrants said someone to block me on all social media platforms. This is someone who hasn't even known me for two weeks, has only scratched the surface of my personality, and yet is somehow so appalled by the prospect of me having a crush on them that they feel the need to block me in every method of communication possible.

What a horrible way to treat another person.
Andycu5 wrote:
So apparently, me admitting to liking someone warrants said someone to block me on all social media platforms. This is someone who hasn't even known me for two weeks, has only scratched the surface of my personality, and yet is somehow so appalled by the prospect of me having a crush on them that they feel the need to block me in every method of communication possible.

Maybe this said someone is just scared? and doesn't know how to deal with it so it doesn't deal with it at all by locking everything ?

If not!.... Yeah
Andycu5 wrote:

Well, to be fair, they've removed all ambiguity from the relationship.
Cyanades wrote:
L377UC3 wrote:
Cyanades wrote:

I'm trying to find some part time jobs however where I live, the local jobs all require a high school degree or local experience in some form. It is really a really flawed system...hard to get into...
I have my aunt's business which I may be able to work at however it is quite far out of town and with my school and sports, I am not in the best condition to commit.
A fault on my part is how I have a really high temper when it comes to him alone as I only spend around 3 hours a day with him in the house.

Off topic:As far as funding goes, I've made pretty good amounts from bursaries and some sweet scholarship applications if I go to the university. I was also away all summer working with youth and made $3k for each month.

Back on topic, thanks for the idea, while it may be hard, it is pretty possible to do. Any other ideas would help.

Most of the old waypointers are gone it seems...
Yeah it does seem a lot less active than usual. I'd just say make yourself busy as much as possible, in ways where he isn't present. It could be getting a job, it could be volunteering or going to a friend's house, or it could be just shutting yourself in your room with the door locked playing Xbox. As someone two years his senior who doesn't have a college degree but a very steady and high paying job, I find it sad when people around my age don't apply themselves. I suppose he'll learn one way or other, and you can only meltdown on him every so often.
Andycu5 wrote:

People can be petty, and especially nowadays social media has become an outlet for people to be cruel. I wouldn't really sweat it, they've made it clear what their position is. It's their loss as a person that they can't handle things in an adult manner - something you should be grateful you never had the chance to get involved in.
Good morning all!

Some deep and interesting conversations going on.
MAX2107 wrote:
Good morning all!

Some deep and interesting conversations going on.
Evening!
Yeah, nice to see the Bathroom with some interesting topics !

:( We really have to change the name..
And today's award for "strangest place a sentence can go when taken out of context" goes to...
L377UC3 wrote:
And today's award for "strangest place a sentence can go when taken out of context" goes to...
So what do I win ? A golden mini toilet ?
L377UC3 wrote:
So what do I win ? A golden mini toilet ?
What about a platinum plunger?

Seriously though, what should this place be called? Break room is meh, bathroom has, well, interesting connotations. I'd like it to be more of a holodeck. Maybe Mess Hall. Common Room perhaps? Living Room?
Barracks?
MAX2107 wrote:
Barracks?
Better !
What about a platinum plunger?
I'll Take it!
MAX2107 wrote:
Barracks?
Yeah, that's the perfect name.
MAX2107 wrote:
Barracks?
Nah. How 'bout The Bro Lounge