Skip to main content

Forums / Community / General Discussion

The Fate of Lasky

OP x N7 117 x

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I don't know about anybody else but ever since Halo 4, I took a liking to Lasky. He is one of the better characters 343i introduced since they started to make the canon. From what we can gather from Halo: Infinite, the Infinity is destroyed. What do you think happened to Lasky and the Infinity's crew? I really hope Lasky and Palmer (yes, even her) are alive and scattered across the Halo ring.
I liked lasky as a character and realy hope he survived
I don't think they'd rid us of Lasky unless it was to make a point near the end. I'd be more suspicious of Locke's faith tbh.
Its too early to say the infinity is destroyed imo. Unless something huge hit it. It was regarded as the most powerful ship in the galaxy after the human covenant war. As a side note Cortana was hunting it down pretty heavily at the end of 5 because she new its threat and what it held. There's a good chance that if it was destroyed it was by her and the banished. Its probably more out of commission then complete gone but who knows.
XMrPaniniX wrote:
Its too early to say the infinity is destroyed imo. Unless something huge hit it. It was regarded as the most powerful ship in the galaxy after the human covenant war. As a side note Cortana was hunting it down pretty heavily at the end of 5 because she new its threat and what it held. There's a good chance that if it was destroyed it was by her and the banished. Its probably more out of commission then complete gone but who knows.
Check the trailer again around the 7:15 mark. Looks like a bunch of ID tags from Infinity that all change to show deceased..
Sierra0331 wrote:
XMrPaniniX wrote:
Check the trailer again around the 7:15 mark. Looks like a bunch of ID tags from Infinity that all change to show deceased..
Infinity's subships could have infinity designations too. And a good amount of it read as ONI too. And infinity is a big ship, so heavy damage could look like that.
I am hoping that Thomas Lasky and the entire crew from the UNSC Infinity ship survived in the upcoming Halo Infinite. I really want to see them teaming up with Master Chief in the new Halo video game.
I have a good feeling that Lasky is still alive in Infinite. Killing an interesting character off-screen would be a mistake.
It would be a shame if they wrote off Lasky, or the Inifinity for that matter. At least let them go out with a bang if that was their fate.
I like Lasky. I hope we get a side quest revolving around him. If he's alive.
I'd be pretty upset if they decided to kill him off, He's one of the best new characters introduced in the new trilogy. His reduced role in Halo 5 was disappointing and I'm hoping we see more of him in infinite.
XMrPaniniX wrote:
Don't forget the Infinity was boarded 3x times and it was almost destroyed by a Covenant Space Station. I would not be surprised if they finally got it also you can see a ships remains in the trailer, take a long look at that ship.
XMrPaniniX wrote:
Don't forget the Infinity was boarded 3x times and it was almost destroyed by a Covenant Space Station. I would not be surprised if they finally got it also you can see a ships remains in the trailer, take a long look at that ship.
Which trailer? There a few different ones. I'm curious and want to take a peak
XMrPaniniX wrote:
XMrPaniniX wrote:
Which trailer? There a few different ones. I'm curious and want to take a peak
The newest one the gameplay trailer before he gets the Warthog.
There are a few things I want to point out, the first being I think Lasky is alive. 343 know that a lot of people like him and if he was killed offscreen that’d be a big mistake and a waste of an interesting character. Lasky was such a bro during Halo 4, especially when he gave us the fully armed Pelican and let us take it. Shame he lost the limelight in 5 but 343 surely wouldn’t pass up on him in Infinite.

Secondly, are we even sure we can trust this device pinging up so many crew members and complement of the Infinity being deceased. Now I’m not saying it is, but maybe it’s a trick or it’s not accurate. We just don’t know if we can 100% trust it yet.

Thirdly, maybe these crew members and complement were killed on their way back to the Infinity aboard a Pelican or they were dropping to the surface of the Halo and were picked off during their descent.

Lastly, I think we have a grim reality here as I think these soldiers (interestingly we have ODSTs too from the logos next to some of the tags) were aboard the Infinity and the Infinity was shot down above the ring and they died. Then once the ship crashed onto the ring the Banished started hunting the surviving members. I think it would be cool to try and gather together a strong force from the surviving members and co-ordinate a resistance against the Banished on the ring. Basically similar to CE in some ways but the gameplay keeps it unique and fun to play but we also experience it more this time as most of the media focusing on the gathering forces and supplies on Installation-04 was in the books, and I think it’d be cool to see that transpire in a game, but it will have a different background ofc.
That was my first thought too.

I wouldn't doubt that this campaign turns into a sort of variant of Mass Effect 3 or Star Wars Episode 9 (which, is a little unfortunate - as both those games are the worst installments in their franchises). Rallying the galaxy with what troops you can find, and transponders are left out there as Master Chief - maybe taking back that Halo ring and using it as a staging ground or safe haven for the remaining UNSC forces.

I wouldn't doubt that this campaign turns into a sort of variant of Mass Effect 3 or Star Wars Episode 9 (which, is a little unfortunate - as both those games are the worst installments in their franchises). Rallying the galaxy with what troops you can find, and transponders are left out there as Master Chief - maybe taking back that Halo ring and using it as a staging ground or safe haven for the remaining UNSC forces.
You know, I actually wouldn't mind that.
x N7 117 x wrote:
I don't know about anybody else but ever since Halo 4, I took a liking to Lasky. He is one of the better characters 343i introduced since they started to make the canon. From what we can gather from Halo: Infinite, the Infinity is destroyed. What do you think happened to Lasky and the Infinity's crew? I really hope Lasky and Palmer (yes, even her) are alive and scattered across the Halo ring.
Agree with lasky, don’t agree with Palmer. Maybe we’ll get to shoot at her burned and broken corpse.

That would really fit in with the that halo infinite will be expanded over time, via downloadable content.
I like Lasky and I hope they don’t just sweep him and the other new characters under the rug. I feel like if they killed them off before the game starts, or if they just never mentioned those characters again, it would be a poor way to move on
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2