Forums / Community / General Discussion

[Locked] The question ever since Halo was released!

OP SceptileYoutube

Is this it Chief? Is being the main Protagonist in a game it?

Leave your thoughts please...
Not sure I understand your question -- are you asking what we gamers find so attractive about the halo franchise? Because yes - in part, for most of us, it is the Master Chief. He's the symbol of heroism we grew up experiencing this universe through, and with all the lore we have surrounding his life now, he's basically taken on a life of his own. He simply cannot be replaced - he cannot exist without halo, and halo cannot exist without him, in my opinion.
No, he's got other things to do besides be the protagonist of Halo. I think you can book him for birthday parties and stuff.
No, he's got other things to do besides be the protagonist of Halo. I think you can book him for birthday parties and stuff.
Lol yeah I think I see him wandering gaming conventions from time to time...

But seriously OP, yeah that was pretty much all the Chief was meant to be in the beginning. He was intended to be a shell for the player to insert themselves into. That's why he had no speaking lines during game play. When Cortana would talk to him, she was really talking to you. But as the games and story progressed, the Chief was given a bigger role and more lines of dialogue. Heck even Fall of Reach came out before CE, which actually kinda contradicts the idea that the Chief was an empty shell since he was developed somewhat as a character in his own right in that book.

To put it simply, in the beginning he was just a main protagonist, but as the story expanded into the extended universe, he became one of a few protagonists with a bit more interesting character traits shown in the games.
“Sir, request permission to leave the station”
“For what purpose Master Chief?”
“To make little Timmy’s 6th birthday one to remember”
”Permission granted”
”Permission granted”
"And take Halsey with you, we're running low on Spartans"
Not sure if I understand, but while Chief is the protagonist of Halo, there are others just as important as him that aren’t in the spotlight as much.
Not sure I understand your question -- are you asking what we gamers find so attractive about the halo franchise? Because yes - in part, for most of us, it is the Master Chief. He's the symbol of heroism we grew up experiencing this universe through, and with all the lore we have surrounding his life now, he's basically taken on a life of his own. He simply cannot be replaced - he cannot exist without halo, and halo cannot exist without him, in my opinion.
I was making a spinoff joke of the "That aint it Chief" meme.
”Permission granted”
"And take Halsey with you, we're running low on Spartans"
Timmy no!!!!! lol

"negative Admiral, I don't like it"
I was making a spinoff joke of the "That aint it Chief" meme.
No memes, please.