Forums / Community / General Discussion

The Silent Death of Halo

OP LOLMickeyMan

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2

Dear 343:

Halo is going down hill it is not become popular at all the Halo was drop of from the MLG community. You always say "lets do what the Halo community wants use to do" now it's the time to listen to what the community wants. Halo was the best franchise during Halo CE, Halo 2 & the longs game for the MLG community Halo 3. If you want to make huge impact in the next Halo this what you need to do 343, you need to make Halo 5 be like Halo 3 were there was no armor abilities not even sprinting. Thats why Halo 3 was and is the best game of all times. We need to go back to that stander. However for the next Halo 5 there should not be any glitches at all. By doing this Halo's market will go high back and be better, but all I'm saying 343 is if we go the way your headed the Franchise is over. I don't want the Halo franchise to be over. I want it to be live for ever and be a legendary game.

Thank you,
Mickey
Remind me why you posted this under the Universe Forum?

This thread should go under the "Nonconstructive Criticism" Forum.

Answer quickly because this thread will get locked soon.
Why did you post this in the Halo Universe forum? This is forum for the discussion of the narrative and lore of the Halo games, books and so on.
then were do i post it give the url
I have to wait 190 days to see poll results.

Darn.
Myself, I would argue that the problem is the exact opposite of what the OP proposes. The major issue with the Halo franchise is that its mantra "combat evolved" rings rather hollow today.

For all of my issues with the abysmal campaign of Reach and the face-palming stupidity of the Spartan Ops in Halo 4, it at least introduced some new gameplay elements. That's been Halo's problem, its contentment to rest upon its laurels in terms of its gameplay, and in many ways, its flat-out refusal to realize that other FPS games have passed it by and that it desperately needs to innovate.

Look at Crysis, which reintroduced the ability to carry more weapons than the player has eyeballs (two pistols, two "assault" type weapons, a heavy weapon, thirty odd grenades, and C-4 remote detpacks), while also allowing the player to customize the abilities of their power-armor on the fly to the task best suited at hand. Look at FEAR and Time Shift, which had bullet-time like abilities (a chance for us to finally get to experience "Spartan Time"). Heck, look at Deus Ex: Human Revolution. It is somewhat irritating that I felt like more of a super-soldier in that game than I have *ever* felt like in Halo (with my ability to see through and punch through walls, leap off a skyscraper with no ill effects, inhale poisonous gasses without a problem, turn invisible at will, and launch a micro-grenade barrage from my arms, among a great many other things).

In sum, Halo desperately needs to advance in terms of its gameplay. With the removal of dual wielding, the only thing that its got to boast as a change since Combat Evolved came out nearly twelve years ago *are* those backpacks and now (finally) an integrated sprint function (that leaves my supposed post-human virtual demi-god of a soldier out of breath after less than ten seconds unless I spend one of my precious perk points to upgrade it). It needs to introduce a dynamic, fundamentally new element or I fear it is doomed to be relegated to "Generic Sci-Fi Shooter Number Six-Hundred-Twenty-Seven-Million."
Quote:
I have to wait 190 days to see poll results.

Darn.
seems a bit off topic..

On topic: every 3 years we say this. i really wish people would just play the game
Quote:
This thread should go under the "Nonconstructive Criticism" Forum.
So people are now labeling threads they don't like as non constructive .... right.
I would like Halo 5 to be more like Halo 3 but not exactly like it.

Well your right it doesn't have to be exactly like Halo 3. What they need to do is change the game a lot fix glitches the and all that stuff but make have the same feeling has Halo 3, because the franchise is not doing a good job in multiplayer. I want Halo 5 to be the best seller again and go back to the best MLG game.

You guy need to Help me change Halo so please tell your Friend or people you know that play halo to get invalid in the change.
Halo is 12 years old this year. Changing it back to Halo 3 WILL NOT "save" it.
Quote:
Neither will changing it into a style of game Halo was never meant to be.
Quote:
Quote:
I juxtapose that point with Halo Wars, which, in my opinion, is one of the few well executed RTS games on consoles. It had some flaws, for sure, but overall it was a good game.
I'd love for Halo to go back to Halo 3 , it was my first and in my opinion the best.That being said I don't want it to be like Halo 3 , I want it to be the best of all Halo's but that goal is near impossible when everyone likes different things.

I can respect 343i for looking to make Halo 4 their Halo and not just another Halo 2/3.I have faith in 343i and yes , Halo 4 has alot of problems but no developer makes a great game with no problems.It's their first game and I know they'll improve in future titles.

With that being said , I can understand the communities opinions as well and why they are upset about certain aspects of Halo 4.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I juxtapose that point with Halo Wars, which, in my opinion, is one of the few well executed RTS games on consoles. It had some flaws, for sure, but overall it was a good game.
I never played Wars, as I neither care about RTS games nor the story enough to play it.
It was a good idea, but didn't have the standing popularity of the other Halo games, nor filled the FPS niche of other Halo games. The thing with Wars is that it was never meant to play anything even remotely resembling a Halo game to begin with, Halo 4 was. And that's where Reach and Halo 4 failed.
No, OP, I disagree with you, there are two things that really need to change. first and foremost, the community needs to get over themselves, stop acting like spoiled little kids, stop getting butt hurt over MLG not being a part of Halo.

Second, MP, it's not as easy as you think. Was Halo 3's MP fun? Yes, to some people, and no to others. It's not the weapons, AAs, vehicles, or equipment that's to blame in Halo 4, it's the lack of custom game settings. Things these days are getting to god damn -Yoinking!- simple. And I'm not limiting that to just Halo, I'm also commenting on everything these days.

I much rather have to spend 5 to 10 minutes figuring out how to create a gametype I'll enjoy, vs spending those 5 minutes searching through the simplified settings trying to figure out who get do more advance settings.

OP, and others, there are a large number of people who enjoy each and everyone of the different Halo MP gameplay. Not just Halo 2, not just Halo 3, and not just Halo 4 or Reach. Some of us enjoyed Halo CE's MP* more than Halo 3's.

*before you guys start replying with "Halo CE was never an online MP!", go google Halo Combat Evolved PC, and Halo Custom Edition, and then sit down, shut up, and listen.

Every single new feature added to the game since Halo CE has been hated, and sometimes liked later on. It's a fact of Halo's life, and he's the thing, every single feature in Halo has a place in Halo. Now, with that said, should Halo take a giant step backward and go back to Halo 3's style of MP, NO, it should keep moving forward. But in no way, shape, or form does that mean Halo should look to the past for things it did best. But there are things that Halo did best in the past, that these days people don't value, and sometimes.

People jump on these forums, demand 343i fix Halo, they demand they change Halo back to what it was, they complain Halo is becoming more like COD in line of features, but turn around and suggest that Halo be like COD in the idea of not changing at all each title. And most if not all people who jump on these forums all have the "IT'S MY WAY OR THE -Yoinking!- HIGH WAY!" tude, and it's causing two problems. #1 The community is split, and the divide between each group is so large, you park the moon between them.
#2 the Developers are less willing to listen to the community for ideas, suggestions, and overall feedback because most the threads aren't feedback, but just flat out flaming threads full of hate, and they don't know who to listen too, and who not.

Halo isn't dying, it's the community in general that's dying, and it's taking Halo with it.
Quote:
The community needs to get over themselves, stop acting like spoiled little kids, stop getting butt hurt over MLG not being a part of Halo.
Although I agree that some of the community need to learn how to give back constructive criticism , I would have worded this differently.I think the community needs to word their opinions better and to not be so aggressive.Halo has always had one of the nicest communities around and it'd be a shame if we turned on each other.

Quote:
Second, MP, it's not as easy as you think. Was Halo 3's MP fun? Yes, to some people, and no to others. It's not the weapons, AAs, vehicles, or equipment that's to blame in Halo 4, it's the lack of custom game settings. Things these days are getting to god damn -Yoinking!- simple.
Some people like to state their opinion that they've had fun moments in other Halo titles that we have yet to see/experience in Halo 4.Halo was fun for me up until Reach and then Halo 4 came out and I recaptured some of the fun that I experienced in other Halo titles such as Halo 3.

Also making it easier to make custom games is a good thing although the lack of options , I'll agree on , could be improved for the next titles in the series.

And the AA's and custom loadouts are good in theory and they work for other games , but Halo has always used set loadouts and I think that would help satisfy quite abit of the community and to help bring back part of the competitive aspects that people know and love.

Quote:
OP, and others, there are a large number of people who enjoy each and everyone of the different Halo MP gameplay. Not just Halo 2, not just Halo 3, and not just Halo 4 or Reach. Some of us enjoyed Halo CE's MP* more than Halo 3's.

*before you guys start replying with "Halo CE was never an online MP!", go google Halo Combat Evolved PC, and Halo Custom Edition, and then sit down, shut up, and listen.
No need to be so aggressive about it.If you enjoy Halo CE Custom Edition better then that's good for you , but people still have the right to state their opinion on other titles as well.So I ask that you please keep it clean.

Quote:
Now, with that said, should Halo take a giant step backward and go back to Halo 3's style of MP, NO, it should keep moving forward.
I agree that Halo should keep moving forward , but abandoning its roots for the most part was never a good idea on Bungies part or 343i's ( imo atleast ). None the less , the only way to improve a game is to take risks , sometimes it pays off and sometimes it doesn't but I'll continue to support 343i in anyway I can.

Quote:
But in no way, shape, or form does that mean Halo should look to the past for things it did best.
I beg to differ , the best way in my opinion to improve a game is to look back at the things it did best and then improve upon those things to make the game better.

Quote:
But there are things that Halo did best in the past, that these days people don't value, and sometimes.
It's sad but true and here lies the predicament. 343i tried to draw in more of a audience from other titles and what people like within those titles but the Halo community didn't like that and instead of giving constructive criticism we have constant flame wars about "Why this game sucks" or "I hate this game".It's a shame people can't give nice feedback about their experience within the game good or bad within a well mannered fashion.
People may disagree with me, but I think they should just look at Halo 3, and start innovating from there. Forget Halo Reach and Halo 4 ever happened and start a fresh. The Halo franchise started going downhill since Reach, and Halo 4 was just unplayable for me. Halo 3 was the perfect game for me, and many, many people, judging by sales and population statistics.

Anyone who says Halo should continue going on the path it's going on, instead of looking at what made Halo good and innovative, is basically saying they want Halo to be "wiped off the map".
I had convinced myself that this thread was going to be about multimedia with a sublimation problem.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2