Skip to main content

Forums / Community / General Discussion

The Story Behind Your Armor Choice

OP kermit6969

If you’ve played Halo 1-5, you’ve come across the armor customization option. This goes from simple colors to mixed matched armor pieces and visors. Is there any story for your chosen armor-set from your favorite Halo? What makes it so appealing, and what memories do you have while you dawned the armor?
Since I grew up with Halo, the color schemes I pick are kinda different from what I picked when I was younger, that being said I've always loved the default Halo 2 - 3 variant, just wearing it feels so nostalgic.
I've always stuck with EOD if it was possible in the Halo series but sadly 5's required a 100,000 req pack to get, that and I always use blue for the color scheme in every Halo ever since reach come out for MCC since it was a available color for all of the games and blended well with the environment
I earned the Recon armour back in 2009 and while I have had alterations since, I have always gone back to it in some form. I have always tried to keep my armour unchanged though across the Halo titles where the armour is available (with slight additions such as the Eternal Flames and the upcoming Legendary difficulty shield).
The story behind my current armor choice? As far as Halo 5 goes, well, here you go. Originally, I wore full Centurion armor, but once I got the Vigilant armors, I started wearing them (I still wear the Centurion helmet though) so I'm very different from the others claiming to be Fred-104s (most of who are in UNSC clans anyway).
No story here, I just like wearing the haunted helmet, the sniper rounds on my shoulders and the shotgun shells on my chest. And I top it all off (excuse the pun) with the eternal flames.
ODST because, it's ODST. Nuff said.
Venator for Halo 5 (Sunshot visor), and for some reason, i like the grey base, with a different color each week
kermit6969 wrote:
If you’ve played Halo 1-5, you’ve come across the armor customization option. This goes from simple colors to mixed matched armor pieces and visors. Is there any story for your chosen armor-set from your favorite Halo? What makes it so appealing, and what memories do you have while you dawned the armor?
I wear the Mark VI armor(Mark V CE)in All Halo games because I like ithe Master Chief Armor
A hazard pay skin collection.
In Halo 5 I wear Timmy cause not many people wear it and its a whale. Who doesnt love whales
No rhyme or reason other than I liked the way it looked the last time I changed my armor. I typically get tired of a particular set after a while and change it up to keep things interesting. As for the color, I feel obligated to get as close to gold as possible, so unfortunately my subconscious hasn’t let me choose other colors ever since I got this gamer tag in Halo 2
I do usually either decide my armor set based on an interesting challenge related to obtaining the armor or unique design. Here are some of the choices.
  • Halo 3: Hayabusa armor set with the Katana chest piece due to interesting unlock requirement and design
  • Halo Reach (Xbox 360): Haunted helmet as it's the reward for reaching Inheritor
  • Halo Reach (MCC): Mister Chief helmet due to the infamous unlock requirements
  • Halo 4: Mark VI armor as it used to be the reward for completing the campaign commendations in Halo 4
  • Halo 5: Helioskrill due the fact that this armor used to have the status as a reward for completing the Legend achievement in MCC
honestly, there was some random poster i saw on forgehub who had a signature of his h3 spartan, security helm with olive green and teal as his colors, he had a name that was really cool to me at the time and those colors were my favorites together irl so i've been using it ever since. i switch to ODST helm a ton though
Use the Mark V helmet in every game since CE is my favorite.
Translator
One of my favorite armor is the Mark IV and OSDT, simple the story I have followed since Halo 1 with the Master Chief and I fell in love with Halo OSDT for its gameplay, music and history.
Alternate realities with different chiefs