OP XCalamityJamesX

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. ...
  6. 15
Alpha btw wrote:
Nah but look that's the thing, this is strictly halo clan business..
You want an active community with a website, excellent structure and organization, +400 members, clan activities, tournaments and all the good stuff? We got that.

And as I said in my invite, you and I don't have to be friends at all for that. (and I understand if you chose not to deal with me on the website or in game)

Again yeah even thought it was a back and forth discussion at it's core, I admit there was condescension and it was unnecessary. For that I apologize.

So yeah this is more for you guys that I've called names and such (I've been Penelope and Wesley), but hopefully we can go beyond this and enjoy this game as a community despite things, otherwise it's been good talking.
Alright, apology accepted.

Sadly I don't own Halo 5 anymore, so I don't really have a reason to join, unless this website I read in your description isn't under the same censorship rules as Waypoint?
It's a dedicated website for our clan. (enjin)

And yeah I mean we've got modded forums.

You can join to be part of the community there, we've got other games going on for different platforms too.
Battlefront, World of Tanks, R6S, Minecraft, soon Elite and Dangerous, and a few other smaller ones. Active members in all of them. So yeah, considering you can join a Halo squad at any time it's really up to you and what you're on at the moment.

Yeah I sold my xbox with H5 on it.
Getting it back by the end of the summer though.

Aight cool.
Here's a video of Bungie devs talking about building the multiplayer experience in Halo 3: https://youtu.be/p7eOybnH0uA
Notice how they mention things like "the halo canon" and "the golden 3 things of halo" (5:10) which don't include sprint, armor abilities and all the other shenanigans 343 has been up to.

You want to know what Halo REALLY is and why most veterans think Halo 5 is non-sense, here you go.

New-age fanboys will hate.
Most veterans don't think halo 5 is nonsense. Some do.

Im not going to read through the comments on this thread. It's been discussed over and over again.

343 and Bungie are not night and day. There isn't one dev company better than the other. They've both made great games, good games, and neither has made a bad game. I happen to think 343's latest is better than bungies last 2. One isn't evil, nor the other righteous.

Same goes for halo fans. Not all older fans think halo 5 is "non-sense", in my experience few do. I still play with many old gamers who grew up playing the franchise, some that were already adults when CE was released. not all younger fans are 343 fan boys. Most gamers don't give a crap about the devs or the communities attempts to pit new vs old. 343 vs Bungie. They just want to game.

I'm not going to watch this ten year old video. I'm going to go play halo 5 and have fun doing so. Have fun with the debate.
Obviously millions that don't play anymore do.
You mean the millions of gamers who are now starting young families?

I grew up on goldeneye. Played CE and halo2 in young adulthood religiously. Had to skip most of halo 3 and reach. Because a young family man doesn't really have the same time to game.

Most of the halo CE to 3 kids are now young men. Without the time they used to have.
Alpha btw wrote:
OP is a child, ignore thread.
Eugene,

Welcome back. Would it shock you to learn I'm not a child?

Also,
  • Sherlock
  • Watson
  • Kevin
  • Brian
You're all awfully quiet.
It might shock you to know that I don't spend 24/7 on this forum. I have this thing called a job and this other thing called a life. Plus you're not interesting enough to keep talking to. I appreciate the invite but I don't think you want me in your group, I'm not that great. And I know you guys over there take it pretty seriously and have practices and stuff, which I probably can't do with my schedule. I already belong to your website because for a little while I was playing with the Star Wars Battlefront/Fighter Squadron guys over there. But I wasn't available to practice enough for their liking so I took a hike.
because only bungie decides what makes Halo, Halo...
Ikr? Isn't isn't it dumb that authors decide what their creations are? *sign*
So Microsoft Studios the author of Halo 5 doesn't decide what Halo is... *sigh*
because only bungie decides what makes Halo, Halo...
Ikr? Isn't isn't it dumb that authors decide what their creations are? *sign*
So Microsoft Studios the author of Halo 5 doesn't decide what Halo is... *sigh*
OP was being sarcastic.

That said, your "n't" makes your satiriziation of his post very ambiguous.

The owners of an IP decide what is and isn't apart of that franchise, not their consumers, unless you're going into some philosophical nonsense about "the essence of a series."
you're right that is what halo multiplayer should be, sprint in halo is like exos in COD, h4 was like cod aw, h5 is like bo3 becuase they "balanced" the new abilitites
zRiggsZ wrote:
you're right that is what halo multiplayer should be, sprint in halo is like exos in COD, h4 was like cod aw, h5 is like bo3 becuase they "balanced" the new abilitites
They play nothing like each other, you're just talking -Yoink-. Not trying to be a Halo White Knight, but they are still 2 very different games.

Plus this thread is old sauce.
Alpha btw wrote:
zRiggsZ wrote:
They play nothing like each other, you're just talking -Yoink-. Not trying to be a Halo White Knight, but they are still 2 very different games.

first of all old sauce really, second i never said halo plays like cod im just saying both games are going through a similar problem
zRiggsZ wrote:
Alpha btw wrote:
zRiggsZ wrote:

first of all old sauce really, second i never said halo plays like cod im just saying both games are going through a similar problem
I suppose so, innovation for the sake of innovation is a problem, and can harm the game.

Old sauce boi.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. ...
  6. 15