3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 15
Quote:
No, I don't think the golden triangle is a good argument, and I'm saying that as a classic fan. There's been so many exceptions to the golden triangle in the original games alone, and as a description itself it's very open-ended and vague, it could fit several games that clearly aren't Halo. "Guns, grenades, melee." Give CSGO a melee button and suddenly it's Halo right? Melee was entirely situational in Halo Ce as well, definitely not some major part of the game.
If the golden triangle is broken, Halo is broken.
So halo was broken in halo 2, 3, reach, 4, and 5? Wow, halo really needs to fix itself. There have been 5 broken halo games, and only 2 regular ones. Man halo's in bad shape /s.
do you know how to properly use the golden triangle?
Um, yes, but I'm not really sure what you mean by that.
it was not broken in halo 2 and 3 imo. your thoughts?
Dual wielding. 'Nuff said.
That is exactly why early halo games are favored so much, because maybe 343 thinks dual wielding is all it is too. The golden triangle is much more than just dual wielding.
Justima wrote:
Quote:
No, I don't think the golden triangle is a good argument, and I'm saying that as a classic fan. There's been so many exceptions to the golden triangle in the original games alone, and as a description itself it's very open-ended and vague, it could fit several games that clearly aren't Halo. "Guns, grenades, melee." Give CSGO a melee button and suddenly it's Halo right? Melee was entirely situational in Halo Ce as well, definitely not some major part of the game.
So halo was broken in halo 2, 3, reach, 4, and 5? Wow, halo really needs to fix itself. There have been 5 broken halo games, and only 2 regular ones. Man halo's in bad shape /s.
Dual Wielding did not break the Golden Triangle, but it caused the problem that players used less melee and grenade due to its weapon drop when done these. Bungie acknowledged the problem and tuned down the usage of Duel Wielding by making your spawn primary weapon to Assault and Battle Rifle in Halo 3.
Dual wielding did not let you throw grenades or melee without dropping your second gun. So, that really did break the triangle. They made it less common, but it still existed, which means the triangle was still broken.
Quote:
That is exactly why early halo games are favored so much, because maybe 343 thinks dual wielding is all it is too. The golden triangle is much more than just dual wielding.
It the golden triangle is broken by dual wielding. You can't throw a grenade or melee while dual wielding, so it breaks the triangle.

Just to let everyone know, I'm going to bed, so don't wait up for a reply.
Justima wrote:
Quote:
Dual Wielding did not break the Golden Triangle, but it caused the problem that players used less melee and grenade due to its weapon drop when done these. Bungie acknowledged the problem and tuned down the usage of Duel Wielding by making your spawn primary weapon to Assault and Battle Rifle in Halo 3.
Dual wielding did not let you throw grenades or melee without dropping your second gun. So, that really did break the triangle. They made it less common, but it still existed, which means the triangle was still broken.
dual wielding was an alternative, what broke the triangle was something much more valuable in halo.
Quote:
It the golden triangle is broken by dual wielding. You can't throw a grenade or melee while dual wielding, so it breaks the triangle.

Just to let everyone know, I'm going to bed, so don't wait up for a reply.
there is more secrets to the sacred golden triangle but i guess we can discuss later
Justima wrote:
Quote:
That is what I said. People didn't want to lose their second left weapon and the usage of melee and grenade decreased a lot. You could still throw grenade or punch by loosing it, which did not violate Golden Triangle. In Halo 5 you cannot do anything while ground pound, sprint, and thrust. At least Dual Wielding allowed you to do so, even though you end up loosing left weapon. The Golden Triangle means nothing should prevent player from using weapon, grenade and melee. Dual Wielding did not prevent player from doing it.
Here's a video of Bungie devs talking about building the multiplayer experience in Halo 3: https://youtu.be/p7eOybnH0uA
Notice how they mention things like "the halo canon" and "the golden 3 things of halo" (5:10) which don't include sprint, armor abilities and all the other shenanigans 343 has been up to.

You want to know what Halo REALLY is and why most veterans think Halo 5 is non-sense, here you go.

New-age fanboys will hate.
I'm gonna take ur "fact" as an opinion.
If u say Halo 5 is "nonsense, then u can consider Halo: Reach as nonsense since they introduce armor abilities and sprint. Oh yeah Reach is made by Bungie.
I'm guessing ur joining the bandwagon of hate towards 343i and sprint
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Halo is defined by its fans, if it has none, there is no Halo.
No it's defined by the developer.
No, it's not.
Yah it is. The developers dictate what it is, not the fans. They can say; " halo should be this" or "halo shouldn't be this," but they don't define what halo is.
So if 343 literally put a digital model of human -Yoink- on a disk and tell you it's Halo, that makes it Halo? No.

We decide what's Halo. They are making the game for us, so it doesn't matter what they say is Halo, it matters what we say. Until they start handing it out for free then what we say goes.

We told them Halo 4 was not Halo. Their response? "Well damn, we should probably switch it up" because even 343 is smart enough to know what I told you.
They could actually do that and call it halo. Of course, then halo would be dead and everyone would have to find new jobs. We don't decide what halo is. We can influence them, but we don't decide. What is halo to you? I can almost guarantee it will be different from mine. So if the community dictates what halo is, which of our ideas is halo?
They could and they would be wrong. That's my point.
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
I surprised people think just because Bungie made Reach, that means they don't quite know Halo. I thought it was common knowledge that at that point they were mentally checked out of Halo and were using Reach as a test for what they wanted to do with Destiny.
Or, you know, they could've not known what halo was and wanted to compete with other games.
That's a possibility. I mean, it's wrong, but it's a possibility.
Is there proof?
Maybe not. That's why it's a possibility.
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Halo is defined by its fans, if it has none, there is no Halo.
No it's defined by the developer.
No, it's not.
Yah it is. The developers dictate what it is, not the fans. They can say; " halo should be this" or "halo shouldn't be this," but they don't define what halo is.
So if 343 literally put a digital model of human -Yoink- on a disk and tell you it's Halo, that makes it Halo? No.

We decide what's Halo. They are making the game for us, so it doesn't matter what they say is Halo, it matters what we say. Until they start handing it out for free then what we say goes.

We told them Halo 4 was not Halo. Their response? "Well damn, we should probably switch it up" because even 343 is smart enough to know what I told you.
They could actually do that and call it halo. Of course, then halo would be dead and everyone would have to find new jobs. We don't decide what halo is. We can influence them, but we don't decide. What is halo to you? I can almost guarantee it will be different from mine. So if the community dictates what halo is, which of our ideas is halo?
Don't humor him, Arc Trooper. He'll just spam back with "nuh-uh" for 300 pages, no matter how nuanced your argument is.
No, you're mistaken, I don't do that in response to nuanced arguments. I do that in response to stupid arguments.
Hello, I am new in this forum
S1erra107 wrote:
Um, no, this is Halo
Even a 2 year old could snipe in H3 because everyone moved so slow.
S1erra107 wrote:
Um, no, this is Halo
Even a 2 year old could snipe in H3 because everyone moved so slow.
Where's your sniping montage then?
Here's a video of Bungie devs talking about building the multiplayer experience in Halo 3: https://youtu.be/p7eOybnH0uA
Notice how they mention things like "the halo canon" and "the golden 3 things of halo" (5:10) which don't include sprint, armor abilities and all the other shenanigans 343 has been up to.

You want to know what Halo REALLY is and why most veterans think Halo 5 is non-sense, here you go.

Okay, I'm just going to stop you there. I see you using the word Veteran. Why is their a ranking system to people's time on playing VIDEO GAMES. Doesn't make anything productive, the only correct usage of the word, "Veteran", is in the military branches. So please before you go labeling others as a "new age fanboy", or a "veteran", please do think that titles don't make you a superior race.

I am a Halo veteran and Halo 5 is great. It feels like Halo and it plays wonderfully. The spartan abilities added a nice touch to the games and I am happy that they are in the game.

It's not going back to the way it used to be so if you don't like it then leave, stop trying to prove what Halo is and just leave. These threads are pointless and aren't going to change anything.

I'm always astounded by Halo 5 haters... who have Achilles.

Doesn't make sense, IMO.
That's because I'm not a hater. I don't hate Halo5, I'm an honest critic who calls it what it is. (and what it isn't) The game is decent, been playing it. Do I enjoy it as much as H3? Nope. Do I think it tastes like a "good" halo game should? Nope. Does that make me a hater? Nope.
Try again.
Typical. So what's the story with you? Do you know what you think you should?

I'm always astounded by Halo 5 haters... who have Achilles.

Doesn't make sense, IMO.
That's because I'm not a hater. I don't hate Halo5, I'm an honest critic who calls it what it is. (and what it isn't) The game is decent, been playing it. Do I enjoy it as much as H3? Nope. Do I think it tastes like a "good" halo game should? Nope. Does that make me a hater? Nope.
Try again.
You're not a hater, you're just ignorant.
ignorant of game design philosophies, ignorant of the proper evolution of an arena FPS.

I can't fault you for it because knowing what you're talking about when it comes to these things isn't necessary to enjoy them, but don't make a post about golden rules and true multiplayer experiences when you don't know the first thing about either.

Please.
I really hate when people say halo 5's not a true halo game. I just don't get why. This an evolution, not like Reach or 4. One of the sprint haters gives some really good points on why the golden triangle argument is pointless. I'll call him over (I think it notifies you if your gamertag is mentioned). Hey Ramir3z77, tell this guy why the golden triangle argument is stupid. I might be able to find it, but then again, I might not.

Edit: I found it!
Quote:
Drawing more lines doesn't break existing ones.
OMG, another one of those "triangle topics"

This is getting ridiculous honestly.

Let me start by saying this. "OP, you dont have any right to label others as "veterans" or "new-age fanboys". Did you know that by sticking with all of that "triangle" thing it makes you and "old-age" fanboy, just because you do not accept changes. Now, Im not calling you a fanboy, but following your logic, well thats my POV.

Now, like I said in another topic. Grenade, melee and shoot, these 3 things that makes the triangle are called that way because these are the things that you get the most kills with, but at the same time, do not define what Halo is.

Playing smart, create battle tactics, and the most important thing, having fun, and maybe a little of competitive touch, now that what defines a good match of Halo.

What you call NON-SENSE, I call it "IMPROVEMENT".

NON-SENSE would be going back to old gameplay mechanics when we have new options to explore.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 15