Skip to main content

Forums / Community / General Discussion

THIS IS HALO (From the Horse's Mouth)

OP XCalamityJamesX

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 15
xX RPD Xx wrote:
OMG, another one of those "triangle topics"

This is getting ridiculous honestly.

Let me start by saying this. "OP, you dont have any right to label others as "veterans" or "new-age fanboys". Did you know that by sticking with all of that "triangle" thing it makes you and "old-age" fanboy, just because you do not accept changes. Now, Im not calling you a fanboy, but following your logic, well thats my POV.

Now, like I said in another topic. Grenade, melee and shoot, these 3 things that makes the triangle are called that way because these are the things that you get the most kills with, but at the same time, do not define what Halo is.

Playing smart, create battle tactics, and the most important thing, having fun, and maybe a little of competitive touch, now that what defines a good match of Halo.

What you call NON-SENSE, I call it "IMPROVEMENT".

NON-SENSE would be going back to old gameplay mechanics when we have new options to explore.
What about the fan girls out there?!? Say NO to sexism
kobiquil wrote:
xX RPD Xx wrote:
OMG, another one of those "triangle topics"

This is getting ridiculous honestly.

Let me start by saying this. "OP, you dont have any right to label others as "veterans" or "new-age fanboys". Did you know that by sticking with all of that "triangle" thing it makes you and "old-age" fanboy, just because you do not accept changes. Now, Im not calling you a fanboy, but following your logic, well thats my POV.

Now, like I said in another topic. Grenade, melee and shoot, these 3 things that makes the triangle are called that way because these are the things that you get the most kills with, but at the same time, do not define what Halo is.

Playing smart, create battle tactics, and the most important thing, having fun, and maybe a little of competitive touch, now that what defines a good match of Halo.

What you call NON-SENSE, I call it "IMPROVEMENT".

NON-SENSE would be going back to old gameplay mechanics when we have new options to explore.
What about the fan girls out there?!? Say NO to sexism
My bad about that xD
Hrrmm. Well, being able to mention other users is new to me. After years this place is finally getting the same functions as Beyond...maybe in a few more it will get the same culture...

Anyways, I might think the triangle is nonsense but it doesn't mean I disagree with his underlying views.
xX RPD Xx wrote:
kobiquil wrote:
xX RPD Xx wrote:
OMG, another one of those "triangle topics"

This is getting ridiculous honestly.

Let me start by saying this. "OP, you dont have any right to label others as "veterans" or "new-age fanboys". Did you know that by sticking with all of that "triangle" thing it makes you and "old-age" fanboy, just because you do not accept changes. Now, Im not calling you a fanboy, but following your logic, well thats my POV.

Now, like I said in another topic. Grenade, melee and shoot, these 3 things that makes the triangle are called that way because these are the things that you get the most kills with, but at the same time, do not define what Halo is.

Playing smart, create battle tactics, and the most important thing, having fun, and maybe a little of competitive touch, now that what defines a good match of Halo.

What you call NON-SENSE, I call it "IMPROVEMENT".

NON-SENSE would be going back to old gameplay mechanics when we have new options to explore.
What about the fan girls out there?!? Say NO to sexism
My bad about that xD
It's fine
Hey guys. Games change and evolve. FYI.
Hey guys. Games change and evolve. FYI.
Doesn't mean I have to like it, or that the changes are good ones. I'll never understand why people think change is inherently good. It's not. If America suddenly became a dictatorship you wouldn't be saying "Oh -Yoink- just changes, FYI".

Evolve is just a buzzword used to attach a positive connotation to an otherwise neutral word (change). Stop using it.
Ramir3z77 wrote:
Hey guys. Games change and evolve. FYI.
Doesn't mean I have to like it, or that the changes are good ones. I'll never understand why people think change is inherently good. It's not. If America suddenly became a dictatorship you wouldn't be saying "Oh -Yoink- just changes, FYI".

Evolve is just a buzzword used to attach a positive connotation to an otherwise neutral word (change). Stop using it.
No.
Stop speaking as if Bungie are and we're saints stop speaking of 343i as they're saints as well.
it would have been interesting to see where bungie would have gone from Reach, my guess not the different from 343 in all honesty.
How in the hell did nobody lazy link yet?
Because the OP provides retorts like
K Sherlock.
So it's obviously not really worth the time.
Funny but it's because he can't use links because he's only recruit. But still funny!
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Ramir3z77 wrote:
Hey guys. Games change and evolve. FYI.
If America suddenly became a dictatorship you wouldn't be saying "Oh -Yoink- just changes, FYI".
That example there is completely wrong for this scenario. We are talking about the "golden triangle" of halo, not about trump building a wall or becoming a dictator. See now, if the example was like if the assault rifle became a long range weapon or a redesign of the rocket launcher was used, then that would be alright. But not about dictatorship, that's vastly differant and for a differant thread... *coughcortanadictatorship*cough
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Halo is defined by its fans, if it has none, there is no Halo.
No it's defined by the developer.
No, it's not.
Yah it is. The developers dictate what it is, not the fans. They can say; " halo should be this" or "halo shouldn't be this," but they don't define what halo is.
That's also how a lot of franchises bite the bullet. The developer has to listen to fans a little or they can find them selves without many left.
Here's a video of Bungie devs talking about building the multiplayer experience in Halo 3: https://youtu.be/p7eOybnH0uA
Notice how they mention things like "the halo canon" and "the golden 3 things of halo" (5:10) which don't include sprint, armor abilities and all the other shenanigans 343 has been up to.

You want to know what Halo REALLY is and why most veterans think Halo 5 is non-sense, here you go.

New-age fanboys will hate.
I think you have an unfounded prejudice of this invisible barrier please stop.
Im just Halo fan in general and probably for life. don't really care what they say.
Snockooz wrote:
And yet they made reach which added sprint and armor abilities... Also, New-age Fanboys? I've been playing since Halo CE and I really doubt that you ever even played Halo CE PC online. But I guess if I like Halo 5 I must be a new-age fan boy...
Count me as a second one. Got the Original Xbox and Halo CE on Day 1. Played every single Halo game and pretty much read every book. I enjoy Halo 5 MP and the gameplay of the campaign (story not so much).

First of all, this is hypocritical since Bungie is the first to change Halo with Reach as you have stated Snockooz. Second, If Bungie continued making Halo 5, how do we know it wouldn't have ended up similar if not identical to Destiny, which is not even close to Halo in terms of the way the MP is and the campaign. Then how would everyone feel?
S1erra107 wrote:
Um, no, this is Halo
Even a 2 year old could snipe in H3 because everyone moved so slow.
wizecracker117, it is because of comments like these that make me believe you have either never played older Halos or have absolutely no idea and just run around commenting on forums. One of the biggest things I hate about Halo 5 is the sniper and how easy it is to headshot people. The huge hit box coupled with bullet magnetism to compensate for sprint is so annoying. Halo 3 snipers was my first 50 rank and I got that going in solo, so I know how sniper played in Halo 3.

In Halo 5 the snipers game mode is a joke, where the only kills people get are headshots. At first I thought people got better with aiming before I noticed I don't even have to bother to aim exactly on the head to get the headshots. I was laughing out loud at how easy it was no scoping people :D
Honestly OP, if you're going to start a thread in which you "aren't insulting anyone" then instantly calling people fanboys and haters in the first post you write, you're going to have a problem.

You haven't made a single response to anything that people have said to you. "K Sherlock" is not an argument, it's a condescending way of you saying you don't really care what people think because in your mind you're right and Bungie was infallible.

The "golden triangle" is a joke. What Bungie did with Reach was a joke.
In my eyes they've lost all credibility after 2010.
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Halo is defined by its fans, if it has none, there is no Halo.
No it's defined by the developer.
No, it's not.
Yah it is. The developers dictate what it is, not the fans. They can say; " halo should be this" or "halo shouldn't be this," but they don't define what halo is.
That's also how a lot of franchises bite the bullet. The developer has to listen to fans a little or they can find them selves without many left.
The devs make the game what they want it to be. They define it.
Fans can offer opinions and ways of improving the game, but in the end they're only fans. They didn't make the game, they can like it or not, but they can't say if it is or isn't Halo (for example).
343 has shown on plenty of occasions that they do listen to the fans so I honestly doubt that Halo will "bite the bullet" like other franchises. 343 listens and tries to keep the core Halo feel alive (even if they are messing up in certain areas, they've shown they can improve).
Seriously enough of this. Sprint is not going anywhere and nor should it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 15