Skip to main content

Forums / Community / General Discussion

Underrated Campaign Missions

OP MuffinzMachine

This is a sister post to my original "Underrated Multiplayer Maps" topic, which you can check out here: http://bit.ly/2rvLtPR

What are some of your favorite campaign missions that you think deserve more recognition? I wanna know! They can be from any Halo game. After this, we can discuss our favorite firefight maps.

I'll add a few of my own underrated favorites: The Package from Halo: Reach, Uplift Reserve from Halo 3: ODST, The Storm from Halo 3, Uprising from Halo 2, and 343 Guilty Spark from Halo: CE. (Sorry for the lack of Halo 4 and 5 missions. Not many missions from Halo 4 were extremely memorable for me and I haven't played Halo 5.) I like The Package from Halo: Reach due to the diverse environments and gameplay. (Use of vehicles, boots on the ground, etc.) I also love the introduction of Halsey and Cortana! I chose The Storm from Halo 3 because I feel like it gets overshadowed sometimes by The Ark or The Covenant. I love the vehicular combat, taking down a Scarab, an AA cannon, and watching the portal open up. I chose 343 Guilty Spark from Halo: CE for a similar reason; I feel like most people focus more on The Silent Cartographer or Halo. I love the eerie vibe of the swamp area and the first exposure to the Flood.

Let me know some of your favorites that don't get their due attention. I'm sure there are plenty and I wanna hear them!
  • Halo CE - Keyes
  • Halo 2 - Quarantine Zone/Sacred Icon, Uprising
  • Halo 3 - Floodgate
  • Halo 3: ODST - Kikowani Station
  • Halo: Reach - Exodus, New Alexandria
  • Halo 4 - Reclaimer, Composer
  • Halo 5 - Glassed, Genesis
I'm kind of exaggerating a bit on the Halo 4 and 5 ones. None of those, IMO are underrated. Those are just the ones I don't really hear people talk about that much.
I can easily say that the Library is an extremely underrated mission. It's also one of the more funny missions in Halo 1 if you use the right strategies and it's also not too difficult. My last 2 runs on that missions on Legendary did result in 2 deaths which isn't that bad for that mission. Most of the strategy is to know when to be aggressive or passive.
Ill go with the Libary,Quarantine Zone,Cortana,Reclaimer and Genesis.
Ill go with the Libary,Quarantine Zone,Cortana,Reclaimer and Genesis.
I'm very proud to say that Genesis is actually one of the more fun missions in Halo 5 and it do also hold the top spot in my top 5 Halo 5 campaign missions.

Genesis would actually be so much more fun if it wasn't so many invisible barriers and death barriers in that mission which limits exploration to the point of insanity. We have to see if improvements will be made when it comes ro limiting the power of death/soft kill/invisible barriers in Halo 6. Genesis and Reunion are 2 missions I would happily explore outside the boundaries if I was allowed to do that without falling out of the map.
I really liked reclaimer from halo 4 and keyes from halo ce
Halo CE: Keyes
H2: Sacred Icon, Quarantine Zone, Uprising, The Great Journey
H3: Crows Nest
HW: The first flood mission
ODST: The Mickey mission
Reach: Exodus and New Alexandria
H4: The last mission
H5: Genesis
From 4 the one where you're in a ghost and you're going really fast.
And from 5, genesis and the breaking.
Halo Reach: On the top of the spear (Campaign Mission 5)