Skip to main content

Forums / Community / General Discussion

Unofficial E3 Thread

OP MAX2107

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I figured we could keep the discussion to one thread instead of trying to search for various repeat threads.

-Bonnie Ross: "Epic Heroes. Epic Battles. Epic Worlds. This is Halo 5: Guardians."
-Nathan Fillion in trailer.
-Campaign gameplay from Fireteam Osiris
-New gametype, Warzone.
-New Xbox One exclusive, Recore
-Backwards compatibility for Xbox One
-New Xbox One controller, Elite. Customizable buttons, bumpers, thumbsticks and D-pad
They started off with a Campaign Demo, so I am not watching it!
Can anyone say when it's over.

I did throw a little peak at it though and I saw an interessting new plasma rifle. Or is just a big remodel?
I'm loving this already. Love how they started the briefing with Halo 5.
DynaSean wrote:
I'm loving this already. Love how they started the briefing with Halo 5.
Best way to start.
... That's it?
Someone tell me what's happening
Everything looks fantastic. Cannot wait to play it. Damn!
DynaSean wrote:
... That's it?
Seems incredibly short.
If there isn't more I'll be really pissed off
Thought it was all a bit "meh" to be honest. They didn't show us any of those "epic battles" they've been talking about. The level was pretty linear.

And I'm sure Warzone'll be a lot of fun, but I expected a bit more than just Halo's version of Titanfall multiplayer.
Honestly, it really looks a lot like Halo 4 aesthetically. I know the gameplay is different from the Beta, but looking at how things changed from H3 to Reach, from Reach to H4, a lot less has changed. The character models all look like they could've been pulled from Halo 4. I guess graphics got so good they can't improve it anymore?
Is that really it? Just a linear five minute campaign demo and the trailer for Warzone? I am unimpressed.
Honestly, it really looks a lot like Halo 4 aesthetically. I know the gameplay is different from the Beta, but looking at how things changed from H3 to Reach, from Reach to H4, a lot less has changed. The character models all look like they could've been pulled from Halo 4. I guess graphics got so good they can't improve it anymore?
This.
Backwards compatibility on Xbox One!
HOLY CRAP, Xbox one backward compatibility! This is just getting better and better!
Is the backward compatibility only for the new Xbox One's?

That surely can't be it? I'm hoping for a Hunt the Truth appearance, maybe by Petra or FERO?
DId anyone else's XBOX ONE FEED turn into... Japanese dubs? What the hell? I'm watching on Xbox One, and I have foreign language dubs. ANyone else?
Laxalt wrote:
Is the backward compatibility only for the new Xbox One's?
Heard may be patched into the software...
New Xbox One controller, Elite. Two more bumper pads, D-pad replaced with textured rolling pad.

Customizable!
I honestly do not care to be perfectly honest. I'd buy another new xbox one. This is amazing.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2