Forums / Community / General Discussion

Unsc particle beam weapons

OP BroodGuitar3757

I wonder why the unsc hasnt developed these types of energy weapons for there ships yet. I know we have more laser based weapons now in the post war but just wondering why no particle beam weapons for ships yet or anything like that. I remember reading the halo 2 manual statement on the particle beam rifle. Very precise very powerful uses RELATIVELY FAMILIAR particle beam accerlation method. I hope we start getting a few independant particlebeam cannons for some of unsc larger carriers. Not to replace the macs but as an optional thing
They and the SOS Should share tech
They actually have been. Helioskrill Mjolnir armor was designed by a Sangheili. Though I would like to see more collaborative efforts going forward.
Then again the ion field bombs that Are fired by the hannable mantis and wasp might be a particle beam based weapon
Prowlers also have some kind of directed energy weapon for pin-point satellite destruction. They got the Spartan Laser working too so point defense lasers are probably next up.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
They actually have been. Helioskrill Mjolnir armor was designed by a Sangheili. Though I would like to see more collaborative efforts going forward.
Same with the use of Hybrid scopes for weapons, i'm talking more so about vehicles like the needlerhog and maybe even ships
Prowlers also have some kind of directed energy weapon for pin-point satellite destruction. They got the Spartan Laser working too so point defense lasers are probably next up.
Those are pulse laser cannons they are standard on oni prowlers and of the few ship based energy weapons the unsc uses .
Same with the use of Hybrid scopes for weapons, i'm talking more so about vehicles like the needlerhog and maybe even ships
The infinity with energy projectors but they are lasers instead of plasmas as unsc has not msstered plasma technology