Skip to main content
I see the same threads being posted here and in the other game specific forums over and over again and I'd love to see more people participating for a more diverse experience. What do you guys think about a reward for reaching Spartan rank on the forums here in Infinite?

I think a skin or even just a nameplate would be stellar and that rewarding community involvement is a good thing.
I like the idea as a concept, but I see some major drawbacks.. Incentivizing players to come post on a forum in order to rank up so they can get a nameplate or skin would lead to a ton of randos coming around and spamming the forums. They wouldn't last long because Spartan Rank takes a couple thousand posts, but until they get bored of the endeavor or get booted off for violating the rules too many times, we would all have to suffer through a bunch of unnecessary spam posts.

I'd rather people be on here because they genuinely like discussing Halo. No ulterior motive should be required.
I like the idea as a concept, but I see some major drawbacks.. Incentivizing players to come post on a forum in order to rank up so they can get a nameplate or skin would lead to a ton of randos coming around and spamming the forums. They wouldn't last long because Spartan Rank takes a couple thousand posts, but until they get bored of the endeavor or get booted off for violating the rules too many times, we would all have to suffer through a bunch of unnecessary spam posts.

I'd rather people be on here because they genuinely like discussing Halo. No ulterior motive should be required.
This right here!

I agree 100%. I feel like there are some threads and replies that just get posted for the sake of it. Just leads to a bunch of random off topic or repeat posts.

Waypoint rank should remain to Waypoint. I’d love to see more activity on here but I’d want to see it for the right reasons such as being a part of the community rather than some in game reward.
I agree with the other 2. However, maybe a ingame profile watermark with your forum rank like "Wapoint Rabk: Spartan-Silver" would be a neat addition without bringing in all the spam.
I think they should both be kept seperate, with no rewards in place for making x number of posts.
Agreed with all the above...it’s bad enough the ‘rank system on here is nothing more than a post count. Someone brought up a while back that getting ‘likes’ should influence Spartan rank because if you get a like then it shows your post may have some substance to it rather than just posting to post. I wouldn’t mind having an emblem or something for being an active member in the community but it’s not a ‘need’. By being an active member of this forum I am already rewarded with information and more times than not a funny enough thread that is like an episode of Jerry Springer occasionally. 🍿

Agreed 100%. It would be cool though if you did receive a reward..even if it’s just 2 gold Req packs
NO. NO. NO. NO.

Telling people they will get a reward for posting on a forum will not get them to engage in the discussion. It will make them spam like there's no tomorrow. If you tell people they need to get X number of thing, they will find the least-effort way of getting it, and that is the complete opposite of what forum posts should be about.

People should get involved in the community because they want to, because they like it, not because it gives them some virtual item they need for completeness' sake/to feel superior about. "Get X number of thing", or any quantifiable metric is a completely asinine way to measure community involvement. Community involvement isn't about doing a lot of stuff, it's about doing stuff that matters. It's about helping people, it's about engaging with people, it's about making people feel welcome, it's about giving people something to think about, it's about bringing people together.

Community involvement is personal, and any reward for it should be likewise. As soon as you have an automated system handing out rewards for reaching some set target, you're not rewarding community involvement anymore.
You already get a reward with a signature being allowed.
tsassi wrote:
NO. NO. NO. NO.

Telling people they will get a reward for posting on a forum will not get them to engage in the discussion. It will make them spam like there's no tomorrow. If you tell people they need to get X number of thing, they will find the least-effort way of getting it, and that is the complete opposite of what forum posts should be about.

People should get involved in the community because they want to, because they like it, not because it gives them some virtual item they need for completeness' sake/to feel superior about. "Get X number of thing", or any quantifiable metric is a completely asinine way to measure community involvement. Community involvement isn't about doing a lot of stuff, it's about doing stuff that matters. It's about helping people, it's about engaging with people, it's about making people feel welcome, it's about giving people something to think about, it's about bringing people together.

Community involvement is personal, and any reward for it should be likewise. As soon as you have an automated system handing out rewards for reaching some set target, you're not rewarding community involvement anymore.
I agree 100% with your statement but the above bold/italicized portion is already how rank on the forums is handled. I know there's not much in the way to improve the ranking system on here but it is what it is.
Bro, im with u
EchoAge98 wrote:
I see the same threads being posted here and in the other game specific forums over and over again and I'd love to see more people participating for a more diverse experience. What do you guys think about a reward for reaching Spartan rank on the forums here in Infinite?

I think a skin or even just a nameplate would be stellar and that rewarding community involvement is a good thing.
I hope to see a new waypoint badge for playing Halo infinite Beta
A common cause for incentivizing people to post in an online forum is a large number of low effort posts that doesn't provide a significant contribution to the forum. The aim with an online forum should always to be encourage constructive discussions qualitative posts over a spam feast.

However, if we wish to introduce a forum reward. One approach could be to introduce "post of the week" reward which could be given to a user who has made a highly constructive post that goes beyond the expectations.
I'm still super new to the forums. While I am a bit bummed that there is a cap on how many I can post in a day (at the moment) because I genuinely want to feel connected to this, I do appreciate that it makes me stop and think for a bit. I saved a post reply in a document not too long ago, because I felt I could add value and wanted to contribute the next day. The fact that I saved it meant that I thought it was worthy. There may not be many people like me, but I like that the limitations slowed me down. I could see a reward for a long-time contributor, or something like that, but probably nothing to honestly "grind" for. I think it devalues the whole operation.
I saved a post reply in a document not too long ago, because I felt I could add value and wanted to contribute the next day.
Yay, I'm not the only one who does that. Literally have had a plain text file labeled UnfinishedPost sitting on my desktop for half a decade that always has the latest post I didn't have time to finish.

Then there's writing a post for an hour and scrapping it when you realize it's garbage with no valuable insight.
TheDonCJG wrote:

This right here!

I agree 100%. I feel like there are some threads and replies that just get posted for the sake of it. Just leads to a bunch of random off topic or repeat posts.

Waypoint rank should remain to Waypoint. I’d love to see more activity on here but I’d want to see it for the right reasons such as being a part of the community rather than some in game reward.
The same
EchoAge98 wrote:

I got a forum signature. That's more than enough of a "reward."