Forums / Community / General Discussion

What do you use to play halo on pc?

OP fresh fo290

I am just doing a little experiment with halo pc community.
And one thing I wanted to know was what do people use to play on pc?

What I mean is, do you play with a Controller or keyboard?
Even though Halo was designed with a controller/console experience in mind, my default is keyboard and mouse.
Lately, however, I've been looking to recapture that classic Halo experience.
Despite the accuracy and comfort of the mouse, the slower turn of a controller and wider aim spread is more nostalgic.
Even the vehicles seem to benefit from this.
While I often use the SPV3 mod for Halo Custom edition, which has more options, I tend to use a controller more.
Recently I'm trying to find a way to use the Steam controller since I think it's a great hybrid of the two.
I can't seem to get the mod to launch right out of Steam, however.
Thankfully Xbox One/360 controller support works without the need for other programs or tweaks.
Often enough, the more classic you can make the experience, the better Halo is.

I hope this makes sense.
I wanna use keyboard and mouse (and I do) but I can't melee. I have gotten used to playing shooters on console and my coordination isn't the greatest with all the quick key strokes and short cuts (which makes me very slow in RTS's).
WolfV11 wrote:
Even though Halo was designed with a controller/console experience in mind, my default is keyboard and mouse.
Lately, however, I've been looking to recapture that classic Halo experience.
Despite the accuracy and comfort of the mouse, the slower turn of a controller and wider aim spread is more nostalgic.
Even the vehicles seem to benefit from this.
While I often use the SPV3 mod for Halo Custom edition, which has more options, I tend to use a controller more.
Recently I'm trying to find a way to use the Steam controller since I think it's a great hybrid of the two.
I can't seem to get the mod to launch right out of Steam, however.
Thankfully Xbox One/360 controller support works without the need for other programs or tweaks.
Often enough, the more classic you can make the experience, the better Halo is.

I hope this makes sense.
it does, thank you.
I wanna use keyboard and mouse (and I do) but I can't melee. I have gotten used to playing shooters on console and my coordination isn't the greatest with all the quick key strokes and short cuts (which makes me very slow in RTS's).
I legit cant use a keyboard for any games.
I used a key board and a mouse to play halo ce when i was little. Now I use a consol to play halo.
Controller
Halo 5: Forge was poorly ported onto PC and really cannot be played with M/KB so naturally there I use a controller.
Any other Halo game on PC though, I will play with a Mouse & Keyboard because it’s better in every way (to me).